Get These Pix 2013-03-22

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
shadowinthelight

Re: Get These Pix 2013-03-22

Post by shadowinthelight »

kingklash wrote:Well, how does "Sally Gilchrist" sound to you guys? We got ourselves a baby bird who may just have locked onto a mother figure.
"Yeah, uh, she's my cousin from out of town who will be staying with me."
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
sheik

Post by sheik »

zachariah wrote:
shadowinthelight wrote:Katherine is smart to not trust them right away. I do predict a facepalm after she learns how they are connected to Monica after her escape (attempt?).
I can't see that face palm at all. The only way they are connected to Monica is that Brandi is in charge of MIB. This is looking more like it was the library that put this in motion. After all Lily and Pratt were assigned to work in the library. That let the library treat them as one of its resources.

Maybe the library set this up to give Kathy and Sali an adventure. To be really paranoid maybe the library set this up to get the two of them together. It would have sensed the need in both to not be alone and paired them up. The Aunt Cat bit from yesterday may not be as far fetched as we might think.

The library is a lot smarted than we think. We tend to think of it as a place to hold books but it is more than that. It has a mind of it's own and will act by itself. Good example is making Phix and Nudge co-librarians. It just doesn't do thing very often so we tend to for get it too is a player.
This speculation on the nature of the Library's intelligence now has me wondering if the Library is engaged in a form of social integration education for the Mythicals, especially those who lack personal attention like the orphans.
By pairing off Kathrine and Atsali, Kathrine gets insights into the Mythical Community and Atsali gets an up-close and personal interaction, perhaps even a bonding, with one of the more mundane members of society along with the usual boring lessons about not scaring the bejezus out of the unenlightened.
RunningBull

Post by RunningBull »

Atomic wrote:We still don't know what Quest Pratt & McBride have been set upon, which overlaps with what Kat is doing!
Yeah I noticed that Kat didn't ask them why they wanted to investigate. I think I would want to know.
"You're not going crazy! You're going sane in a crazy world!"
- The Tick
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

The word "Partner" is probably the sweetest thing Atsali could hear, which is why she sheds a tear. :cry:
And what would be wrong with introducing her to people as Atsali? People give their children all sorts of..."unique" names, and I'm not refering to Dweezil Zappa. Its just Atsali is a beautiful name and there should be no reason to shorten it to Sally....which is also a beautiful name.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Fairportfan wrote:Well, and Monica took the hit meant for Lily and Suzi...
Yeah... Monica's face... Phix's Palm...

:twisted:
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

DilyV wrote:

Monica's body and a 350 dollar bra ruined!!!! Just RUINED!!!!!
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

RunningBull wrote:
Atomic wrote:We still don't know what Quest Pratt & McBride have been set upon, which overlaps with what Kat is doing!
Yeah I noticed that Kat didn't ask them why they wanted to investigate. I think I would want to know.
Only if she intended to cooperate with them. Her reference to the suits was not a nice one. A suit is a non-entity who insists on interfering with things they know nothing about yet they want to tell you how to do things. Professionals hate these types with a passion. They put up with suits because that is where the money comes from. So Kathy smiled, made nice, and then dismissed them from her plans. She knows she can't just tell them to F*** Off so she is planning to accidentally on purpose misplace them. After all what they don't know won't hurt her.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

I believe I have found an image of Atsali's deceased mother. Or maybe just a strange relative.
Dear old mumsy
Dear old mumsy
Atsalis_Mom.jpg (187.65 KiB) Viewed 7773 times
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

KnightDelight wrote:I believe I have found an image of Atsali's deceased mother. Or maybe just a strange relative.

EDIT: Image
She appears to be quite the heart-breaker...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Speaking of heartbreakers... look at Atsali closely in both panels... In Panel one, her eyes are brimming with tears, wide-eyed, afraid to blink for fear she'll shed them, hunched over, and bundled into herself in a defensive posture as if she's waiting for the other shoe to fall...

Panel two, her eyes are closed, her posture more relaxed and tears are flowing freely after Kath's show of compassion.

If that's not heart breaking, I don't know what is. =**(
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

TheDOCTOR wrote:The word "Partner" is probably the sweetest thing Atsali could hear, which is why she sheds a tear. :cry:
And what would be wrong with introducing her to people as Atsali? People give their children all sorts of..."unique" names, and I'm not refering to Dweezil Zappa. Its just Atsali is a beautiful name and there should be no reason to shorten it to Sally....which is also a beautiful name.
Well, her new Human friends would most likely call her "Sally" for short, anyway, if she starts interacting with the world at large, and starts going to regular, mundane schools, as an "exchange student."

Not like if her name was McGill, and she called herself "Lil", when everyone knew her as "Nancy."
illiad

Post by illiad »

zachariah wrote:
DilyV wrote:

Monica's body and a 350 dollar bra ruined!!!! Just RUINED!!!!!
ahem, not just ruined, disintegrated beyond all hope of recovery.... unless phix knows some kind of magic??? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Jabberwonky wrote:
KnightDelight wrote:I believe I have found an image of Atsali's deceased mother. Or maybe just a strange relative.

EDIT: Image
She appears to be quite the heart-breaker...
Heartbreaker, huh?

(Cassandra really sells Diva's baby-blues in that one...)
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Gee, I miss Diva.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

jwhouk wrote:Gee, I miss Diva.
Whattaya mean - "miss Diva"?

You mean you didn't know it's been running again, Tuesday and Thursday, for several weeks?

Another new artist - not Cassandra. Thursday is a story page, Tuesday is another page from Diva's mom's diary.

Issue 11 starts here.

Cassandra, meanwhile, is drawing Magick Chicks and Dangerously Chloe.

D"ruther she was doing Diva.

You can order the full run through Issue 10 in dead-tree form.

And there's gonna be a "Young Diva" prequel dead-tree comic, as well.

The comics shop listed here are known to be carrying the Diva merch.

Meanwhile:

Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

That Cassandra? I think I got an entry in the tattoo contest from her.

I have gotten LOTS of entries to the tattoo contest, so keeping them straight is starting to become a chore. I think I will have to move them all to a separate folder with each entry in a sub-Folder with the artist's name on the folder. :ugeek:

I don't have OCD, I have CDO with the letters in alphabetical order AS THEY SHOULD BE!
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
RunningBull

Post by RunningBull »

I don't see how they could lose the MIB with choppers and all. I'm not sure I would want to, I mean they are a mess, and they've got to be hungry. Plus the MIB already know that the other part of the mystery is in the Mapimi silent zone.
"You're not going crazy! You're going sane in a crazy world!"
- The Tick
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

RunningBull wrote:I don't see how they could lose the MIB with choppers and all. I'm not sure I would want to, I mean they are a mess, and they've got to be hungry. Plus the MIB already know that the other part of the mystery is in the Mapimi silent zone.
Sali will be the key to getting MIB out of their hair. A little use of her song can beguile them into following a false trail and losing them. That big hole in the ground is what led MIB to them in the first place. Once away from that MIB will have a difficult time finding them. As to supplies, Paul will provide.
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

sheik wrote:This speculation on the nature of the Library's intelligence now has me wondering if the Library is engaged in a form of social integration education for the Mythicals, especially those who lack personal attention like the orphans.
By pairing off Kathrine and Atsali, Kathrine gets insights into the Mythical Community and Atsali gets an up-close and personal interaction, perhaps even a bonding, with one of the more mundane members of society along with the usual boring lessons about not scaring the bejezus out of the unenlightened.
That ....sounds véry plausible.

What is glaringly obvious though, is that The Library is suddenly upping the ante afa setting things in motion, and is fár more pivotal in the Wapsiverse than previously thought..
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
Julie

Post by Julie »

kingklash wrote:
TheDOCTOR wrote:The word "Partner" is probably the sweetest thing Atsali could hear, which is why she sheds a tear. :cry:
Well, her new Human friends would most likely call her "Sally" for short, anyway, if she starts interacting with the world at large, and starts going to regular, mundane schools, as an "exchange student."

Not like if her name was McGill, and she called herself "Lil", when everyone knew her as "Nancy."
kingklash, you earned a hug for that reference! :) *mega-hug!!* My husband hates that particular song, but it has always amused me. :)
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."