That Means 2013-03-01

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Aleister Crow

Re: That Means 2013-03-01

Post by Aleister Crow »

No, Atsali, she's not all right. You just kicked her in the face!
Whoever coined the phrase "more fun than a barrel of monkeys" obviously never spent an afternoon cramming the little buggers into one.
Julie

Post by Julie »

sheik wrote:At first I thought Atsali must have a loose connection somewhere, since Kath's touch got a reaction but her voice did not.
Well, she was reaching out to touch Atsali before she spoke...and you can't really tell from panel one of today's page if the touch or voice happened first. They may have happened at the same time...so Atsali may have reacted to both. Given how they weren't showing signs of deafness after the explosion in the mines, I'm going to venture that they're not deaf now either...

Also....OWWIE! :( Poor Kat!!
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Didn't see any comments on this, but it's probably worth noting.

The teeth. Atsali's mouth in panel 1 of yesterday's comic looks more or less normally human. In panel 2, with the scream of "NOOOOOOOO!" we have fangs.

The fangs are still there in today's comic. Are we seeing a reverting to a transitional form for this little siren? Has the stress affected her shape-shifting form?

This to me is the cliff-hanger - what will she and/or Katharine be capable of come Monday?
"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

RunningBull wrote:She survived a mine blast and getting buried under a ton of rock, only to get kicked in the head. Almost sounds like a teeshirt.
No... this is something Kath would have to make up herself...

I visited Mesa Verde and the only thing I didn't get was a stoopid t-shirt!

On the back would be the check list:

Flight to Mesa Verde by chicken girl: Check
Tip over oil lamp: Check
Burning oil lights fuses for explosives: Check
Mine cart escape from explosives: check
Survive six hundred yard flight in mine cart: Check
Survive crash through Mesa deep into ancient temple: Check
Survive collapse of said temple: Check
Kick in the chops by Chicken girl: Check
*to be continued, probably on several more t-shirts

LOL
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

A relief, yes . . . and yet. What do they have left to do but pray?

Right, let's have Jerusalem.

And did those feet in modern time.
Kick Katherine Gilchrist in the bean:
And was reflexive leg attached,
To an adventure-seeking teen!

And did the hidden halls collapse,
Leaving both buried and bereft?
And was dear Oscar the Betta Fish,
Given Fish Flakes before Kath left?

Bring me my Trickster born of wild;
Bring me my Golems twain & dire:
Bring me my Sphinx, O windward child!
Bring me my Jaguar of fire!

Kath will not stay for Siren's Plunge,
Nor Spider's fear nor Titan's stomp:
Till she hath fed her Betta Fish,
Home safe from this perilous Romp
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Yamara wrote:A relief, yes . . . and yet. What do they have left to do but pray?

Applause! :mrgreen:

(I am, of course, hearing it sung by Greg Lake)
Last edited by Dave on Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Yamara wrote:A relief, yes . . . and yet. What do they have left to do but pray?

Not quite. After all this we have yet to see a river. The river Jordan maybe? These adventures always include a river ride through rapids you know. So will the collapse break open a buried viaduct and release a raging underground river through the ruins? I wouldn't be surprised.

So far we have seen. They fled from a fire. Then took the roller coaster mine cart ride. Then were shot out of a cannon, yes the explosives and the tunnel acted just like a cannon. Fell from a height and crashed into a building, this can be either a car or plane crash. A high speed chase through rooms and tunnels. The building falls on them, this might also qualify as an earthquake. They managed to miss the snakes in the tunnel. Now we need insects to swarm out and start eating things. Then a tribe of primitives will appear to threaten them for violating sacred ground, this could double as an Indian attack. After that the Nazi/commie/liberal/survivalist/UFO/paranormal/ancient gods/rival searchers group will appear. For the finale they need a volcano or meteor strike. Then ride off into the sunset in the middle of a stampede. Cut to credits and include outtakes. The producers will laugh and say "In your face 2012".

Sorry no tidal wave. They are in the Colorado mountains after all. The river could have a wave but it will be the wrong type.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
ChattaStarhawk

Post by ChattaStarhawk »

zachariah wrote:Sorry no tidal wave. They are in the Colorado mountains after all. The river could have a wave but it will be the wrong type.
How about a flash flood? Those are always good for where they are and you don't even need the rain storm anywhere near their location for it to happen.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

There's something on your FACE!!
[THOCK]
IT WAS PAIN!!!
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Katherine is probably wishing she had Atsali's regerative healing abilities right now... notice in the latest strip, Atsali has no visible signs of bleeding and appears to be having no trouble with her arm/shoulder... note her fresh look in the last panel. She's also wondering what the penalty is for clocking a fifteen year old apo after that kick...

Leak

Post by Leak »

MerchManDan wrote:There's something on your FACE!!
[THOCK]
IT WAS PAIN!!!
Eh, if you're gonna do that joke at least go to the source... ;)

(Let's just hope Atsali doesn't say "I like trains" next...)
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

"HEEAAAALP!!"
MIssion:
Trapped In A Collapsed Pueblo!
The First Adventure For Both.
Are You Ready?
3! 2! 1! Go!

"Workin' in a coal mine,
Goin' down down down....."
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

kingklash wrote:"HEEAAAALP!!"
MIssion:
Trapped In A Collapsed Pueblo!
The First Adventure For Both.
Are You Ready?
3! 2! 1! Go!

"Workin' in a coal mine,
Goin' down down down....."
Big Bad John would be a better choice. People made it out alive with him.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Am I the only one that thinks the "rockfall" wasn't the only danger they were in? When Kath was sitting on the edge of the opening going down with the ladder she points out something and says they need to get away from that.

Then, once in the lower chamber, she says "That was the floor above us!" Which means there is a possibility that she saw something before the structure started coming down around them... which was probably caused by whatever it was she wanted to get away from.

Something was coming... and Kath wanted away from it...

RunningBull

Post by RunningBull »

DilyV wrote:Am I the only one that thinks the "rockfall" wasn't the only danger they were in? When Kath was sitting on the edge of the opening going down with the ladder she points out something and says they need to get away from that.

Then, once in the lower chamber, she says "That was the floor above us!" Which means there is a possibility that she saw something before the structure started coming down around them... which was probably caused by whatever it was she wanted to get away from.

Something was coming... and Kath wanted away from it...
I initially thought she was referring to the falling ruble above them, then when she said "That was the floor above us!" she was really saying was "We are out of time". Now she could have seen something upstairs and we just haven't seen it yet. I don't think there was because when the mine cart tore through that complex, the cut-off view that Paul drew up showed it as having looked empty, there were some dark side rooms maybe. But it did look like no one was there. I think that if something was there, they would have tried to get to the surface.
"You're not going crazy! You're going sane in a crazy world!"
- The Tick