Just Like That 2012-03-14

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Fairportfan

Just Like That 2012-03-14

Post by Fairportfan »

I think we both deleted our threads...

=======

Oh, yeah.

Atsali has grown.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
zachariah

Re: Just Like That 2012-03-14

Post by zachariah »

Looks like it. At least it shows we both are polite. lol.

Her Podiatrist must have nightmares when she makes an appointment.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

I am repressing a severe urge to suggest Link use the Tri-Force....
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Maybe a little like Mission Impossible, but unlike Tom Cruise, Katherine isn't a couch hopping lunatic.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Dave

Post by Dave »

After all that Katherine has been through with Atsali ...

... and now, looking at Atsali's claws clutching Katherine's torso and carrying her entire weight ...

... I am reminded of what Marcus said to Neroon. "The next time you want a revelation, do you think you could possibly find a way that isn't quite so uncomfortable?"

Katherine certainly is dedicated to solving this mystery! Most people would have thrown in the towel several major injuries ago.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

I guess I was wrong... the past few days of panels have been quite confusing as to exactly how atsali fell below Kath, how she got back above Kath to swoop down and grab her before she splatted on the bottom of the abyss, how far Kath had fallen before Atsali morphed and grabbed her, what the heck she was doing in those two panels where it looked like she was yelling then celebrating only to be flying upwards in the third panel... To me, everything seemed to be pointed at someone else saving Kath while Atsali watched... Don't mind me... you can find me in the totally confused corner.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

Atsali is cute and all, but those feet and legs would really freak me out. I'm pretty sure her wearing stockings is out of the question too.

Maybe you have to push in the other triangle to open the secret door.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
Dave

Post by Dave »

zachariah wrote:Her Podiatrist must have nightmares when she makes an appointment.
But her pedicurist just gets out the diamond files, oils the bearings on the Dremel, and walks away knowing that she'll be able to make this month's payment on the Bentley.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Proof this is Brandi's doin's!

Who else would have put such a specific pictogram there?

:P
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

shadowinthelight wrote:Maybe a little like Mission Impossible, but unlike Tom Cruise, Katherine isn't a couch hopping lunatic.
No, she lounges quietly with a glass of wine. Arguing with her fish, nekkid!
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Dave wrote:
zachariah wrote:Her Podiatrist must have nightmares when she makes an appointment.
But her pedicurist just gets out the diamond files, oils the bearings on the Dremel, and walks away knowing that she'll be able to make this month's payment on the Bentley.
Good point.

Now does anyone know a good recipe for Chicken Foot Soup?
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

You're really going to have to scale that up...
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

And they didn't even stop to get Kath her socks and boots back.

If, of course, they could find them amongst the rubble.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
analyst

Post by analyst »

DilyV wrote:how atsali fell below Kath, how she got back above Kath to swoop down and grab her before she splatted on the bottom of the abyss, how far Kath had fallen before Atsali morphed and grabbed her
I see it as this way. Astali fell below Kath, realization dawns that she can fly and she transmogrifies into the flighty being she is. This makes her lighter than Kath who is still falling at the same rate of speed, thus putting Astali above her. Astali has her Holy crap moment where she realizes Kath is still falling and that she can't transmogrify and swoops down for the save.
DilyV wrote: what the heck she was doing in those two panels where it looked like she was yelling then celebrating only to be flying upwards in the third panel... To me, everything seemed to be pointed at someone else saving Kath while Atsali watched... Don't mind me... you can find me in the totally confused corner.
Yeah, I can't figure that one out yet either. Unless, there was another flying personage and that entity effected the rescue of Kath. But the only way I could see that Kath would not make a remark about the rescue by now is if she had fainted until the rescuer flew off, so she just assumes that Astali did it. "Curiouser and curiouser"
cmdrpowers

Post by cmdrpowers »

It seems simple to me- Atsali fell first, transformed, and then flew up, snagging Kath along the way. Those speed lines are going the other way. Quit fretting about this- it's more important what our intrepid archaeologist is seeing inside the triangular opening.
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

"If you can read this, say Hi to Phix!"
RunningBull

Post by RunningBull »

uh, 'pictograph'? Doesn't she mean 'petroglyph' or would it be one of those old Lanthian glyphs that Monica reads? Is Katherine a glyph reader? Because, if this is one of those glyphs, and she reads it aloud, something might happen.

That's right, Monica was taught to read those glyphs, so Kat wouldn't know how to read them, unless Monica gave her lessons.
"You're not going crazy! You're going sane in a crazy world!"
- The Tick
eee

Post by eee »

DilyV wrote:I guess I was wrong... the past few days of panels have been quite confusing as to exactly how atsali fell below Kath, how she got back above Kath to swoop down and grab her before she splatted on the bottom of the abyss, how far Kath had fallen before Atsali morphed and grabbed her, what the heck she was doing in those two panels where it looked like she was yelling then celebrating only to be flying upwards in the third panel... To me, everything seemed to be pointed at someone else saving Kath while Atsali watched... Don't mind me... you can find me in the totally confused corner.
I imagine it goes like this. Astali was hanging onto Kath's hips as they dangled from the cliff face (she grabbed Kath instead of the cliff when the floor fragment gave way). When Kath let go, they fell, Astali on the bottom. Kath, perhaps instinctively, went semi spread-eagle, back down; this slowed her. Astali on the hand, realizing - belatedly - she could fly, grew wings and perhaps had smarts enough to do a loop around the crater, heading slightly downward and flapping for all she was worth so gravity and her own efforts gave her tremendous air speed. Having gone all the way around the crater and approaching the falling Kath from beneath she angled up, grabbed Kath as she flashed past her - the sudden change in direction ripping Kath's socks and boots off, conveniently without breaking her neck in the process - and made it up to the top. Once there she began celebrating, only to have an exasperated Kath boot her in the tail feathers. I don't think that was enough to send her flying upwards, I think she's just SO MUCH bigger than Kath in her Siren form it looked like she was in the air above her.

What's rather impressing me right now is she's able to hover. Hummingbirds and bees can do that, but only by flapping their wings almost too fast to be seen. And to judge from the way she's holding Kath, she's doing this with her hips twisted to the side even as her chest is facing either towards or away from the wall of the crater...
Dave

Post by Dave »

eee wrote:What's rather impressing me right now is she's able to hover. Hummingbirds and bees can do that, but only by flapping their wings almost too fast to be seen. And to judge from the way she's holding Kath, she's doing this with her hips twisted to the side even as her chest is facing either towards or away from the wall of the crater...
It must somehow be tied in with her morphing ability and her amazing recuperative powers. Otherwise, after all of the impact trauma, a dislocated shoulder, and a swift kick in the tail, she'd be too sore to soar.

Birds can sometimes hover or skim along with little or no wing motion when flying along a cliff face, if there's an updraft, but that requires either a strong thermal or an incoming wind hitting the cliff and being forced upwards. I can't really see either of these situations occurring easily at a big pit in the ground ( unl ess the pit is on the top of a mesa and its bottom opens out as a cave on the mesa side and acts as a windcatcher).
RunningBull

Post by RunningBull »

eee wrote:What's rather impressing me right now is she's able to hover. Hummingbirds and bees can do that, but only by flapping their wings almost too fast to be seen. And to judge from the way she's holding Kath, she's doing this with her hips twisted to the side even as her chest is facing either towards or away from the wall of the crater...
Don't forget, Kestrels can hover too. Being a falcon they are the only bird of prey that can hover. It is theorized that they evolved in fields with few trees to perch on, hovering was there way of perching without a tree or pole. They don't flap their wings as fast as a hummingbird, but they use them well.

Check out this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfjAPT1Zxqk
"You're not going crazy! You're going sane in a crazy world!"
- The Tick