Keep Quiet 2013-03-19

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
davids4250

Re: Keep Quiet 2013-03-19

Post by davids4250 »

OldDawg wrote: I thought the adventurers were going to Mesa Verde (or close by) but I don't remember any definite signs that they actually went there.

Paul has said that they are near Mesa Verde.

Given that what has taken us a couple of weeks to observe actually took a very short time to happen, from the time Kath met Atsali in the Library to now, I'm a little cornfuzzled about how Brandi (or anyone) could have set it all up. The only way I can see is if Atsali herself is some sort of agent who has guided Kath through all of this. And even then, it is a huge assumption that they would survive the mine explosion and being launched through the air to crash in the exact right spot. They were almost killed as it was (at least Kath was). Very shaky planning on Brandi's part, if it was her.
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

sheik wrote:I think the coincidence isn't.
Brandi may have, in an earlier life, discovered Kathrine's affinity for this place and knew she would wind up somewhere around here when she disappeared from the library.
Even the wild coincidences of the mine/cannon and the utter collapse of the underground complex may have been played through many times.
Maybe Kat's supernatural talent is for catastrophic archeology rather than turning into a spider or something.
Nope - this is the first time this happened.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

sheik wrote:But we know that Brandi left herself notes that were preserved by the Library.
Yes, she did, but she could not have left notes about this stuff with Kath and Atsali because, as I mentioned, this is the first time it has occurred.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

Ehh.. Apaches have winches?? Or did they send a flight group with a blackhawk or a Chinook, covered by an Apache.

Given the ruckus, a Chinook wouldn't be too improbable. Apaches have the scanner-suites, Chinooks (or blackhawks) have the passenger/equipment hauling. It's the way I would choose if the search for people and -more often than not- dangerous artifacts was the goal.
(Lived near a military base in my youth.. Daaaamm...Chinooks are lóud)

Well, never mind. The MIB are here to "assist", I wonder what they are going to find now they will probably have some réal research apparatus available, like ultrasonic scanners, ground radar, remote sensing sattelite feeds, and whatever exotic things modern archeology uses.

And, yes, i agree with other posters. There's a distinct whiff of Brandi here (Patchouly, very, vèry light touches of vanillin, a pince of sandalwood, all of it very subtle, lightened by a shade of citrus. She doesn't seem the type for heavy smells... Ehh.. :oops: wait.. Got carried away there)
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
Bud_Fanboi

Post by Bud_Fanboi »

Doesn't necessarily have to be another transport chopper, she's maybe being dropped off?

starkruzr

Post by starkruzr »

I think they landed the chopper outside and rappelled down.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

sheik wrote:I think the coincidence isn't.
Brandi may have, in an earlier life, discovered Kathrine's affinity for this place and knew she would wind up somewhere around here when she disappeared from the library.
Even the wild coincidences of the mine/cannon and the utter collapse of the underground complex may have been played through many times.
Maybe Kat's supernatural talent is for catastrophic archeology rather than turning into a spider or something.
As has already been pointed out - no. Reset was 3 months ago.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
illiad

Post by illiad »

davids4250 wrote:
OldDawg wrote: I thought the adventurers were going to Mesa Verde (or close by) but I don't remember any definite signs that they actually went there.

Paul has said that they are near Mesa Verde.

Given that what has taken us a couple of weeks to observe actually took a very short time to happen, from the time Kath met Atsali in the Library to now, I'm a little cornfuzzled about how Brandi (or anyone) could have set it all up. The only way I can see is if Atsali herself is some sort of agent who has guided Kath through all of this. And even then, it is a huge assumption that they would survive the mine explosion and being launched through the air to crash in the exact right spot. They were almost killed as it was (at least Kath was). Very shaky planning on Brandi's part, if it was her.
weeeellll, I guess it is atsalis's guardian called the alarm, they saw what portal was used, and the copter base being nearby, just a quick phone call to scramble a copter, just follow the big explosion, and find the huuuuuge hole..... :D
Julie

Post by Julie »

Jay-Em wrote:Ehh.. Apaches have winches??
Are you calling Pratt a working girl?? :P
Mark N wrote:I still smell Brandi in this recipe. :evil:
I like recipes with brandy in them...they usually smell super tasty! :P

And now for the serious stuff...I'm kind of sad that the dynamic duo now are part of a group, but it's good to see our vamps again! That means (hopefully) that we're about to get more information about what the heck is going on here. :D
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Bud_Fanboi wrote:Doesn't necessarily have to be another transport chopper, she's maybe being dropped off?
EDIT:Image of Awsomeness
Yeah, dropping off would be much too easy from that position...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

We're here to rescue you. "Come Onnnnn! Get in Da CHOPPA!"
Ya know when this is over and the the girls are all resting on the new beach (I said NEW not nude) Lily and Suzie deserve some Makeovers, at least some makeup advice.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

shadowinthelight wrote:
zachariah wrote:I smell Phix myself.
Now you have me wondering what a sphinx smells like. :shock:
In the rain like a wet dog crossed with a wet chicken.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

zachariah wrote:
shadowinthelight wrote:
In the rain like a wet dog crossed with a wet chicken.
EEEEEEeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

shadowinthelight wrote:
Warm bread, worn leather, and lavender.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

My2Cents wrote:
DilyV wrote:I can imagine Atsali is secretly saying her oh noes over and over under her breath. Phix is not going to be amused.
I doubt Phix will 'do' anything to Atsali. Like any good librarian she has contacted Atsali’s mother.

Which is of course why Atsali is saying her oh noes over and over under her breath. She is going to have to face her angry harpy MOTHER, waiting with Phix for her return.
Nothing like having your wings pinned back and jesses on your feet to keep you from getting too far from home... LOL
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

shadowinthelight wrote:
I imagine like this or this. Be very careful...that place is as addictive as ThinkGeek.
Jay-Em wrote:And, yes, i agree with other posters. There's a distinct whiff of Brandi here (Patchouly, very, vèry light touches of vanillin, a pince of sandalwood, all of it very subtle, lightened by a shade of citrus. She doesn't seem the type for heavy smells... Ehh.. :oops: wait.. Got carried away there)
Oh, you mean this and this paired together. Smells real good together. I rather pictured her wearing this
Last edited by DinkyInky on Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Atomic wrote:
shadowinthelight wrote:
Warm bread, worn leather, and lavender.
Oh, like this and this maybe?
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Maybe not a 'copter, but a very large dragon, sphinx, or bat with a Glamour spell active.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Bud_Fanboi wrote:Doesn't necessarily have to be another transport chopper, she's maybe being dropped off?

That picture bothers me - it appears that he's sitting directly in front of the air intake for a big honkin' turbine engine.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

By the way, I forgot to say that early Sunday morning, I dreamed I was watching Wapsi Square: The Animated Series. The part I remember watching was Monica at some marketplace stall, holding handmade action figures of herself and Shelly, asking if there were any more, and the shopkeeper hadn't noticed who was talking yet. That's all I can recall. I do have a vague sense that the shopkeeper was going to totally freak out once he looked up.