Once A Month 2013-03-20

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Fairportfan

Re: Once A Month 2013-03-20

Post by Fairportfan »

Wyvern wrote:I've heard the Jimmy Carter story, too, and from an Air Force brat. (Not that a helicopter would arrive in one minute, of course, but that there was an evacuation plan to get him out of the White House before a Russian missile came down through the roof.) Google does not offer me any confirmation, alas, but I can certainly believe him holding a surprise live-fire test on the system. Does the Navy version also say that Marine One did not show up quickly?
The version i heard doesn't say anything about what happened after Jimmy said it.

One assumes there was some weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth, though...
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

Fairportfan wrote:The version i heard doesn't say anything about what happened after Jimmy said it. One assumes there was some weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth, though...

Yes; supposedly the new president decided to try it...and no helicopter was actually ready, and he did not get out of Washington DC in less time than an ICBM would have taken to arrive. I expect the Secret Service had opinions on this and shared them with the Marine Corps.
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Wyvern wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:The version i heard doesn't say anything about what happened after Jimmy said it. One assumes there was some weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth, though...
Yes; supposedly the new president decided to try it...and no helicopter was actually ready, and he did not get out of Washington DC in less time than an ICBM would have taken to arrive. I expect the Secret Service had opinions on this and shared them with the Marine Corps.
...and sailors everywhere fell about laughing themselves sick.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber