A Direct Message 2013-05-06

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Mark N

A Direct Message 2013-05-06

Post by Mark N »

Now the Loony-Toons aspects of this are making sense.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Fairportfan

Re: A Direct Message 2013-05-06

Post by Fairportfan »

A) Have Tsilla and Connie ever met face-to-face? I think that'd be ... interesting.

B) We have confirmation that Brandy has multiple personality disorder.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

I see Tsillah is thoroughly enjoying her new job as library liaison.

"One ringy-dingy....two ringy-dingy..."
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

I'm hearing that code with a nasal tone... "A gracious good day, is this the party to whom I'm speaking? snort"
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

The library is the one pulling the strings in this caper. So all the Brandi chess master lines are out the window. Yes she is a split personality but one wonder how many there are.

This answers a whole lotta questions don't it!!!!
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

AmriloJim wrote:I'm hearing that code with a nasal tone... "A gracious good day, is this the party to whom I'm speaking? snort"
Me to but how many others will know who Ernestine is? Hint: Lily Tomlin.

This also explains why the people involved all have slightly different ideas of who's when, where, and what. The library is feeding them only the information it wants them to have.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

zachariah wrote:The library is the one pulling the strings in this caper. So all the Brandi chess master lines are out the window. Yes she is a split personality but one wonder how many there are.

This answers a whole lotta questions don't it!!!!
I am guessing that it is just 2 personalities. The real question is what will she be like when she is reintegrated by the end of this one.
Also, who is taking care of poor Oscar???
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Dave

Post by Dave »

AmriloJim wrote:I'm hearing that code with a nasal tone... "A gracious good day, is this the party to whom I'm speaking? snort"
Yup, without a doubt! Hellllllllllooooooooo, Ernestine!

Tsillah is obviously having a gas. On the other hand, she may be having gas shortly, when she learns that things out in the field aren't going quite exactly as Directed.
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

Oh dear lord, Tsillah is the "mastermind" behind all this? I weep for our Wapsi characters. This cannot bode well. The-a, the-a, that's all folks!
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Dave wrote:
Yup, without a doubt! Hellllllllllooooooooo, Ernestine!

Tsillah is obviously having a gas. On the other hand, she may be having gas shortly, when she learns that things out in the field aren't going quite exactly as Directed.
Who says that things are not going the way they are directed? It is a mater of what the Director is telling her.

I have to admit that this one brought back good memories of Lilly Tomlin doing that bit in the 70's. It also keeps reminding me of my age lol.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Fairportfan wrote:A) Have Tsilla and Connie ever met face-to-face? I think that'd be ... interesting.
As in, lots of highly-energetic byproducts of the reaction, flying in all directions at scary speeds? Yes, I would agree... definitely "interesting"! Should be quite something to look forward to... it's bound to happen eventually. I'm not sure whether they'll be antagonists (scary!) or whether they'll go into a sistership-bonding (possibly scarier!)
B) We have confirmation that Brandy has multiple personality disorder.
Does seem that way! I'll be very curious to learn whether her Oduya aspect is managing to successfully pull strings and move pieces around behind the Library's back, while the Library and Tsillah (and others in the MIB?) are apparently trying to manipulate Brandi/Oduya at the same time.

Who is the Player, and who is the Game? Or, are both parties playing one another simultaneously?
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

Yeah, show of hands to all who got the Tomlin reference? .......WOW! Thats a lotta hands! :)
I think Tsillas been watchin' too much Babs Bunny. ;)
Stigmartyr762

Post by Stigmartyr762 »

Tsillah seems to be having fun channeling Lilly Tomlin, while she works as mission coordinator for the Library.

First they fix Jin, and now they working to fix Brandi. I wonder what sort of hijinxs they're going to pull when it come time to fix Bud?

The lost tribe? They don't mean the Minnesota tribe do they?
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Mark N wrote:Who says that things are not going the way they are directed? It is a mater of what the Director is telling her.
Well, when the Director's message is "Top priority is to assist the field tech and keep her safe", and the field tech actively refuses your assistance, trashes your transport, and PLUGHs out through a stargate without you, headed for points unknown... I'd say that you might not have achieved highest marks for fulfilling your specified assignment.

Mind you, what happened may be just what the Senior Director expected, but it's not what she directed.

I'm not convinced that the string-pulling setup Tsillah just recited is the whole picture, or is as neat and straightforward as she's saying it is. Wheels turning within wheels here... :?:
TheDOCTOR wrote:Yeah, show of hands to all who got the Tomlin reference? .......WOW! Thats a lotta hands!
As has been noted before, a lot of us forumites are definitely in the "showing considerable grey hair if we're lucky enough to still have it to show" age cohort. Now, if Pablo were sticking in references to current celebrities or popular music, I'd probably be lost (I'll admit that I had to Google "ruPaul" back when Connie dropped his name :? ).
Stigmartyr762 wrote:First they fix Jin, and now they working to fix Brandi. I wonder what sort of hijinxs they're going to pull when it come time to fix Bud?
Healing as huge a burden of guilt as sits on her shoulders and spirit? That might end up being the most difficult task of the three, perhaps.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Can't think of anything funny to say. Busy LOLing at the visuals. Image
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Fixing Brandi is going to take some doing. There is no magic wand waving for that problem. t calls for integrating the two personalities and getting them to accept each other. Then dealing with the trauma that caused the split in the first place. Once the two parts are ready to meld, or merge, it gets tricky. Which one will remain is the big question. You can get either one, depending on dominance, or strength of will, or they will merge to create a whole.

No matter what happens there are too unanswered questions about Brandi and what caused the split in the first place. We can assume it was the creation of the GG but that could be wrong. The split could be caused by her frustration at all the manipulation she was subjected to through all the replays.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

TheDOCTOR wrote:Yeah, show of hands to all who got the Tomlin reference? .......WOW! Thats a lotta hands! :)
I think Tsillas been watchin' too much Babs Bunny. ;)
Though I'm not that old to have seen Laugh-In as aired, my father was and used to love watching the old re-runs... Before I read a word I knew exactly who Tsillah was channeling...

Other greats were:

Henry Gibson's German: "Very In-ter-esting... but Sthupid!"

and who can forget...

Goldie Hawn's "Sockit to me baby!"

Yes... I spent a lot of my childhood watching re-runs of Laugh-In, Hee Haw, The Smother's Brothers and *gags* Lawrence Welk

Of course those weren't so bad when the alternative was the A Team...

Still, all this leads me to wonder when we'll be seeing Tsillah in pigtails and cover-alls, chewing on a spirg of wheat grass and giving the ultra-secret MiB authorization code "Bravo, Romeo, fife, four, niner..."

EDIT: Sorry... That was Arte Johnson's German in the potted plant... not Henry Gibson. Henry played the Nazi in "The Blues Brothers"

That's what happens when you write these posts at three in the morning...
Last edited by DilyV on Mon May 06, 2013 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

OK, recovered now.

They fixed Jin who was suffering from schizophrenia.
A quest is underway that may heal Brandi's dissociative identity disorder.
What the hell are we going to find out Bud is suffering from?
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

PTSD
=====================
=====================
mike weber