Do the Decoy 2013-03-28

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Jabberwonky

Do the Decoy 2013-03-28

Post by Jabberwonky »

You don't have to get inside to throw bolts into the turbine...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Boxilar

Re: Do the Decoy 2013-03-28

Post by Boxilar »

Jabberwonky wrote:You don't have to get inside to throw bolts into the turbine...
Either Kate's plan is more elaborate than simply disabling the helo, or she's simply giving Atsali something to do. My bet is the former. Katherine just didn't consider that Atsali would be confused by latches on the canopy marked "open".
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

I wonder if Sali is being dense on purpose. Hello. DOOR is open. Just climb inside.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Boxilar wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote:You don't have to get inside to throw bolts into the turbine...
Either Kate's plan is more elaborate than simply disabling the helo, or she's simply giving Atsali something to do. My bet is the former. Katherine just didn't consider that Atsali would be confused by latches on the canopy marked "open".
Hint: Best way to disable the copter. Take rock. Go to pilot seat. Smash all the instruments you see. As you leave toss rock into air intake for engine. Job done.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

Even better:
-Clean Turbine
-Forget flushing-out of cleaning agent (véry important step)
-spin-up turbine
-switch on ignition
-open fuel-valve

VA-BOOOM!!!

Don't ask.. :lol:
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

Boxilar wrote:Katherine just didn't consider that Atsali would be confused by latches on the canopy marked "open".

She's an archeologist, not tech support.
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

In the 1st frame it looks like Atsali has a couple holes torn in her top for the wings to go through. Makes sense, unless she has a magic wardrobe.

In the 3rd frame it looks like Atsali is trailing a rope. I expect Kathryn is busy climbing it as we speak.

OK, Atasli is suppose to get into the Apache, probably to try to disable it. Please tell me that Kathryn is NOT going to steal the Blackhawk, that girl has to have some limits!
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
illiad

Post by illiad »

My2Cents: you have noticed the *title* havent you??? while atsali is doin her ditzy thing, all eyes on her... meanwhile kath does the stuff!! :D
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

zachariah wrote:Hint: Best way to disable the copter. Take rock. Go to pilot seat. Smash all the instruments you see. As you leave toss rock into air intake for engine. Job done.
It will have to be a big rock, even though Atsali has to be stronger than she looks to fly, that panel is tough. The air intakes probably have the dust filters in place.

As for getting into the chopper, It is big enough that all the signs that Atsali needs to see showing her the latches are above her head and hard to see unless she steps back from the aircraft and into the open. And even then difficult to spot surrounded by all the gaudy "No Step" warnings.

To disable the helicopter I would suggest that she loop the rope a couple times around the main and tail rotors and tie it. Won’t stop them for long, but probably enough. Alternatively she could take a dump on the pilots seat. Think about it, he runs to start the chopper, opens the hatch, and is jumping in just as the odor hits him. Bet its a hot day, too.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

My2Cents wrote:To disable the helicopter I would suggest that she loop the rope a couple times around the main and tail rotors and tie it. Won’t stop them for long, but probably enough. Alternatively she could take a dump on the pilots seat. Think about it, he runs to start the chopper, opens the hatch, and is jumping in just as the odor hits him. Bet its a hot day, too.
But that's giving a man with a GAU-8 a reason to really, really dislike you...
:P
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Folks. Take a close look at panel four. The helicopters door is open behind her. Getting in is not a problem, except for Sali it appears.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

I'm tellin' y'all, it's a sabotage.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

<gollum>I hates helicopterziz! I hates them!</gollum>
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
as363

Post by as363 »

Don't forget - this is just a lead-in to FRIDAY - more strange things have happened on that day then any other. Just saying..
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

shadowinthelight wrote:I'm tellin' y'all, it's a sabotage.
Can't be - she's not wearing wooden shoes.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Fairportfan wrote:
shadowinthelight wrote:I'm tellin' y'all, it's a sabotage.
Can't be - she's not wearing wooden shoes.
Win, right 'chere.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Jay-Em wrote:Even better:
-Clean Turbine
-Forget flushing-out of cleaning agent (véry important step)
-spin-up turbine
-switch on ignition
-open fuel-valve

VA-BOOOM!!!

Don't ask.. :lol:
Sooooo... you crisped an engine... I bet that was costly...
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Jabberwonky wrote:
My2Cents wrote:To disable the helicopter I would suggest that she loop the rope a couple times around the main and tail rotors and tie it. Won’t stop them for long, but probably enough. Alternatively she could take a dump on the pilots seat. Think about it, he runs to start the chopper, opens the hatch, and is jumping in just as the odor hits him. Bet its a hot day, too.
But that's giving a man with a GAU-8 a reason to really, really dislike you...
:P
GAU-8 is the A-10... The Apache is armed with the M230 Chann Gun. Single Single Barrel, and sighted by the IHDSS (the helmet with the little monocular thingie).

KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

Could it be Kath is about to steal away while Atsali provides a diversion? And I mean leave Atsali behind to boot so as to protect her from further harm? Not telling her how to get in the copter may be a clue she didn't actually want her to do any real damage, just keep them busy while she fumbles about trying to get in. At least Atsali could tie the rope to the landing rails to slow them down some.

OTOH, if Kath climbs out, can she get down from that rock (or mesa or whatever it is) without Atsali to fly her? Has she found another way out after all? Only one more comic to go, the dreaded cliffhanger Friday so something iffy should happen.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Atomic wrote:<gollum>I hates helicopterziz! I hates them!</gollum>
<Kath>Ugly, fat, noisy, well armed, tricksey helicopterziz</Kath> LOL
Last edited by DilyV on Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.