Just Me 2013-04-22

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
shadowinthelight

Just Me 2013-04-22

Post by shadowinthelight »

The Director seems rather casually dressed.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
NOTDilbert

Re: Just Me 2013-04-22

Post by NOTDilbert »

Anyone but Brandi should start backing away from the look on Kat's face paired with the quiet "Uh, excuse me?" Thar be storms comin'.
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

"Wow! Life isn't like the book at all! Stuff actually happens to you!"
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Masterof7s

Post by Masterof7s »

If it were anyone else, I'd be worried about that response from Kat.

But this is Brandi we're talking about. Someone who can obliterate an entire planet probably has little to worry about.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Survey says???

BRANDI!!!!! DING DING DING DING!!!!

Roller Coaster Ride dipped in Dynamite... Girl, that's the understatement of the century!!!

It looks like Kath is about to have a meltdown!

Somehow, I think this was all an object lesson for Atsali... to maybe cool her jets on adventure-seeking. I also think Kath is gonna be mucho pissed for being played as the baby-sitter. This will be forgotten when Brandi informs her that she's found something of major value to the MiB that had been lost and/or forgotten for millenia... and offers a substantial grant for Kath to study what she's found.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

Everyone that voted " Brandi", give yourself a cookie. And bonus points who said that the Senior Director set all this in motion. Maybe she wanted to get some resolution for more than one person here. Lily needing to deal with the circumstances of her rizing as a vampire seems obvious, but maybe Kath and Atsali need their own little bit of closure, or at least some friends, too.
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

Hmm..

The way Brandi asks "How 's your adventure going so far" makes me fairly certain that Brandi has a hand in the happenings.

Maybe nót directly in the dynamite-powered roller-coaster-bit, but more in a general sense. i.e. there's nót a whole lot of "coïncidence" involved in Atsali's meet-up with Kat for "an adventure".
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Boxilar wrote:Everyone that voted " Brandi", give yourself a cookie. And bonus points who said that the Senior Director set all this in motion. Maybe she wanted to get some resolution for more than one person here. Lily needing to deal with the circumstances of her rizing as a vampire seems obvious, but maybe Kath and Atsali need their own little bit of closure, or at least some friends, too.
Actually from Brandi's comments it sounds like all three set it up. Brandi, Phix, and Monica. Phix and Monica are in the library, probably keeping track of things, while Brandi runs the op. Monica wanted Kathy to have her adventure, Phix wanted Sali to learn the difference between real world and books, BRandi to manage the details. Now was this also supposed to get the two together and Sali adopted?
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

Boxilar wrote:Everyone that voted " Brandi", give yourself a cookie. And bonus points who said that the Senior Director set all this in motion. Maybe she wanted to get some resolution for more than one person here. Lily needing to deal with the circumstances of her rizing as a vampire seems obvious, but maybe Kath and Atsali need their own little bit of closure, or at least some friends, too.
Yeah, that's kinda my take on the events too.
Wild guess: Brandi is expertly busy forming a new branch in the MiB, and needs clear heads.
It's almost like the standard way team-based adventure games go: Get members, fix their problems, have team, fix giant, galaxy-threatening problem. (Kotor, Mass effect and their ilk) Elder Gods entering earth-realm through leaks/unknown portals in the Lanthian gizmos-powered protection grid could be the kind of "giant problem" Brandi needs her team for.
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Atsali, honey, it's not always about you...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

Katherine is majorly pissed, as anyone with any brains would be. She did not go to the Library for an "adventure", she went for information and maybe advise. To then find that she has been jerked around by others - including her best friend (Monica) - not to mention killed might make her explode. If this is all an example of one of Brandi's "plans" she seems to be woefully inept. One does not put one's chess pieces in danger unless absolutely necessary, and I can see no reason for the dynamite, roller coaster ride, crashing through a buried building which then collapses. At least so far.
Bad Brandi! NO COOKIE!!
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

shadowinthelight wrote:The Director seems rather casually dressed.

When you're an immortal unstoppable war machine, you don't need to show off.

(Man, you burn down one continent and they never let you forget it.)
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

Umm ... Brandi has not yet confirmed setting it up their adventure. All she has confirmed is her knowledge of it.

Lily already told her the Library took note of their "quest". That Brandi has been notified of their "adventure" is not all that much new information.

/me awaits further development, but pledges himself to the "Bad Brandi" choir if it turns out she really did plan those Wile E. Coyote stunts.
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Jabberwonky wrote:Atsali, honey, it's not always about you...
She's a fifteen year old girl. It's always about her. Image
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
illiad

Post by illiad »

heh, at least she did not say "are you enjoying yourself??" :roll: :roll:
txmystic

Post by txmystic »

txmystic wrote:I dunno, if I was Kath I'd be more like "AAAAAAAAAUGH!"
OK, so I was off by like 7 "A"s :-)

But as others have noticed, Brandi seems awfully casual, both in dress and tone. It is clear that she is investigating the reason things are being kept from the library, and she herself wants Kathrine and Atsali to retain their independence for some reason...but why would she act like she just ran into the two at the Starbucks? Most confusing...to the corner! With Chocosuisse! And strong coffee...

...NOT from Starbucks...
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Starbucks? Are you even allowed to say that name this close to Mucho Mocha?
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

Next Monica will be asked if anyone's there?

"Just Me and my Shadow."
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

"...someone you don't know having a really bad day far far away."
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

txmystic wrote:
But as others have noticed, Brandi seems awfully casual, both in dress and tone. It is clear that she is investigating the reason things are being kept from the library, and she herself wants Kathrine and Atsali to retain their independence for some reason...but why would she act like she just ran into the two at the Starbucks? Most confusing...to the corner! With Chocosuisse! And strong coffee...

...NOT from Starbucks...
Unless my connectome is losing memory strands, I don't think Kath and Brandi's first meeting was presented onstage. Assuming Monica introduced them, the "casual" Brandi is the one most people know. Brandi's backstory is only slowly being filled in.

And as for coffee houses, apart from picking up the Key, Brandi doesn't seem to visit Mucho Mocha. The same goes for Katherine: Tina's take on her could be epic.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.