Scared Of Heights 2013-03-08

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Dave

Re: Scared Of Heights 2013-03-08

Post by Dave »

shadowinthelight wrote:Can this really be called a cliffhanger? It's more of a cliff-faller. On that note, here's some falling music.
And here's another bit which comes to mind... might describe Katherine's next few moments fairly well. Kath is certain to end up with a broken heart (and a broken-everything-else) if Atsali doesn't grow a bit of sense and some wings in the very near future!

Hmmm. All the vampires, walking through the valley - I wonder if Pratt and McBride have already made it here from their (presumed) trip to the Mapimí Silent Zone?
txmystic

Post by txmystic »

maybe this would be a good time for Kath to whip out that web launcher she's been playing around with...I think she'd look smashing in the spandex, too ;-)
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

"Dingle?" Such language, Kath. Tsk.
Wyvern wrote:
illiad wrote:
Wyvern wrote:Oh, no - a literal weekend cliffhanger! Although it occurs to me we've seen this before, and on a Friday, too.
...except we KNOW the drop is much more... :p
Hey, it was a long way down to the street, too!

And none of them knew how to grow wings and fly. :roll:
illiad wrote:ok, ok... :/
To be fair to illiad, Shelly's tumble off the billboard only appeared serious at the time; we did find out afterwards that the rooftop broke her fall.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

shadowinthelight wrote:Can this really be called a cliffhanger? It's more of a cliff-faller. On that note, here's some falling music. bad MP3 distortion but every other video uses the "remastered" album version
That's one of the songs that Skippy isn't allowed to use as part of a cadence call... :twisted:
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

txmystic wrote:maybe this would be a good time for Kath to whip out that web launcher she's been playing around with...I think she'd look smashing in the spandex, too ;-)

If Katherine gains biologically correct webbing, expect it to be just as embarrassing for her as for Spinnerette. Although given how she and Atsali are posed right now...
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

Well, one thing we know for sure now. Kath can't do whatever a spider can. At least not currently.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
RunningBull

Post by RunningBull »

I believe that if she had some ability, she would have noticed or suspected something by now. Unless, that is, something has triggered it. Until now she has only had time to escape one disaster after another.
"You're not going crazy! You're going sane in a crazy world!"
- The Tick
Lee M

Post by Lee M »

MerchManDan wrote:To be fair to illiad, Shelly's tumble off the billboard only appeared serious at the time; we did find out afterwards that the rooftop broke her fall.
Yeah, Pablo used the same technique as Harold Lloyd's ''Safety Last'', ie choosing a viewpoint over the edge of the roof so that it looked as if they were in danger of falling further. (Farther?)
Last edited by Lee M on Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The paper maker is the basest of all creatures. He deprives the beggar of his rags to make white sheets for editors to lie on.
--early 20th century school essay, from Fresh Howlers, ed. H. Cecil Hunt (UK, 1930)
Lee M

Post by Lee M »

zachariah wrote:...Anyone really afraid of heights, falling, etc. simply cannot cope with any height. Even standing on a stool. terrifies them. Atsali should be either frozen with fear or trying to climb up Kathy to get away. They certainly would not be looking down.
Um... really? Because speaking for myself, I'm fine with stools, stepladders and the like... OK, maybe a little nervous, which wasn't helped by one painful tumble off a loft ladder, but not nearly as scared as I get when confronted with a serious drop like a cliff or even a high balcony.
Last edited by Lee M on Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The paper maker is the basest of all creatures. He deprives the beggar of his rags to make white sheets for editors to lie on.
--early 20th century school essay, from Fresh Howlers, ed. H. Cecil Hunt (UK, 1930)
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

In my case, heights as such don't scare me - but ladders make me nervous much beyond twelve or fifteen feet.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

Is this the wrong spot to make a "I'm not afraid of falling from great heights, it is the sudden stop at the end that freaks me out" joke?

:P
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

Grantwhy wrote:Is this the wrong spot to make a "I'm not afraid of falling from great heights, it is the sudden stop at the end that freaks me out" joke?

:P
It would be, unless it would suddenly stop the thread.