Keep It That Way 2013-04-02

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Atomic

Keep It That Way 2013-04-02

Post by Atomic »

...And giant radioactive rods descended into the ice, releasing atmosphere unto the world...

No, wait -- wrong movie.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
MerchManDan

Re: Keep It That Way 2013-04-02

Post by MerchManDan »

Ooooh boy.

Now, the $64,000 Question(s): Did Kath KNOW that she had to press that impression to activate something, or did it happen by accident? If it was on purpose, how could she have known about it?
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Given who's flying the chopper does the door key mean the opposite of the Vulcan symbol?
Don't Live Long and Prosper?
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Atomic wrote:...And giant radioactive rods descended into the ice, releasing atmosphere unto the world...

No, wait -- wrong movie.
OMG I watched that on Sunday!!!! LOL

Looks like Atsali has a tiger by the tail... I can see her playing mixmaster and "wiping out the cockpit..." A squid pilot would get that last remark!!! Right about now, Atsali is giving the controls a MAJOR workout.... I only hope the little birdbrain survives this...

P.S. You got me by like 30 seconds!!! LOL
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Stigmartyr762

Post by Stigmartyr762 »

I knew there had to a doorway/portal of some sort hidden in there, the moment Katherine mentioned what looks like star charts in there.
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

MerchManDan wrote:Ooooh boy.

Now, the $64,000 Question(s): Did Kath KNOW that she had to press that impression to activate something, or did it happen by accident? If it was on purpose, how could she have known about it?
Looks pretty deliberate to me. She's timing when to put her hand into the anti-vulcan slot. Hand raised and pausing for just the right moment. Having Sali aiming at the opening, etc.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
themadkansan

Post by themadkansan »

...I must be defective - my index finger is longer than my ring-finger...
sonicthunder

Post by sonicthunder »

Looks like Kat did learn a thing or two about the masquerade/supernatural/whatever while doing all that research for Monica (that was never really used or shown, according to Kat). Having an intellect among the cast capable of keeping pace with Bud or Shelly yet not directly molded by the supernatural community (and more stable than Jin & May) could be quite a boon for Monica and company.

Nice way to keep Kat relevant without giving in to all the power-creep mumbo jumbo.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Atsali's Soundtrack in the first panel...

Check out the Apache at the very end of the video... I think Atsail is at the controls.... hehehehehe ENJOY!!!

shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Atomic wrote:...And giant radioactive rods descended into the ice, releasing atmosphere unto the world...

No, wait -- wrong movie.
There does seem to be an Arnold Schwarzenegger theme going here considering first she told Atsali to get to da choppa.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

I'm glad I wasn't the only one to notice the glowing hand-receptacle thingy that Kat was putting her hand over. Something's up and we are out of the loop at the moment. Darn you Pablo Wapsi! :D :shock:
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
eee

Post by eee »

sonicthunder wrote:Looks like Kat did learn a thing or two about the masquerade/supernatural/whatever while doing all that research for Monica (that was never really used or shown, according to Kat). Having an intellect among the cast capable of keeping pace with Bud or Shelly yet not directly molded by the supernatural community (and more stable than Jin & May) could be quite a boon for Monica and company.

Nice way to keep Kat relevant without giving in to all the power-creep mumbo jumbo.
It's also possible everything's written down in the upside down triangle alcove, in addition to star charts and what not, and Kath was able to read it. That would explain why she wants Atsali to destroy or at least bury the alcove, to keep the MiB from being able to learn what she now knows.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

eee wrote:
sonicthunder wrote:Looks like Kat did learn a thing or two about the masquerade/supernatural/whatever while doing all that research for Monica (that was never really used or shown, according to Kat). Having an intellect among the cast capable of keeping pace with Bud or Shelly yet not directly molded by the supernatural community (and more stable than Jin & May) could be quite a boon for Monica and company.

It's also possible everything's written down in the upside down triangle alcove, in addition to star charts and what not, and Kath was able to read it. That would explain why she wants Atsali to destroy or at least bury the alcove, to keep the MiB from being able to learn what she now knows.
Boy, do we have options here....

1. This is a dream sequence. Kat wanted some adventure, surfed the web, and got to dreaming something fierce.

2. Kat's PTSD had her on edge, and the Goonies/Loony Tunes Library exit and rocket launch pushed her way over the edge. She's in psychotic fugue right now, seeing herself and acting as a calm, knowledgable, and competent field researcher.

3. Secret Agent K, mild mannered operative for Unknown Agency, has spent years quietly researching the supernatural by tracking a known sensitive, Monica Villareal. As hoped for, M shared her knowledge with Agent K, and gained access to the mother lode of information, the Library. Trading on the Library's trust of Monica (and by extension, sleeper Agent K), she can gain access to carry out her mission. She must lose the MIB before they realize who/what she is.

4. Your guess is as good as mine. Involves aliens, oatmeal, and mango juice. And rubber pants, if we can find them at this hour.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

If it's written down, in the alcove or elsewhere, the Library already has a copy. So how does Katherine know what she knows?
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

Clearly the alcove holds no written account, just an audio recording.

... or did we already do that?
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Wyvern wrote:If it's written down, in the alcove or elsewhere, the Library already has a copy. So how does Katherine know what she knows?

That is why she is wondering why the Library does not know about it. That must mean that the info in the alcove is hidden from the Library and she is keeping it that way until she figures out why just in case the reason is justified. With all that she has been through it makes sense that she would question the Library's need to know something that must be purposefully shielded from it.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
RunningBull

Post by RunningBull »

Mark N wrote:
Wyvern wrote:If it's written down, in the alcove or elsewhere, the Library already has a copy. So how does Katherine know what she knows?

That is why she is wondering why the Library does not know about it. That must mean that the info in the alcove is hidden from the Library and she is keeping it that way until she figures out why just in case the reason is justified. With all that she has been through it makes sense that she would question the Library's need to know something that must be purposefully shielded from it.
That is a very good point. Never occurred to me that there could be something written down that wouldn't be in the library. After what they went through with the mine I would be very wary of any helping hands so soon.
"You're not going crazy! You're going sane in a crazy world!"
- The Tick
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

The two guys in the foreground of the group look suspiciously like twins.

Anyway, It would appear Kath has doubts about the seemingly benevolent character of the Library. If knowledge was withheld, there must be a reason. It could be sinister, but she doesn't know if it is as yet. I think her experiences have led her to a distrust of everyone and that extends to the library.

So, will she open a door to an escape route or a portal to another place/dimension/reality/Pizza Hut? Maybe a kind of poit mechanism to send here wherever she wishes to go, like home (without even having to click her heels together)? If Atsali is going to crash into the area she HAS to go somewhere. She must have an awful lot of faith in her translation abilities AND that what she read is telling the truth, and not some sort of fable, to risk her life on it. Or ... is this something she has used before? Like to escape the killers from the dig? I doubt even the shadow (Tsillah) knows. Just to be sure, I've spoken to my shadow on the subject but he remains silent.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
sheik

Post by sheik »

DilyV wrote:Atsali's Soundtrack in the first panel...

Check out the Apache at the very end of the video... I think Atsail is at the controls.... hehehehehe ENJOY!!!
Makes me kinda homesick.
A lot of that footage is from Ft. Hood Texas, a place where I spent 9 months RA and many a two weeks summer camp in the National Guard.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

sheik wrote:
DilyV wrote:Atsali's Soundtrack in the first panel...

Makes me kinda homesick.
A lot of that footage is from Ft. Hood Texas, a place where I spent 9 months RA and many a two weeks summer camp in the National Guard.
Nods.. 20 months the first time and my last eight months in the Army the second... Used to love prowling the strip out on 190 looking for good places to eat