Awful Convenient 2013-04-23

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
DilyV

Awful Convenient 2013-04-23

Post by DilyV »

Brandi IS up to something!!!!
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Stigmartyr762

Re: Awful Convenient 2013-04-23

Post by Stigmartyr762 »

Katherine can smell the bull$%#@ that Brandi is trying to sell. her.
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Oh yeah, you can totally trust that smile.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

This might just be me, but does Brandi's smile (and posture) in last panel seem a bit ..... Nudge like?

(ah, the fun of reading a story with shapshifters in it. I look forward to the day we read a page with Nudge in it and people start wondering "is that is the real Nudge?". :) )
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Indeed. Since we-the-viewers KNOW that Brandi had already met the new MIB agents - or, at least, one of them - just days (?) earlier, they wouldn't "supposedly" know her when they see her. But unless Brandi is putting on an Oscar-worthy performance here, she looks like she's just as confused as she...uh, sounds.

So I grudgingly admit, the real question is: How many Brandis ARE there, anyway?
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Hummm. It really sounds like it was the library pulling the strings on this. So did it do it on it's own, or is it lending a hand to Phix. I'll lean towards the library is the one running the show. Brandi is only the errand girl in this one.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Sali's is being a smartass. The fries comment is really a good one. So I guess at least one end of her has to be smart.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

MerchManDan wrote: So I grudgingly admit, the real question is: How many Brandis ARE there, anyway?
How many have we had? That might be why we are seeing double or triple.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

MerchManDan wrote:So I grudgingly admit, the real question is: How many Brandis ARE there, anyway?
Most evenings, I would not be against a couple of Brandi's before bed...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

MerchManDan wrote:So I grudgingly admit, the real question is: How many Brandis ARE there, anyway?
Will the real Brandi please stand up?
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

Note that the route prescribed in frame three is the trip they've just taken in reverse order.
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.
Dave

Post by Dave »

zachariah wrote:Sali's is being a smartass. The fries comment is really a good one. So I guess at least one end of her has to be smart.
Oh, I think both ends of her are quite smart.

Sensible, now? Well, that's another question entirely.

Having intelligence, having knowledge, and having the common sense that God gave a goose are three different things. (Substitute "wisdom" or "good judgement" for "common sense" if you prefer... same idea, mostly).
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

The real questions are: What is Brandi/MIB looking for, and how does it relate to Kat's quest?
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Atomic wrote:The real questions are: What is Brandi/MIB looking for, and how does it relate to Kat's quest?
Following Kat and Atsali to 'asses' the materials that are being hidden from the Library...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Atomic wrote:The real questions are: What is Brandi/MIB looking for, and how does it relate to Kat's quest?
What is the Library looking for, or trying to do? Not Brandi/MIB. They just responded to a fire alarm from the library so they did not put this in motion.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

zachariah wrote:
What is the Library looking for, or trying to do? Not Brandi/MIB. They just responded to a fire alarm from the library so they did not put this in motion.
So this "Brandi" says, anyway. (whee, look at me being paranoid!)
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

MerchManDan wrote:
zachariah wrote:
So this "Brandi" says, anyway. (whee, look at me being paranoid!)
Brandi doesn't lie. She may mislead, but she doesn't lie. So we can accept that statement at face value.
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

If we take what Brandi says at face value, then she was out of the loop and responded to the Library's summons, and doesn't know that the Library sent McBride and Pratt out to meet Katherine. Which is odd, since she's the one who talked to Pratt about Mapami. To me this leaves three likely scenarios, and one more outlandish one that popped into my head

1. Brandy is lying her ass off and is fully aware of what is going on.

2. One of the Brandis we've seen, probably the "Senior Director" that talked to Lily is a shape shifter playing the role of Brandi. Possibly Nudge.

3. Brandi "doesn't like who she is when she lets herself think" and has compartmentalized "Senior Director Adoya" into a seperate and distinct personality that is different from the Sweet Brandi who has resumed a (mostly) normal human life. Sweet Brandi may be only partially aware or may be even completely uanaware of what the Senior Director is up to.

The hare brained outlandish idea that is completly unsuppourted by any evidince is that Brandi 56 took refuge in the Library just before the last Calander reset and survived intact with all of her memories, effectively becoming an alternate reality Brandi who has been manipulating events from a distance and adjusting plans to fit events as they happen with full knowledge of what went before. It explains some of the crazier stuff, like the sub Stinky found in the Bermuda Triangle having the artifact just when they needed it. Past Brandi wasn't manipulating events from 1400 years ago. She was doing it in real time. And she's been running around doing the MiB thing and generally keeping things on track while Brandi 57 enjoys being (mostly) human again.

As I said it's an out landish idea and there isn't really any evedence to suppourt it, but it popped into my head and I thought I'd share.
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

Brandy obviously hasn't has not yet gotten a SITREP from the MIB contingent lead by Pratt and McBride.

Any bets on how she responses, and at whom?
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
Sphinx-Napped

Post by Sphinx-Napped »

cant stop laughing,

astial comment, just cant stop laughing
Punjar repair man, that recently up graded the pun jar to 2.0 now with self defense and and evil ai that will try to kill you, if you even try to hurt it for doing its job...