Not That Simple 2013-04-08

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
DilyV

Not That Simple 2013-04-08

Post by DilyV »

Atsali, you eeeeeevil little twit!!!!!

It would appear that Atsali has another boot to the butt or a smack in the back of the head coming... Something crossed my mind about choking the chicken... but I decided not to go there... awwww, shit.

Drops a 20 piece Chicken McNugget in the punjar...
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
The Old Wolf

Re: Not That Simple 2013-04-08

Post by The Old Wolf »

Atsali is a mixed bag. Young and unseasoned, typical teenager, but not dumb by any means. Well-versed in paranormal things, apparently.
“Make the world work, for 100% of humanity, in the shortest possible time, through spontaneous cooperation, without ecological offense or the disadvantage of anyone.”
-R. Buckminster Fuller
---------------
Playing in the World Game
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Wonder what a paranormal orphanage is like? I bet you get an odd kind of street smarts your usual street urchins don't get.
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

The paranormals in the Wapsiverse seem to have the down low on all of Earth's secret history. And one hell of a water-cooler to share gossip over...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

So Atsali is a bit more sophisticated than we'd been shown before now...
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

NOTDilbert wrote:Wonder what a paranormal orphanage is like? I bet you get an odd kind of street smarts your usual street urchins don't get.
Can you imagine what the larder for their kitchen must hold? :shock:
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Purina Paranormal Chow?
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

NOTDilbert wrote:Purina Paranormal Chow?
Purina Chicken Feed.... LOL

Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

I had long, suspected?, inferred from no real source?, that the Central American civilizations that we know were either time bastardized, or cargo cult versions of the Lanthian civilization brought over on Mayahuel's run to the new world.
Nice to see a confirmation of it.
:D
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

The Old Wolf wrote:Atsali is a mixed bag. Young and unseasoned, typical teenager, but not dumb by any means. Well-versed in paranormal things, apparently.
I love the look on her face in that last frame... as if she knew what was up the whole time and is welcoming Kath to real life... Kinda makes you wonder!

Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

DilyV wrote:
:lol:
And Minotaur Chow, Werewolf Chow, Titan Chow, Vampire Chow (the kind you soak with hot water)...
Stigmartyr762

Post by Stigmartyr762 »

That little turd!

Of course Atsali has a point. Nothing is ever that simple. If it looks easy , then that means Mr Murphy is waiting just around the corner with a unwelcome surprise for you.
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

She is right that Kath said she was looking for kachina dolls. K never said anything about star gates.
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

This shows Brandi's agreement to protect earth does not apply to portals or the library could not operate the gates to earth.

Sali's is showing a much more intelligent aspect here. I'm still holding out for her really being Phix who else would have known about Kathy's reason for being there? The library probably told Phix and lied to MIB about who Sali is. I'm prepared to be wrong, but what the heck we all have pet theories.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
wwf

Post by wwf »

That expression in the last panel reminds me of Phix.
I still can't get the idea out of my head that Atsali is Phix; and Phix is just giving Kath some knowledge and adventure.
sheik

Post by sheik »

I don't buy the Atsali-is-Phix notion.
Atsali was described as a teenager, but that may just be a developmental age when compared to us naked apes.
If, say, she was actually 150 years old but thought and acted like 15 she could have a huge mass of data socked away in that otherwise vacuous head.
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Jabberwonky wrote:
DilyV wrote:
:lol:
And Minotaur Chow, Werewolf Chow, Titan Chow, Vampire Chow (the kind you soak with hot water)...
Don't forget Werewolf Chow with Cheese.... I remember a supplement to the old Star Trek RPG that had a fake add for a company that re-stocked food replicators: Vulcan Chow, Klingon Chow, Terran Chow, Terran Chow with Cheese....
Their motto: We're Not Beatrice. (Yah gotta think 80's to get this one)
illiad

Post by illiad »

Fairportfan wrote:So Atsali is a bit more sophisticated than we'd been shown before now...
eh, all young uns are like that... they fiddle about with all kinds of stuff.. without worrying whether it is 'forbidden' , 'dangerous', or stuff like that!!! :shock:

oh, and meh, Stargate, portal, Chapa'eye, transporter... pretty much the same thing....
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

sheik wrote:I don't buy the Atsali-is-Phix notion.
Atsali was described as a teenager, but that may just be a developmental age when compared to us naked apes.
If, say, she was actually 150 years old but thought and acted like 15 she could have a huge mass of data socked away in that otherwise vacuous head.
The information came from the library. It acts for it's own reasons. While the Library did sentence Phix to stay in the library after destroying a book I get the feeling it was also partially self imposed. Nowhere has then been anything to say the library doesn't not lie if it has to, or wants to. Clearly it is self aware and has it's own code of ethics we just don't know what that is beyond protecting knowledge.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
illiad

Post by illiad »

zachariah wrote:This shows Brandi's agreement to protect earth does not apply to portals or the library could not operate the gates to earth.
the portals on earth are protected, AFAIK... the main one just looks like a ruined building until you are 'recognised'... :/