Have A Fish 2013-03-11

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Cheesy1

Have A Fish 2013-03-11

Post by Cheesy1 »

Would somebody PLEASE think of the fishy! :P
bdgoodfriend

Re: Have A Fish 2013-3-11

Post by bdgoodfriend »

"Let;s get that fish! I said I missed lunch !" :o
Dave

Re: Have A Fish 2013-03-11

Post by Dave »

"Damn it, Atsali! Those boots cost $350!"
Lee M

Post by Lee M »

OK, if there was a webcomic award for Best Deus Ex Machina, this strip would win it hands down. (Totally out of the blue, of course, because having a nomination process would defeat the object of the exercise.)
The paper maker is the basest of all creatures. He deprives the beggar of his rags to make white sheets for editors to lie on.
--early 20th century school essay, from Fresh Howlers, ed. H. Cecil Hunt (UK, 1930)
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Phix? Is that you???

I don't think our winged saviour is birdbrain... the wingspan is too wide... I seriously think it's Phix for the save.

All I have to say is that I have a lucky 20 sider like Kath... and I won't give it up for nuffin!!! I got the set when I began playing D&D back around 1999... It was clear brown, and I painted the numbers a bright yellow. That whole set was amazingly lucky for me and got me through more than a few scrapes... beginning with beating the Temple of Elemental Evil module and winding up with the Keep as my personal residence... heeee!!
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Look who remembered she could fly...
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

That is one hell of a vector change. I hate to think of the G-force Katharine just went through.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Opus the Poet wrote:Look who remembered she could fly...
Look http://wapsisquare.com/comic/the-directory/ Atsali's wingspan is waaaay too short... our winged saviour has to be Phix with a wingspan like that... or Shelly maybe... wouldn't that be a hoot? Not to mention that Phix is good at intercepting falling people... I don't think thatAtsali has enough mass to knock Kath out of her socks and boots.

KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

I can see losing shoes, but boots? Even moreso, what kind of G-force does it take to literally knock your socks off? Of course, boots do tend to pull off your socks as well when you take them off.
DilyV wrote:Phix? Is that you???
I don't think our winged savior is birdbrain... the wingspan is too wide... I seriously think it's Phix for the save.
I don't know, those look a lot like condor wings. Maybe we are about to be introduced to yet another character? Or even find out Atsali was not what she seemed. Could even be her mother for that matter.
Last edited by KnightDelight on Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Dave wrote:"Damn it, Atsali! Those boots cost $350!"
Oh, that is just TOO MUCH WIN. :D
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

KnightDelight wrote:
DilyV wrote:Phix? Is that you???
I don't think our winged saviour is birdbrain... the wingspan is too wide... I seriously think it's Phix for the save.
I don't know, those look a lot like condor wings. Maybe we are about to be introduced to yet another character? Or even find out Atsali was not what she seemed. Could even be her mother for that matter.
"Young lady -- What have I told you about playing with your food!"

"But Mom..."

"Er, hello? Food? Me??"
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Dave

Post by Dave »

DilyV wrote:I don't think our winged saviour is birdbrain... the wingspan is too wide...
I'm honestly not sure. Atsali seems to have been morphing in size as well as in shape. In her fully-human form she's shorter than Kath... roughly what you'd expect for a 15-year-old girl. She seemed to be larger and stronger when she grew wings, picked Kath up and flew her through the Library. So, it's conceivable that she may have a fully avian morph which is larger still.

Speaking of Phix, though... it would add insult to injury if, after they eventually survive all of this terror and drag themselves back to the Library, we find that Phix is murderously angry with Katherine... for having "kidnapped" an under-age Library patron and transported her across state lines. For immortal papooses? "Why, everyone knows that teen-age Sirens are so completely irresponsible that they require constant adult supervision! That's why she was supposed to be confined to the Library in the first place! What were you thinking??"
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

jwhouk wrote:
Dave wrote:"Damn it, Atsali! Those boots cost $350!"
Oh, that is just TOO MUCH WIN. :D
Let's hope she doesn't ask Kath if that save just knocked her socks off. Besides if the upward force was great enough to get the boots and socks off, other pieces of clothing should have followed as well. Kath might also be suffering from severe whiplash as well.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Looking at the lower part of the silhouette, near the sun-flare, it doesn't look like there's a lion body there. And we don't know that the establishment is completely abandoned...

New tagline "Wapsi Square - It'll knock your socks off!"
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

Agreeing on the wingspan "seeming" bigger however, Phix has short hair and it wouldn't blow in the wind that way. My guess is Atsali toughed it up to save Kath since Katherine risked her life for Atsalis so shes just returning the favor.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Dave wrote:
DilyV wrote:I don't think our winged saviour is birdbrain... the wingspan is too wide...
Speaking of Phix, though... it would add insult to injury if, after they eventually survive all of this terror and drag themselves back to the Library, we find that Phix is murderously angry with Katherine... for having "kidnapped" an under-age Library patron and transported her across state lines. For immortal papooses? "Why, everyone knows that teen-age Sirens are so completely irresponsible that they require constant adult supervision! That's why she was supposed to be confined to the Library in the first place! What were you thinking??"
You have a really good point here... wouldn't that be a twist?

My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

TheDOCTOR wrote:Agreeing on the wingspan "seeming" bigger however, Phix has short hair and it wouldn't blow in the wind that way. My guess is Atsali toughed it up to save Kath since Katherine risked her life for Atsalis so shes just returning the favor.
Or Atsalis mother came looking for her wayward child. Katherine gets saved and an apology. Atsalis gets grounded for life (or a reasonable facsimile thereof – which is about a month at that age).
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Dave wrote:Speaking of Phix, though... it would add insult to injury if, after they eventually survive all of this terror and drag themselves back to the Library, we find that Phix is murderously angry with Katherine... for having "kidnapped" an under-age Library patron and transported her across state lines. For immortal papooses? "Why, everyone knows that teen-age Sirens are so completely irresponsible that they require constant adult supervision! That's why she was supposed to be confined to the Library in the first place! What were you thinking??"
What? I missed the immoral porpoise...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Jabberwonky wrote:Looking at the lower part of the silhouette, near the sun-flare, it doesn't look like there's a lion body there. And we don't know that the establishment is completely abandoned...
Good catch! Not a lion tail, but a bird tail. Looking like Atsali or a relation.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

TheDOCTOR wrote:Agreeing on the wingspan "seeming" bigger however, Phix has short hair and it wouldn't blow in the wind that way. My guess is Atsali toughed it up to save Kath since Katherine risked her life for Atsalis so shes just returning the favor.
I honestly don't think its Atsali... Seriously. Think about it. Whatever or whoever it is, it caught Kath on the dive... then swooped back up. Whoever it is hit Kath with enough mass and force to knock her socks and boots off. None of this adds up to atsali, who would have fallen WITH Kath and would have been very near her... certainly too close to have gotten enough of a flying start to knock Kath's boots and socks off. It's either Phix, Shelly or a new Apo we haven't met yet...