Once A Month 2013-03-20

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Jabberwonky

Once A Month 2013-03-20

Post by Jabberwonky »

Phix's monthly visitor? :shock:
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Mark N

Re: Once A Month 3013-03-20

Post by Mark N »

Jabberwonky wrote:Phix's monthly visitor? :shock:
Ok you need a little help my friend. You also owe me a drink (Mine is on my keyboard) :roll:
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Mark N

Re: Once A Month 2013-03-20

Post by Mark N »

OK, who is the smart a... I mean genius that first came up with the idea of Atsali being an orphan and in need of a mother?
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Someone is feeding Kathy a line here. Why is she the scout for a mission on an agency she has never heard about before? She set out to find the dolls on her own without consulting anyone. Now they make it sound like she's apart of the team. Now is the time to say now thank you or get the heck out of there in a hurry. She's being set up for something.

This is being run from the library as well. Does this mean Phix or nudge have their little fingers involved? Be afraid Kath, be very afraid.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Aaaand, The Library has a vehicle annex...
Mark N wrote:Ok you need a little help my friend. You also owe me a drink (Mine is on my keyboard) :roll:
Any male that has spent time with a female is acutely aware of monthly visitors... :P
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

"It's OK, she ain't got nobody" :lol:
Good thing her name isn't Flo.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

shadowinthelight wrote:"It's OK, she ain't got nobody" :lol:
Now my drink is on the keyboard.
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

zachariah wrote:Someone is feeding Kathy a line here. Why is she the scout for a mission on an agency she has never heard about before?
EDIT:
Verbiage
Just because you haven't heard of MIB doesn't mean they haven't heard of you...
illiad

Post by illiad »

Jabberwonky wrote:Aaaand, The Library has a vehicle annex...
Mark N wrote:Ok you need a little help my friend. You also owe me a drink (Mine is on my keyboard) :roll:
Any male that has spent time with a female is acutely aware of monthly visitors... :P
... and if you are VERY lucky, your GF will have NO problems with it.... :)

{{make sure your keyboard, etc is out of the way!!!!! }

her nickname for me was 'rudolph'... think about it!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
sheik

Post by sheik »

illiad wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote:Aaaand, The Library has a vehicle annex...
... and if you are VERY lucky, your GF will have NO problems with it.... :)

{{make sure your keyboard, etc is out of the way!!!!! }

her nickname for me was 'rudolph'... think about it!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
groan
illiad

Post by illiad »

sheik wrote: ....
groan
well it was 30 yrs ago.... :/

Oh, Paul, *please* avoid such titles, it seems to bring out the worst in people... "a mission" would have been better..

getting back to the story, I guessed the library knew, so got the copters scrambled to the right location.... :|
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

illiad wrote:
sheik wrote: ....
groan
well it was 30 yrs ago.... :/

Oh, Paul, *please* avoid such titles, it seems to bring out the worst in people... "a mission" would have been better..

getting back to the story, I guessed the library knew, so got the copters scrambled to the right location.... :|
It started almost 48 years ago, so you're a little behind the curve here. ;)
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Jabberwonky wrote:
zachariah wrote:Someone is feeding Kathy a line here. Why is she the scout for a mission of an agency she has never heard about before?
EDIT:
Verbiage
Doesn't matter. The fact they are trying to make her think she is part of their mission is the problem. How did they know of Kathy's choice to go looking? We're past the cycle end so either there is a note of some kind, or they have an oracle talking to them, or they have big brother watching everyone. But even if they do how would Kathy know that? She wouldn't. So strange lady, who's she never seen before, choppers in and swings down to offer help. Then says Kathy was sent as a scout for them and now they are there to complete the mission. Plus the last person to look for them disappeared. As far as Kathy knew she had told no one where she was going either. If she isn't worried about that she should be. After all if it looks too good to be true it probably isn't. That's my point. Don't trust them an inch.

Kathy gets points for trying to foist Atsi off on to MIB. With any luck she would ruin the MIB plans as badly as she has Kathy's. But MIB didn't fall for it. Darn.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
chicgeek

Post by chicgeek »

MIB: "Ma'am? We're here from the Library."
Kath: "Wow, you guys are serious about overdue fines, aren't you?"
eee

Post by eee »

An orphan? That's kind of sad, actually. No wonder she's sort of wild. And clinging to Kath.
zachariah wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote:
zachariah wrote:Someone is feeding Kathy a line here. Why is she the scout for a mission of an agency she has never heard about before?
EDIT:
Verbiage
Doesn't matter. The fact they are trying to make her think she is part of their mission is the problem. How did they know of Kathy's choice to go looking? We're past the cycle end so either there is a note of some kind, or they have an oracle talking to them, or they have big brother watching everyone. But even if they do how would Kathy know that? She wouldn't. So strange lady, who's she never seen before, choppers in and swings down to offer help. Then says Kathy was sent as a scout for them and now they are there to complete the mission. Plus the last person to look for them disappeared. As far as Kathy knew she had told no one where she was going either. If she isn't worried about that she should be. After all if it looks too good to be true it probably isn't. That's my point. Don't trust them an inch.

Kathy gets points for trying to foist Atsi off on to MIB. With any luck she would ruin the MIB plans as badly as she has Kathy's. But MIB didn't fall for it. Darn.
It might be that the Library heard Kath and Atsali talking when they first met, thought "Holy CATS, this woman is going to go where no one has dared to go for years! What an excellent chance to check out Mesa Verde and see what's there!" and scrambled the MiB copters to go there and, when they arrived, see if she and Atsali had survived their initial entry and had found out anything of value. In this case Kath WOULD be a scout for their mission, but an involuntary and unknowing one.

I think Kath was more trying to get Atsali out of danger than out of her hair. Now that Birdie's going along with the mission there's a chance she'll continue to mess things up for everyone instead of just Kath. :|
illiad

Post by illiad »

Jabberwonky wrote:
It started almost 48 years ago, so you're a little behind the curve here. ;)

the original was actually 1939, that the above tv special was based upon... (same source)

In case you dont get it , her nickname for me was 'rudolph' - I was her red-nosed boy!... No?? :roll: just add 30, minus 1900, to the above date... :ugeek:
Aleister Crow

Post by Aleister Crow »

I'm sure it's not the way the conversation was intended to sound, but it's the way my mind works-

L- "She'll have to come with us."
K- "But this is very dangerous."
L- "Don't worry, she's an orphan!"
Whoever coined the phrase "more fun than a barrel of monkeys" obviously never spent an afternoon cramming the little buggers into one.
Wdot

Post by Wdot »

Wow. An orphan, huh? That makes this scene http://wapsisquare.com/comic/see-a-light/ even more horrible. Atsali is screaming for someone who'll never come help her. :( Atsali is a nice kid who means well, and you always need someone like her on an adventure. She is the one who by being clumsy or naive finds the stuff that is being quested for by accident. Orphans are a desirable commodity, after all. The Pony Express specifically wanted them... so give the kid a break, huh?
Make the wrong things difficult, and the right things easy. Notice the smallest change and the slightest try and reward him.
----Ray Hunt
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

shadowinthelight wrote:"It's OK, she ain't got nobody" :lol:
Why do I get the feeling that Atsali is greek for "Flo"? :twisted:

Poor Kath really has no luck at all...
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

So when this storyline is complete I suppose we will see Katherine introduceing her "Neice" Atsali to folks, and, of course, Atsali will call her "Aunt" Katherine. 8-) Ah, I like that. And the first thing Atsali can do is buy her 'Aunt' a Bathrobe. :lol: