Taking Charge 2013-04-17

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Mark N

Taking Charge 2013-04-17

Post by Mark N »

It is beginning to look like Lilly might be guessing that she has been had by Brandi and/or the Library
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Jay-Em

Re: Taking Charge 2013-04-17

Post by Jay-Em »

Odd..

I guess the pilot really feels he lost face..

(Drops slightly used one-handed crossbow in pun-jar)
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Jay-Em wrote:Odd..

I guess the pilot really feels he lost face..

(Drops slightly used one-handed crossbow in pun-jar)
Definitely not very smart. He looks like a dummy.
*drops some spare mannequin parts in the pun jar*
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
sonicthunder

Post by sonicthunder »

He must be really confused, just look at that blank stare.

*drops blank check into the pun-jar*
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

At least they realize it's a 20 mile hike to the meeting point. Not too sure what getting into the alcove will do for them other than show the ladies are not toast.

Other thing is what made Lily suspicious suddenly? Nothing overt happened so why would the upcoming meeting trigger this? It would trigger worry about accounting for the mess but to think something is off center???
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

sonicthunder wrote:He must be really confused, just look at that blank stare.

*drops blank check into the pun-jar*
The camera blurred out his face to protect his identity. He may have been a former blank robber and is on the wanted list.

Drops a blank plank into the pun tank.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

The tall one on the right in frame four could be Sali's brother/sister. It's obvious he/she isn't totally in contact with reality. Maybe they found some magic mushrooms while waiting?
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

zachariah wrote:The tall one on the right in frame four could be Sali's brother/sister. It's obvious he/she isn't totally in contact with reality. Maybe they found some magic mushrooms while waiting?
I'd be willing to bet none of the MiB team are Vanilla mortals. The Rayban twins look too much alike, the tall man or woman(I'm leaning to thinking she's female) seems mostly unfazed by the two vamps antics and the pilot lacks any discernable facial features.

I hope we learn a bit more about them as time goes on.
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

I'm assuming blank-face guy/girl simply has a face shield down. But it has me wondering just who our mystery guest might be. There may be a reason Paul has, thus far, obscured this person's/being's face. And why hike 20 miles through a hot landscape? Just relay the situation and have the director and her entourage meet them where they are? At least send transport. I mean, Brandi's going to find out eventually anyway.

Looks as if the female is either apprehensive about what they have been ordered to do, or busting to tell something she (and maybe the rest of the crew) knows. If they are all supernaturals, I'm thinking the twins might be the easiest to guess. What supernatural twins are famous in mythology?
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Duh, the guy on the left is The Blank.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

Not sure how much of everything was Brandi's idea, but I can see her saying, "You lost both choppers, toasted an archeological dig, lost two civilians (who may be dead) and walked 20 miles to report to me? I just love it when a plan comes together!"
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
cmdrpowers

Post by cmdrpowers »

This is seriously weird. That crew looks like a bunch of literal dummies. They do not look human at all. After all that's happened, they display no reaction. Oh and the blank face is just as creepy as it was on Star Trek. Maybe they are Tsillah?
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

shadowinthelight wrote:Duh, the guy on the left is The Blank.
To quote an old Johnny Cash song.

The one on the right was in the middle,
The one on the left was on the right,
The one in the middle was on the left,
And the one to rear-r-r was a draft dodger.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

shadowinthelight wrote:Duh, the guy on the left is The Blank.
But...but, I thought he was The Question... :?
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

davids4250 wrote:Not sure how much of everything was Brandi's idea, but I can see her saying, "You lost both choppers, toasted an archeological dig, lost two civilians (who may be dead) and walked 20 miles to report to me? I just love it when a plan comes together!"
You forgot the Sarcasm italics.
eee

Post by eee »

zachariah wrote:At least they realize it's a 20 mile hike to the meeting point. Not too sure what getting into the alcove will do for them other than show the ladies are not toast.

Other thing is what made Lily suspicious suddenly? Nothing overt happened so why would the upcoming meeting trigger this? It would trigger worry about accounting for the mess but to think something is off center???
It is possible she was initially too stunned by the helicopter disasters to think, then distracted by flashbacks to her death. Then Brandy called, and suddenly she had to focus on what she was going to say. And once she started thinking, her detective instincts kicked in and she started to smell a rat...
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

20 miles at Olympic marathon pace will be about two hours, at least four hours at a quick walking pace, and even more, if they can't go in a straight line. So -- are these people "enhanced" a bit to get that far that quickly, or sooner?

Brandi could always poit over to see what's keeping them.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Kingmaker

Post by Kingmaker »

Mr. Blank stare gave me pause for only a second before I said in a gravely voice "Cooooooooobra!"

Yes, yes I went there.

*Drops a G.I. Joe action figure in the pun jar*

Seriously though, tall and skinny in the back there appears to know more than s/he lets on. That whole biting the lip thing could also be gas or relief tha thte two vampires are done fighting for now or could be excitment based on the fact its a 20 mile hike!

I want to call the two sunglasses guys Rock and his twin brother Roll.

And I expect they have a big bulge over their herts, not because they have a big heart, but because they have a big gun.

That or they just like looking cool in sunglasses.

Glad Lilly and Suzie are back on speaking terms and not scare the crap out of me terms.
"But when they said, "Give us a king to lead us," this displeased Samuel; so he prayed to the LORD"
1 Samuel 8:6

Sometimes being the Kingmaker is harder than it sounds, especially when people don't know what they are getting into.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

I don't think it's a matter of walking to the meeting point. The first thing that came to mind is that maybe they know a portal is down there and plan to use it to get to Mesa Verde. They have to check on Kath and Atsali, true, but look at the what Lily says and the obvious tone in which she ways it. I think Lily knows more than the rest, which is obvious by what Suzi says about it being 20 miles to Mesa Verde and the blank stares (literally on one guy's face) by the crew. Why walk 20 miles if you've got a stargate beneath your feet?
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Kingmaker wrote:Mr. Blank stare gave me pause for only a second before I said in a gravely voice "Cooooooooobra!"

Yes, yes I went there.

*Drops a G.I. Joe action figure in the pun jar*

Seriously though, tall and skinny in the back there appears to know more than s/he lets on. That whole biting the lip thing could also be gas or relief tha thte two vampires are done fighting for now or could be excitment based on the fact its a 20 mile hike!

I want to call the two sunglasses guys Rock and his twin brother Roll.

And I expect they have a big bulge over their herts, not because they have a big heart, but because they have a big gun.

That or they just like looking cool in sunglasses.

Glad Lilly and Suzie are back on speaking terms and not scare the crap out of me terms.
That big bulge on their chest is from their ALSE (Aviation Life Support Equipment) vest. All aircrew wear them. I suspect that pouch in the front is insulated and packed with dry ice and salted caramel latte popcicles...

*drops an empty good humor wrapper in the pun jar for that one*
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.