Stay On Your Toes 2013-05-03

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
zachariah

Re: Stay On Your Toes 2013-05-03

Post by zachariah »

Jay-Em wrote:Soooo...
Someone placed a data-logging device on the gate?

Hmmm.. Interesting..
That makes it the first spyware then?
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Julie

Post by Julie »

Yep...this is definitely a "sit back and enjoy your munchables until you can figure out what in tarnation is going on" update. :P

And it's amusing to me that the hand print is actually shaped like Lily's busted Vulcan salute. :lol:
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Julie wrote:Yep...this is definitely a "sit back and enjoy your munchables until you can figure out what in tarnation is going on" update. :P

And it's amusing to me that the hand print is actually shaped like Lily's busted Vulcan salute. :lol:
Actually it is not a busted Vulcan salute. It is a Spider Salute. The first and last fingers are the front and back legs on one side. The two middle fingers are the two middle legs. Check out spider pictures most of the middle legs are close together that way. A formal salute would be both hands with the thumbs making up the head, the palms the body. Ancient Anasazi salute honoring the spider women.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Julie wrote:Yep...this is definitely a "sit back and enjoy your munchables until you can figure out what in tarnation is going on" update. :P

I think you hit the nail on the head Julie... it appears that a certain Russian crewmember of the Enterprise might have made some of the glyphstones for this particular stargate.... in an alternate time line of course...

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=14&p=17506#p17506
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

Stigmartyr762 wrote:A Cleavage of holding is a handy thing to have around.

I can't help but wonder why Katherine didn't see the crystal?

Or did she see it and figure out it's purpose and left it there.

Will removing the crystal prevent Lilly and Suzi from arriving at Mesa Verde on time?

What's Dietzel up to?
Still, I think I would be tempted to install a booby trap to keep out invasive hands.
RunningBull

Post by RunningBull »

bmonk wrote:Still, I think I would be tempted to install a booby trap to keep out invasive hands.
Ouch!! Boy that looks painful.
"You're not going crazy! You're going sane in a crazy world!"
- The Tick
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

RunningBull wrote:
bmonk wrote:Still, I think I would be tempted to install a booby trap to keep out invasive hands.
Especially since it ended up in another bobby trap.
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

A few years ago, my sister had stopped by the gallery where our Mother and I worked, then went to pay some bills. She came back panicked, having lost her cell phone, and we searched the place for it. She went off to retrace her steps. Later, she came back, and told us she found it. In her decolletage. First thing Ma said was, "Did you go numb down there, or what?" My sis is averagely-gifted, so actually losing the phone for that long a time was a bit of a surprise. She had the ringer turned off, but forgot to make sure the vibe was on, so calling it didn't help, by the way.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

It always bemuses me to see ladies storing their mobile phones/slim wallets/etc in their brassieres. Isn't that uncomfortable? Having something artificial against my skin for too long makes me sweaty.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Dave

Post by Dave »

It will be interesting to see where they actually end up.
illiad

Post by illiad »

Dave wrote:It will be interesting to see where they actually end up.
the rest of those pics are great too!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: 8-) why a rubber chicken? well there was this great party.... :P :/
MerchManDan wrote:It always bemuses me to see ladies storing their mobile phones/slim wallets/etc in their brassieres. Isn't that uncomfortable? Having something artificial against my skin for too long makes me sweaty.
I guess the large amount of 'natural padding' helps! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: you need to watch 'family guy' for another view... :shock: :roll:
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

zachariah wrote:
RunningBull wrote:
Especially since it ended up in another bobby trap.
Try again, folks -- and do it with style!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

While all of this has been fun I feel I have to point out that Wapsi is not connected to Hammer space. Alternate dimensions yes. Interportal gaps, yes. Hammerspace, no. Not once have we seen the key proof of hammerspaces existence anywhere. Not one guy, or gal, making an off color remark gets the hammer applied. Now if Suzi has a portal in there she is hiding one heck of a tattoo.
Julie

Post by Julie »

MerchManDan wrote:It always bemuses me to see ladies storing their mobile phones/slim wallets/etc in their brassieres. Isn't that uncomfortable? Having something artificial against my skin for too long makes me sweaty.
Meh...it's not uncomfortable to me. Then again, you have to remember...some of us wear "artificial" things against our chests on a regular basis (i.e. bras with underwires), so tucking something in there is just, well, not a bothersome thing. You eventually don't even feel the thing you tucked away (as evidenced by kingklash's sister). Then again, while storing something in the bra isn't bothersome, occasionally retrieving it can be difficult. :? Sometimes the stuff you tick away slips lower in the bra, so you really have to go fishing to find it again. If the item(s) you're trying to retrieve include your money and/or ID when you're out at a club...well sometimes it makes for a show for the strangers around you. :P
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Remember when the girls went to Club Cerberus and Monica said she had enough in-the-bra money to get them all plastered?
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
as363

Post by as363 »

Computer was down a couple of days - and then coming back today and trying to keep abreast - I run into this. WOW ! Thanks to everyone for the links and the puns . It takes me longer here than any other web-comic . And that's a tribute to all the inventive minds that hang out here on a regular basis. And - of course - Mr. P's delightful pictures.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

as363 wrote:Computer was down a couple of days - and then coming back today and trying to keep abreast - I run into this. WOW ! Thanks to everyone for the links and the puns . It takes me longer here than any other web-comic . And that's a tribute to all the inventive minds that hang out here on a regular basis. And - of course - Mr. P's delightful pictures.
Umm there is a pun jar tapping what might pass as a foot off to your left.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.