Cutting It Close 2013-04-03

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
DilyV

Cutting It Close 2013-04-03

Post by DilyV »

Holy crap Atsali!!!!!! Leave yourself a little time to get away will ya!!!!!
Last edited by DilyV on Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
DilyV

Re: Cutting It Close 04-03-2013

Post by DilyV »

Oh, and by the way, Lily? YES!!!!

The big black helicopter crashes into the wall carving, resulting in a large fireball and explosion, totally obliterating the carving and leaving you stranded in the middle of the desert.

To the east, there is desert.

To the south, there is desert.

To the west there is desert.

To the north, you guessed it, more desert.

Your party has minimal gear.

What will you do? What. Will. You. Do?

zachariah

Post by zachariah »

The timing is reasonable but Dang she is not allowing much room between herself and the chopper blades! Once she lets go the collective there is little or no idea which way that chopper is going to move before it crashes.

She's timing it to get to the portal Kathy opened before the chopper impacts. Now we know what the light at the end of the tunnel was.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Great transformation sound effect...
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Stigmartyr762

Post by Stigmartyr762 »

Atsali has impressive acceleration considering how fast an Apache moves.

I love that PA-TING sound effect. LOL!!!

Now to find out where our intrepid duo have gotten to, now that the wall carving/portal has been (?) destroyed.
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

zachariah wrote:The timing is reasonable but Dang she is not allowing much room between herself and the chopper blades! Once she lets go the collective there is little or no idea which way that chopper is going to move before it crashes.

She's timing it to get to the portal Kathy opened before the chopper impacts. Now we know what the light at the end of the tunnel was.
Well, from what I understand, the collective/throttle can be locked, the pedals are usually adjusted to neutral and the cyclic is self centering... still the torque of the rotors is going to affect the directional stability with no input on the anti-torque pedals. Still, all in all I think andy degradation of the flight path will be pretty much negligible... Atsali hung in there till the last possible moment... I just hope she made the doorway...

TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

I hope theres a Force field or something, some type of "Poit" mechanism so our two can get away safe. Or did Kath just open a door to a tunnel?
On another note, maybe I missed it, but why are there no more postings to the Strip from Facebook? Did something happen or someone say something Inappropriate? Just Asking.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

YES! I love the Pa-Ting as she transformed and accellerated away from the chopper. And I totally called it. I don't have the good fortune of doing that very often so I gloat when I can. I will try to not be a bad winner, but I have very little chance to practice being a good winner...
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

Not only has Kath arranged for the chopper to crash into the carving, the resulting fireball will also rain down on what remains of the dig. If she is wrong about reaching a place of safety (she probably is not wrong) she has also killed herself and Atsali. Very unprofessional, Ms. Gilchrist.
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

TheDOCTOR wrote: On another note, maybe I missed it, but why are there no more postings to the Strip from Facebook? Did something happen or someone say something Inappropriate? Just Asking.
Yeah, Pablo had some people who trolled an earlier strip in this arc. I think it was the second shoot-em-up at the Dead Sea dig.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

davids4250 wrote:If she is wrong about reaching a place of safety (she probably is not wrong) she has also killed herself and Atsali. Very unprofessional, Ms. Gilchrist.
Well, if they are dead at least they can still communicate with the Jaguar Girl. ;)
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

davids4250 wrote:Not only has Kath arranged for the chopper to crash into the carving, the resulting fireball will also rain down on what remains of the dig. If she is wrong about reaching a place of safety (she probably is not wrong) she has also killed herself and Atsali. Very unprofessional, Ms. Gilchrist.
It becomes more and more obvious that Katherine's PhD is from the Henry Jones jr School of Make It Up As You Go Along.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

So now ... what? The others think someone else flew the chopper into the pit and Kath and Atsali are dead? Not to mention the hieroglyphics maybe being gone. That's not going to go down well back at HQ. They might not want to report to the Library in person for a while, however, as heads could literally roll/bounce/explode/become faceless. Unless, of course, it's all part of Brandi's master plan. Still, I can't see even Brandi planning all that to occur.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

KnightDelight wrote: Unless, of course, it's all part of Brandi's master plan. Still, I can't see even Brandi planning all that to occur.
No one can see Brandi's planning in things, that is why she is so feared.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

DilyV wrote:Oh, and by the way, Lily? YES!!!!

The big black helicopter crashes into the wall carving, resulting in a large fireball and explosion, totally obliterating the carving and leaving you stranded in the middle of the desert.

No problem, McBride will be arriving shortly.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

Stigmartyr762 wrote:Atsali has impressive acceleration considering how fast an Apache moves.

I love that PA-TING sound effect. LOL!!!

Now to find out where our intrepid duo have gotten to, now that the wall carving/portal has been (?) destroyed.
Perhaps when as well a where?
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
adekii

Post by adekii »

Through all the theatrics the only thing I'm interested in finding out right now is why Katherine thinks she's so much more special than an entire cast of (from what we've been shown) much more powerful characters who've already saved the entire damn world that she wants to keep these dolls a secret. Seriously, despite her fanboys she's nobody right now. If these dolls are now "more dangerous than the calendar machine ever was" then does this mean that the comic has slid into an ever-escalating DBZ pattern? But maybe I'm getting ahead of my fool self.
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

>> I get out my mobile phone and ca..... aw Fiddlesticks :evil:

>> Count the number of NPCs who are wearing red shirts (It's a long walk back to base and I might get thirsty :twisted: )

>> comb the desert for clues
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

adekii wrote:Through all the theatrics the only thing I'm interested in finding out right now is why Katherine thinks she's so much more special than an entire cast of (from what we've been shown) much more powerful characters who've already saved the entire damn world that she wants to keep these dolls a secret. Seriously, despite her fanboys she's nobody right now. If these dolls are now "more dangerous than the calendar machine ever was" then does this mean that the comic has slid into an ever-escalating DBZ pattern? But maybe I'm getting ahead of my fool self.
I get more of the feeling this is because of the adventure plot line of this arc. In many stories a mild mannered person gets caught up in something beyond their imaginings and then has to grow in order to cope with the situation. As the story progresses that person becomes more and more assertive until they are the leader and start acting rather than reacting. Until now Kath has only been reacting to events. This time she acted first. Follows the formula for that genre. Sali is the kid sidekick BTW. lol. Or would she be more the jar-jar binks?

I'll also bet big money we still don't have all the information we need to figure it out yet. Paul is still hiding things from us. If we knew what the images she captured were, or what historical information she has we could probably make the same realization she has. We are still just guess in the dark here.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
eee

Post by eee »

Thank God you're not at risk of being eaten by Grues?