On The Pot 2013-03-05

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
shadowinthelight

On The Pot 2013-03-05

Post by shadowinthelight »

C'mon, I wanna see it.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Lee M

Re: On The Pot 2013-03-05

Post by Lee M »

I suppose Pablo realises the phrase "on the pot" can have an alternate interpretation. Considering that when Atsali first heard Katherine mention a spider she nearly pooped herself...
The paper maker is the basest of all creatures. He deprives the beggar of his rags to make white sheets for editors to lie on.
--early 20th century school essay, from Fresh Howlers, ed. H. Cecil Hunt (UK, 1930)
Dave

Post by Dave »

"Well, dun" - typo for "Well, duh?". Also "be her" typo for "be here"?
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Right here, panel four, center of the picture...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Dave

Post by Dave »

Lee M wrote:I suppose Pablo realises the phrase "on the pot" can have an alternate interpretation. Considering that when Atsali first heard Katherine mention a spider she nearly pooped herself...
But as far as I know, the esteemed historical inventer Mr. Crapper has not been introduced as being present in the Wapsiverse :)
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Dave wrote:
Lee M wrote:I suppose Pablo realises the phrase "on the pot" can have an alternate interpretation. Considering that when Atsali first heard Katherine mention a spider she nearly pooped herself...
But as far as I know, the esteemed historical inventer Mr. Crapper has not been introduced as being present in the Wapsiverse :)
Just because we haven't hear his name used in vain doesn't mean he doesn't exist.
(Besides, "Aw crap!" is associated with a different paranormal character)
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Spelling lessons aside, the upward cast of Atsali's eyes lead me to believe dat's one big spider... question is, what are they looking at? It appears to be they are talking about a reflection or projection from the pot... If it's the alcove carving, the pot would have nothing to do with whether they could see it or not I would think. A huge spider shaped carving would be visible, pot or no pot. If it is a reflection or projection from the pot that would require a light source of some sort (possibly ranging from the hole they made when they crashed, to the whole structure above them now being open sky, but somehow, I doubt that. If the whole structure collapsed or any part of the interior, they would be buried for the most part in that alcove and unable to see anything outside the alcove. It's going to be interesting to see what Paul has in mind here.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Wapsi
Site Admin

Post by Wapsi »

Dave wrote:"Well, dun" - typo for "Well, duh?". Also "be her" typo for "be here"?
Hit "F5"
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

DilyV wrote:. If the whole structure collapsed or any part of the interior, they would be buried for the most part in that alcove and unable to see anything outside the alcove. It's going to be interesting to see what Paul has in mind here.
I'm getting the impression that the several floors were built in front of the multi-story tall spider carving. Now that they've collapsed, the whole spider is visible.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
shadowinthelight

Something broke. I hit F5 and am now getting the comic for June 22, 2010 on my computer. Phone shows correct. :?:

edit: wierd stuff, working now
Last edited by shadowinthelight on Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

zachariah

Post by zachariah »

DilyV wrote:Spelling lessons aside, the upward cast of Atsali's eyes lead me to believe dat's one big spider... question is, what are they looking at? It appears to be they are talking about a reflection or projection from the pot... If it's the alcove carving, the pot would have nothing to do with whether they could see it or not I would think. A huge spider shaped carving would be visible, pot or no pot. If it is a reflection or projection from the pot that would require a light source of some sort (possibly ranging from the hole they made when they crashed, to the whole structure above them now being open sky, but somehow, I doubt that. If the whole structure collapsed or any part of the interior, they would be buried for the most part in that alcove and unable to see anything outside the alcove. It's going to be interesting to see what Paul has in mind here.
As I've said. The shape of the alcove matches the shape of the leg of the black widow spider on the pot. Take a look at the ends of the leg and you can see how they look alike. The alcove is only part of one leg of the spider, probably a bottom leg. The image carved into the wall must cover the entire height of the underground building. By how far down they crashed, and it looked like they went one or two levels down during the chase scene, it is five or six levels tall. It would need to be to get all the spiders body on the wall. The center is the where they will find either what they are looking for, or a way onward in their quest.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Atsi missed Kath's meaning. The pot allowed kath to realize that the alcove was probably part of a carved figure in the wall. That is what made the alcove a safe place to take shelter from the collapsing building. Not that they would not even have been in the building. They didn't even find the pot until they arrived there. I still can't believe Asti is this slow. Even for a teenager at 15 and a siren this is really dumb you know.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
TheSkulker

Post by TheSkulker »

Jabberwonky wrote:Right here, panel four, center of the picture...
DilyV wrote:If it's the alcove carving, the pot would have nothing to do with whether they could see it or not I would think. A huge spider shaped carving would be visible, pot or no pot.
Relooking at Jabberwonky's link I get the distinct impression that the pot was somehow the inspiration for Kath to use the alcove. You can almost feel the thought process. She went from having no idea ["I don't kn.."], to two telling looks [wheels turning], to action ["get in the alcove"].

That is what Kath means in today's strip when she says "If you hadn't grabbed that pot, we wouldn't be here to see this."
We want to see the unexpected! The strange and terrible!
A dream merely soothes - but our nightmares make us run!
GG 07-15-13
Dave

Post by Dave »

zachariah wrote:I still can't believe Asti is this slow. Even for a teenager at 15 and a siren this is really dumb you know.
Well, she's a Siren. She has wings. She's flighty.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Dave wrote:
zachariah wrote:I still can't believe Asti is this slow. Even for a teenager at 15 and a siren this is really dumb you know.
Well, she's a Siren. She has wings. She's flighty.
You do have a point. She's a feather head and just wings it. Is that why she causes a flap all the time?

Drops Atsi's pinion feathers into the Pun Jar. She's too young to have her flying license and has been grounded.
Dave

Post by Dave »

shadowinthelight wrote:Something broke. I hit F5 and am now getting the comic for June 22, 2010 on my computer. Phone shows correct. :?:

edit: wierd stuff, working now
Your computer is undoubtedly haunted by the Ghost of Websites Past. An exorcism with the aid of bells, candles, a copy of Avast!, seven virgins and a mule is now required. Bury the remains by the dark of the moon, surround the gravesite with a barrier of obsolete Fast Page Mode DRAM SIMMS, walk away, and whatever you do, do not look back.

When you buy a replacement computer, make certain its hard drive is IE-free (otherwise, the evil spirits may return), and be careful not to feed it after midnight.
shadowinthelight

Dave wrote:When you buy a replacement computer, make certain its hard drive is IE-free (otherwise, the evil spirits may return), and be careful not to feed it after midnight.
I surf almost exclusively on Firefox (most recent version) now. These glitches seem to be browser specific like Photobucket's recent image linking problems while they were making changes. Damned if I could guess if wapsisquare.com's errors are the site's or browser's fault, though.

txmystic

Post by txmystic »

Well I am stuck in the confusion corner for good. I get that the alcove resembles one of the (apparently ginormous) spider's legs, but how does it fit in? It would have to occupy multiple levels of the now-collapsed building and it looks like the floor above it is sealed off.

OTOH, lucky for Atsali that she is with Kath if there be spiders...

And pass the nachos...
txmystic

Post by txmystic »

shadowinthelight wrote:
Dave wrote:When you buy a replacement computer, make certain its hard drive is IE-free (otherwise, the evil spirits may return), and be careful not to feed it after midnight.
I surf almost exclusively on Firefox (most recent version) now. These glitches seem to be browser specific like Photobucket's recent image linking problems while they were making changes. Damned if I could guess if wapsisquare.com's errors are the site's or browser's fault, though.
I have not used IE since 2005 if I could at all avoid it. Unfortunately some of my company's internal function pages operate only in IE. I also seem to require IE if I need to log into a Starbucks wifi zone. Totally annoying.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

txmystic wrote: I have not used IE since 2005 if I could at all avoid it. Unfortunately some of my company's internal function pages operate only in IE. I also seem to require IE if I need to log into a Starbucks wifi zone. Totally annoying.
I've been Using Opera since it cost actual money.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber