Kerplunk Kerplooie 2013-04-04

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Re: Kerplunk Kerplooie 2013-04-04

Post by TheDOCTOR »

Rather than another planet or another time, Perhaps Kath and Atsali - You Lucky Girl (Holy Safety Airbags,Batman!) - have been transported to another Dimension. An Alternate Earth where said Mayans and such Never died out. Hmmm? :ugeek:
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

If it's Oompa-Loompas (who will be around shortly, I see what you did there ;) ), our dynamic duo should give them Becky's business card. There's a match made in heaven...
theDOCTOR wrote:Rather than another planet or another time, Perhaps Kath and Atsali - You Lucky Girl (Holy Safety Airbags,Batman!) - have been transported to another Dimension. An Alternate Earth where said Mayans and such Never died out. Hmmm? :ugeek:
Brandi's 'deal' should all but eliminate dimensional travel. But there's no end to uncharted space deep in the jungles of South America. (and, allegedly, quite a network of seemingly machined tunnels)
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
analyst

Re: Kerplunk Kerplooie 04-04-2013

Post by analyst »

DilyV wrote:
Kath: "Oh my Gawd... it's Mayan....

Atsali: "You own this place? Really? Is that how you knew how to get here?"
I'm TH-Incan the pun police will be visiting you. Deposits two deployed fu... uh, air bags.
RunningBull

Post by RunningBull »

At least they are in a jungle now, which means they should have access to food and water. Of course now you have to worry about snakes and spiders. Also, presuming they are still on earth (I think they are) then the MIB's may still be able to track them down via the cell phone they gave her.
"You're not going crazy! You're going sane in a crazy world!"
- The Tick
sq_rigger

Post by sq_rigger »

Jungles don't automatically provide access to water. In fact, one of the characteristics of the Yucatan is the near-absence of streams or ponds, caused by the extensive ring-fracturing of the underlying limestone bedrock due to the Chicxulub "dinosaur killer" meterorite impact. If they can't find a cenote they could easily die of thirst.
as363

Post by as363 »

RunningBull wrote:At least they are in a jungle now, which means they should have access to food and water. Of course now you have to worry about snakes and spiders. Also, presuming they are still on earth (I think they are) then the MIB's may still be able to track them down via the cell phone they gave her.

Now that was a "Poit" to be proud of. If it were current time-line then the MIB could trace them thru the cellphone . However - if it is a true time-portal things could get real interesting very quickly. The transformation powers that the two explorers posses would give them an upper hand if any of the local inhabitants should try and get violent with them. The bird god/goddess played a large part in the culture - and there was the Large spider on the jar along with the 7 dolls.

And - of course - tomorrow is Friday - which gives Mr. P the perfect lead-in to keep us guessing until Monday by what he puts up tomorrow .
Stigmartyr762

Post by Stigmartyr762 »

I'm guessing our intrepid duo have landed somewhere in Central America or possibly the Yucatan. Lots of old Pyramids round that region.
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Jabberwonky wrote:But there's no end to uncharted space deep in the jungles of South America. (and, allegedly, quite a network of seemingly machined tunnels)
"You are in a maze of dark, twisty passages, all alike."
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Kingmaker wrote:Poor Kath. How is she even able to move still? There is far more to her than meets the eye. A normal person would be doubled over in pain unable to move any longer.
This isn't that much worse, really, than Monica and Jin's little adventures with the volcano and the Giant Sea Urchin. The Girls of Wapsi are tough (even the ones who aren't - theoretically - indestructible).
And Atsali, you would think with a wingspan like that she could have zipped through the portal and stopped herself from falling down those long stairs. Maybe even saved Kath the bruises her bruises have.
Sh had to ditch the wings with split-second timing to dive headfirst through the portal just ahead of the flaming wreckage - it wasn't nearly wide enough for her wingspan.

So she was going pretty fast when she hit Katherine in sort of a (no-longer-) flying tackle...
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Unless it's a satellite phone, and assuming there are no cell towers in range, Katherine and Atsali should be very hard to track down right now. Some ruins are kept cleaned up a bit for the sake of toursts, so there's a small chance the girls are still current, time-wise.
sheik

Post by sheik »

kingklash wrote:Unless it's a satellite phone, and assuming there are no cell towers in range, Katherine and Atsali should be very hard to track down right now. Some ruins are kept cleaned up a bit for the sake of toursts, so there's a small chance the girls are still current, time-wise.
That implies that either the portal is one-way or that it was blocked while the now-collapsed underground dwelling was intact.
I'm thinking it was the latter, and the portal allowed Anasazi/Central American communication up to some point.
It would be intriguing if this is some kind of "pocket universe" that the Library can't access.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

analyst wrote:
DilyV wrote:
Kath: "Oh my Gawd... it's Mayan....

Atsali: "You own this place? Really? Is that how you knew how to get here?"
I'm TH-Incan the pun police will be visiting you. Deposits two deployed fu... uh, air bags.
In that case I'm glad my armband in the army said "MP"... I'd hate being Pun Police... LOL
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Atomic wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote:But there's no end to uncharted space deep in the jungles of South America. (and, allegedly, quite a network of seemingly machined tunnels)
The air smells equally dank and stagnant in each of the passages. You hear the steady drip drip drip of something... in each of the passages. There are no lights at the end of any of them...

hehehe No sense in making it easy!!! It hasn't been so far!!
Last edited by DilyV on Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DilyV

Post by DilyV »

sheik wrote:
kingklash wrote:Unless it's a satellite phone, and assuming there are no cell towers in range, Katherine and Atsali should be very hard to track down right now. Some ruins are kept cleaned up a bit for the sake of toursts, so there's a small chance the girls are still current, time-wise.
That implies that either the portal is one-way or that it was blocked while the now-collapsed underground dwelling was intact.
I'm thinking it was the latter, and the portal allowed Anasazi/Central American communication up to some point.
It would be intriguing if this is some kind of "pocket universe" that the Library can't access.
They have had a bad habit of burning bridges behind them, literally, haven't they?

*tosses a travel brochure for the Royal Gorge Bridge in Colorado into the pun jar*

MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

zachariah wrote:There is also the possibility they are no longer on earth. One of the tribes in the area Kath was in did just disappear leaving little or no trace of where they went. Best guess is they just migrated due to climate changes but in this universe they could have gone elsewhere.
Unless the Vimana Cell Network that Brandi set up has just been taken down - an event that I hope we-the-viewers would have noticed - I'm pretty sure they're still on Earth.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Atomic wrote:
"You are likely to get eaten by a grue."
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

sheik wrote:
Until the Keymaster showed up, anyway.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

I am going to guess that they are in Mexico somewhere near the Mapimi desert.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

No Mayan ruins near the Mapimi Desert. Kinda hard to build stuff where there's not enough raw materials to feed your construction crew.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

My first thought was "That temple looks in pretty good shape. I wonder if they are still in our time?" My second thought was, "I wonder if they will meet The Mayan? http://luciphurrsimps.com/2012/01/01/th ... -part-1-1/
This whole thing is getting very cornfuzzling. Any more room on the Couch?
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced