Awful Convenient 2013-04-23

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
MerchManDan

Re: Awful Convenient 2013-04-23

Post by MerchManDan »

There must be some clue in the Archives that we've all overlooked, that would explain everything (or, bare minimum, clarify SOMETHING).
zachariah wrote:Pratt and Lily were told to meet BRandi. We are assuming that it was Brandi talking to them on the phone. I don't think so. The wording by Lily would be different, and her reaction as well, if she had actually been talking to Brandi. Like snapping to attention and stuttering. So Brandi can very easily be out of th eloop on who was sent by the library.

Who ever told Brandi that she would be meeting new agents did not know Brandi had already met Lily and did not provide th names of the agents she was to meet. If they had Brandi would know who she was to meet.

The library set of a fire alarm and that triggered the MIB response. Lily and Prat were the agents on hand so they got sent. Tisalia was their boss and is probably the one who passed the info to MIB. This means Brandi only has half the story.

Brandi's word about Phix and Monica are back at the library lends support that it is the library running this circus. Just who is giving orders to the library. It is possible the library is the one giving the orders.
While it's already been agreed that we don't believe Pratt spoke with Brandi directly, it does still make sense that maybe Brandi thinks there have been new MIB "acquisitions" since she first met Pratt. So that is a fair point.

Also, just to clear ONE thing up: You keep saying "Lily and Pratt;" except Lily IS Pratt. Lily Pratt. The other vampire is Suzi McBride. ;)
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

Jay-Em wrote:That....smile...
So, it's not Brandi manipulating stuff here. I stand corrected. Still.
She knows waaaaaaay more than she lets through.

And why the sudden emergence of " the multiple Brandi's"-idea? Far too convenient "Marvel plot twist" To me there's nothing that points to that. Although, the last frame's smile has a certain "Nudge-ness" to it. Buuut, Nudge had already trouble enough to make her "slightly round curly top" persona, I very much doubt she's able to perfectly emulate Brandi's look.

If the library is pulling the strings, maybe it sent Brandi as a body-guard/protector for Kat and Sali because there's something bad behind the stargate?

Ugh! Retreating to the Confusion-Corner here.... :x
it's not really "sudden"... I've had the thought for quite a while, in fact ever since we saw "Sr. Director Oduya" for the first time... i commented on it a way back as well

personally i think that the warm, sweet caring, loveable Brandi that we all know about is the "Emotional Twin" in a "Emotion vs Logic" scenario and that "Sr. Director Oduya" is the "Logical" twin. that would fit in with the assumptions that Brandi is all very emotional, and very empathetic, and kinda ditzy (can't plan things due to loss of logical planning abilities to the twin)... but the rep that Sr. Director has of being a calculating, planning, emotionless (lost to the Emo Twin) B$%^ch of a Chessmaster, says that she's the "logical " twin of the two of them, that the "Original" Brandi was instrumental in creating the day that she got taken by the priests... that whole "they don't know what they created that day..." the Demon Realm 'noticed' her and she made a deal with them... we still don't know exactly what the deal IS though, but one can extrapolate and exaggerate...

through an earlier comment by Boxilar:
Boxilar wrote:The hare brained outlandish idea that is completely unsupported by any evidence is that Brandi 56 took refuge in the Library just before the last Calendar reset and survived intact with all of her memories, effectively becoming an alternate reality Brandi who has been manipulating events from a distance and adjusting plans to fit events as they happen with full knowledge of what went before. It explains some of the crazier stuff, like the sub Stinky found in the Bermuda Triangle having the artifact just when they needed it. Past Brandi wasn't manipulating events from 1400 years ago. She was doing it in real time. And she's been running around doing the MiB thing and generally keeping things on track while Brandi 57 enjoys being (mostly) human again.

As I said it's an outlandish idea and there isn't really any evidence to support it, but it popped into my head and I thought I'd share.
this has me thinking... (dangerous for me to do, but still ;) ) this could be very plausible too... the Sr. Director is the Brandi 56, and the one we know about is #57. she's had a lot of the "behind the scenes" stuff just "taken care of" by the Sr. Director, and thusly never has to get into the nuts n bolts of the MIB and do the dirty work herself... because it's already been taken care of... though if this is true, does Brandi 57 even know of the existence of 56?
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

jwhouk wrote:I suspect that there may be a connection between Tina 2.0, Brandi's apparent schizophrenia, Jin's issues, and May's occasional off-the-wall-ness.
Point of contention, Jin's delusions were analogous to schizophrenia. What Brandi's apparent dual personalities suggest would be dissociative identity disorder.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

MerchManDan wrote: Also, just to clear ONE thing up: You keep saying "Lily and Pratt;" except Lily IS Pratt. Lily Pratt. The other vampire is Suzi McBride. ;)
I'll admit my memory about names is really poor. Once I get to writing the fingers can't keep up with the head. So I do know who they are, my fingers doesn't do.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

kingklash wrote:To paraphrase an old Popeye cartoon, "If it isn't Brandi, then who is it? And if it isn't her, then why does she look like Brandi?"

There are two girls so far that can smile like that, and they are both Mythics, Shapeshifters, and call each other Sister. Their connections to the Library can usually go without saying.
I was thinking the very same thing earlier after my previous post but wasn't able to pop back on... Nudge got bopped but good by Phix for jumping into Tina... I don't think nudge is a shapeshifter per se... she can take human form as we've seen, but she still looks like herself pretty much... and she can hop in and out of people as she did with Tina... Now Tsillah.... We KNOW she can make herself look like anything she wants... so it stands to reason she can look like anyone she wants as well.

I am altering my view to say that it's Tsillah acting as Brandi
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
wwf

Post by wwf »

When Kath was introduced to Phyx here she asked for both knowledge and adventure.
I keep thinking that this current adventure is the result of that request.
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

shadowinthelight wrote:
jwhouk wrote:I suspect that there may be a connection between Tina 2.0, Brandi's apparent schizophrenia, Jin's issues, and May's occasional off-the-wall-ness.
Point of contention, Jin's delusions were analogous to schizophrenia. What Brandi's apparent dual personalities suggest would be dissociative identity disorder.
there is an alternative cause .....

*singing*
Time is on my side, yes it is

Now you always say
That you want to be free
But you'll come running back (said you would baby)
Youll come running back (I said so many times before)
Youll come running back to me

Oh, time is on my side, yes it is

:shock:

alternative alternative :P

"How Many Brandis Do We Have On This Ship?!?"

:mrgreen:
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones