Spider Woman 2013-03-06

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
MerchManDan

Re: Spider Woman 2013-03-06

Post by MerchManDan »

If the label says "beef" then I'd expect it to be beef. That's probably just me, though. ;) I doubt this would've turned into such a big deal if the labels clearly said "This product contains/may contain traces of horse meat."
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Oh, definitely.

But the people who frame it as "Oh, my God - I can't eat horse meat it's nasty-disgusting/cruel to horsies!" are the ones that i'm disdainful of.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

Fairportfan wrote:Oh, definitely.

But the people who frame it as "Oh, my God - I can't eat horse meat it's nasty-disgusting/cruel to horsies!" are the ones that i'm disdainful of.
Quite right. Anyone who says "I can't eat horse meat" (or any other perfectly good foods) has just not been hungry enough in their lives to this point. As starvation sets in even Fluffy the pet cat/dog/whatever starts looking good. Even cannibalism of the already dead can be acceptable. I know if I were already dead and my body would help to keep those still alive going, I would be all for it. Better cook it thoroughly first though. We humans have all sorts of nasty stuff in our bodies. Especially being the omnivores we are. I suppose if there were a selection to choose from, the Vegans would be first choice. Grade A so to speak, Not that there would be much meat on them. Ok, this is getting kind of dark. I'll stop now.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

Yes. Especially when they have no answer about what to do with the horses that are too old or crippled to work/ride, and too expensive to dispose of.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

bmonk wrote:

Yes. Especially when they have no answer about what to do with the horses that are too old or crippled to work/ride, and too expensive to dispose of.
Especially the ones that eat veal while they're being shocked by slaughtering horses.

I find the "Meat is Murder" bit ludicrous - but veal is torture.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Fairportfan wrote:
bmonk wrote:

Especially the ones that eat veal while they're being shocked by slaughtering horses.

The ones I find amusing are the vegans that have dogs or cats. Last time I checked the canine and felines are not vegetarians and keeping meat proteins away from them is not exactly healthy for them. If meat is murder then their best friends should be murderers in their eyes. Would love to hear some of them explain the discrepancy in their feelings.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Oh yes! It is sooo much more merciful to let horses fall over dead in a pasture after 20 years of life, 5-10 of which were spend waiting around in a pasture to fall over dead.

Just like nature intended. Who are we to judge? Is that real leather?? Get off my lawn!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

Mark N wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:Fairportfan: "Oh, definitely.

bmonk: "Yes. Especially when they have no answer about what to do with the horses that are too old or crippled to work/ride, and too expensive to dispose of."

The ones I find amusing are the vegans that have dogs or cats. Last time I checked the canine and felines are not vegetarians and keeping meat proteins away from them is not exactly healthy for them. If meat is murder then their best friends should be murderers in their eyes. Would love to hear some of them explain the discrepancy in their feelings.
Yes, but cats and dogs are "natural" predators. Or something.

But at least keep them on leashes so they cannot kill the songbirds, and squirrels, and moles, and . . .