All My Fault 2013-02-28

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
jwhouk

All My Fault 2013-02-28

Post by jwhouk »

And our Thursday Cliffhanger becomes a FRIDAY cliffhanger!

That hand is awfully shaky. I think our Spider Lady is down to single-digit hit points...
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
zachariah

Re: All My Fault 2013-02-28

Post by zachariah »

Kath luckily you need a bath cause when you grab her ankle you will scare the S!!! outta her and it's pointing at you. So DUCK!
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

The poor baby bird is gonna poop so bad. :evil:
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Locuran

Post by Locuran »

I'd be more worried she turns and goes on the attack before realising who it is.

(Anybody else get zombie vibes seeing that, or just me?)

@jwhouk: she needs a healing item du jour. If it were a zelda game, than low heart beeping sound would shake the last of the place down.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Mark N wrote:The poor baby bird is gonna poop so bad. :evil:
For some birds it is called Slicing. In other words she will cut loose.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Well, I know Paul has done it again, when my reaction to seeing the day's strip is to take a tremulous breath and whisper "Thank God, at least she's alive!"...

... and the fact that I know full well that "she" is entirely fictional doesn't lessen the impact.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Yay Katherine! :D
Locuran wrote:@jwhouk: she needs a healing item du jour. If it were a zelda game, than low heart beeping sound would shake the last of the place down.
I swear that sound is even more annoying than "Hey! Listen!".
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
as363

Post by as363 »

Holy Molly !! Did not see that coming .
TheSkulker

Post by TheSkulker »

zachariah wrote:Kath luckily you need a bath cause when you grab her ankle you will scare the S!!! outta her and it's pointing at you. So DUCK!
Either that or Atsali will knock herself unconscious when she hits her head on the ceiling of the alcove.

Although we know that Kath has great recuperative powers, (It only took her one (strip) day to go from barely conscious dizziness to full alert control), she looks to be in pretty bad shape. Perhaps it is time for Atsali to rise to the occasion.
We want to see the unexpected! The strange and terrible!
A dream merely soothes - but our nightmares make us run!
GG 07-15-13
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

It appears that our Katherine is three petals short of pushing up daisies... a blade of grass short of taking a dirt nap...

Oh... and I'm sure Kath will be happy that Atsali is wearing jeans... Still... its gonna make a mess...

Fate rolled and narrowly missed a crit on a d20

Kath Rolled and narrowly made her saving roll but took a heavy hit to her HP...

At least its a hand and not one of eight legs...

Needless to say, both are terribly in need of an emergency poit to an emergency ROOM!
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

DilyV wrote: Oh... and I'm sure Kath will be happy that Atsali is wearing jeans... Still... its gonna make a mess...
Considering we know very little about Asti's biological background Kath could very easily end up with egg on her face from this. Then Kath really would be shell shocked.

PS: Doesn't laying an egg also make a 'poit' sound?

Drops a empty egg carton in the jar.

pps: Poiting to an emergency room in their condition would create way more problems than it would help.

'POIT' Okay where's the ambulance crew that brought these dodo's in?? They have no insurance cards or ID. The least they could have done was take that chicken suit off of the younger one! I'm gonna write those A-Holes up for this. Orderly get the cops, this whole mess looks fishy to me.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

I've heard enough emergency room stories to know someone showing up in a chicken suit would likely get little more than a "meh" response.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

shadowinthelight wrote:I've heard enough emergency room stories to know someone showing up in a chicken suit would likely get little more than a "meh" response.

There's a very old SCA story about such a trip. It's an ordinary day at the ER when a bunch of people in ancient clothes show up, carrying a guy in full plate armor; the shaft of an arrow is sticking out of his helmet like Pinocchio's nose. The staff's reaction was something like, "Okay, that's a new one."

It was a blunt arrow, luckily, one with a tennis ball on the front; it hit just right to push its way in through the eye slit and get stuck. He was in no great danger but getting the thing un-stuck took some work.
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

First there's one hand, then two...then three, then four..and four legs to boot.

Wait till Kat's head pops-out above the ridge and Atsali sees 8 eyes..

"pooping her pants" will be the understatement of the year...

('C mon, Paul has been alluding to Kat's connection with spiders for years. And Kat's not much of a prankster, so, she's no family of Ananse imho. That only leaves horror material human spiders, think those lady spider-things in TES Oblivion)

Well, disregarding my flight of fancy.. Something's afoot. No doubt there.
Last edited by Jay-Em on Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

Wyvern wrote:
shadowinthelight wrote:I've heard enough emergency room stories to know someone showing up in a chicken suit would likely get little more than a "meh" response.

There's a very old SCA story about such a trip. It's an ordinary day at the ER when a bunch of people in ancient clothes show up, carrying a guy in full plate armor; the shaft of an arrow is sticking out of his helmet like Pinocchio's nose. The staff's reaction was something like, "Okay, that's a new one."

It was a blunt arrow, luckily, one with a tennis ball on the front; it hit just right to push its way in through the eye slit and get stuck. He was in no great danger but getting the thing un-stuck took some work.

Fêh.. peanuts.

Father of a friend of mine is an ER nurse. Ask him anytime about guys that come in saturday night, half-drunk, bathrobe et all ,with a vac-hose "creatively" stuck to a tender place. :o Now thére's a puzzle that's pretty hard to solve without permanent damage.....

(details on the "how"and "why" on request. :P )
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
sonicthunder

Post by sonicthunder »

And now all I can think about for Friday's strip.

- - - - -

*Kat pulls herself up onto solid ground, panting and exhausted.*

Atsali: "Why are you sitting there resting when we're so near the end? Let's go!"

- - - - -
eee

Post by eee »

Locuran wrote:I'd be more worried she turns and goes on the attack before realising who it is.

(Anybody else get zombie vibes seeing that, or just me?)

@jwhouk: she needs a healing item du jour. If it were a zelda game, than low heart beeping sound would shake the last of the place down.
Zombie Katherine RISES FROM THE DEAD!

Zombie Katherine seeks BRAINS!

Zombie Katherine grabs Atsali!

Zombie Katherine is kind of out of luck... :lol:

Or wait! Maybe that's NOT Kath! This is a dark place, after all; maybe it's a GRUE!!

(The game should have responded to the "What's a Grue?" question with "Not much; what's a-grue with you?" before going into the "sinister lurking presence etc etc") :D
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

Those tiny narrow shelves in that alcove have suddenly gotten a lot bigger, haven't they?
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
Wdot

Post by Wdot »

...and how are vampires made again?
Make the wrong things difficult, and the right things easy. Notice the smallest change and the slightest try and reward him.
----Ray Hunt
Aleister Crow

Post by Aleister Crow »

I have this sudden mental image of Kath reaching up, grabbing a foot... and promptly getting kicked in the face.
Jay-Em wrote:First there's one hand, then two...then three, then four..and four legs to boot.

Wait till Kat's head pops-out above the ridge and Atsali sees 8 eyes..

"pooping her pants" will be the understatement of the year...

('C mon, Paul has been alluding to Kat's connection with spiders for years. And Kat's not much of a prankster, so, she's no family of Ananse imho. That only leaves horror material human spiders, think those lady spider-things in TES Oblivion)

Well, disregarding my flight of fancy.. Something's afoot. No doubt there.
Considering that way waaaay back when Kath first appeared she said she was terrified of spiders (even though they fascinate her), I really hope she doesn't get turned into one.
Whoever coined the phrase "more fun than a barrel of monkeys" obviously never spent an afternoon cramming the little buggers into one.