All My Fault 2013-02-28

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Julie

Re: All My Fault 2013-02-28

Post by Julie »

Holy poopsticks! :o She lives?!?!? Brilliant!!! :D Now we just need to see how bad the damage is... :?
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
KateKane

Post by KateKane »

Wdot wrote:...and how are vampires made again?

It is suggested that they are made when someone dies with no one who remembers them, they die completely forgotten.

The better question is: Are there zombies in Wapsiverse? Katherine is a zombie!
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

I have the feeling we won't see Kath tomorrow, but Atsali's horrified expression at what she sees instead, yielding the cliffhanger. Or maybe Atsali giggling at what she sees. Never know, she's pretty hysterical now.

Looked like the area where Kath is coming from may, indeed, go down further since yesterday's comic seemed to show a wall tumbling down on the left side of the first panel.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
RunningBull

Post by RunningBull »

Kath may have been running on adrenaline. Now that things have stopped, she might start feeling a lot of pain she didn't feel before. Good to see she's still vertical.
"You're not going crazy! You're going sane in a crazy world!"
- The Tick
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Well, vertical in a metaphorical sense.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

KateKane wrote:
It is suggested that they are made when someone dies with no one who remembers them, they die completely forgotten.
Or at least when no one remembers who they are; I imagine murderers of strangers know they've killed and dumped a body, but that would only exacerbate the problem. Katherine was really in no danger of this, since at least the comptroller at the Museum would notice her not cashing her checks. She's implied that she has work in JSTOR, and therefore, the One Library. She's a recluse, not an unknown. And ultimately I think M and friends are more on the ball than just up and forgetting about her.

And then there's Atsali, who would be remembering little else.

On the other hand... if Katherine had died . . .

. . . and no one fed Oscar . . .

then there might have been a problem.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

Not exactly a cliff-hanger. More like a wall-hanger. (Get the picture straight?)
eee

Post by eee »

davids4250 wrote:Those tiny narrow shelves in that alcove have suddenly gotten a lot bigger, haven't they?
Maybe Kath and Atsali are shrinking. Did they drink out of the jar?
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Yamara wrote:
KateKane wrote:
On the other hand... if Katherine had died . . .

. . . and no one fed Oscar . . .

then there might have been a problem.
Sounds like an outfit I had in my second life inventory once upon a time... LOL Vampirefish...

Wouldn't that classify as a pirannha?
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

This creature made of electrons, protons, neutrons, and sundry other subatomic particles, liberally leavened with bits and bytes, co-existing in physical and virtual space, is feeling strong emotions for the creatures we're viewing in this virtual world. The world occurs in 24-hour quanta, each update a burst of bits and pixels. As consciousness proceeds, burst by burst, emotions morph and twirl, strengthen and subside.

What is real, and what is artificial?

Are the emotions elicited by the artificial, real?

Questions, questions...
"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Aleister Crow wrote:I have this sudden mental image of Kath reaching up, grabbing a foot... and promptly getting kicked in the face.
Jay-Em wrote:First there's one hand, then two...then three, then four..and four legs to boot.

Wait till Kat's head pops-out above the ridge and Atsali sees 8 eyes..

"pooping her pants" will be the understatement of the year...

('C mon, Paul has been alluding to Kat's connection with spiders for years. And Kat's not much of a prankster, so, she's no family of Ananse imho. That only leaves horror material human spiders, think those lady spider-things in TES Oblivion)

Well, disregarding my flight of fancy.. Something's afoot. No doubt there.
Considering that way waaaay back when Kath first appeared she said she was terrified of spiders (even though they fascinate her), I really hope she doesn't get turned into one.
"Aieeeee! Get it off! Getitoff! GetitoffGetitoffGetitoffGetitoffGetitoff!!!"
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

KnightDelight wrote: Looked like the area where Kath is coming from may, indeed, go down further since yesterday's comic seemed to show a wall tumbling down on the left side of the first panel.
There is something very off with that alcove. It has either been changing size or it is a different alcove. I am leaning towards changing size. It may be a lot deeper than it looks but then it means Asti has been changing her position on that shelf constantly. Two days ago she appears to climb in facing the up-down direction of the stairs. Then a panel shows her huddled entirely on one shelf. The falling wall appears on her left side meaning she fits entirely on one shelf facing the direction they go up and down in. The hands come up from the left, maybe, and she is facing towards the inside wall of the stairs. Or maybe Kath made it onto the shelf below Asti before the collapse. If so then Asti did the full length lay down screaming NO facing the up down direction of the stair.

See what I mean? I wonder if their current location is somewhere else than in the original room the alcove was in. Either that or Escher really did build that alcove.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

jwhouk wrote:Well, vertical in a metaphorical sense.
No, a literal sense. A metaphorical sense would mean she's capable of standing upright without support.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Anyone got a Senzu Bean handy?
Lee M

Post by Lee M »

Looks like spider-girl found herself a trapdoor. How appropriate.
The paper maker is the basest of all creatures. He deprives the beggar of his rags to make white sheets for editors to lie on.
--early 20th century school essay, from Fresh Howlers, ed. H. Cecil Hunt (UK, 1930)
sheik

Post by sheik »

Fairportfan wrote: No, a literal sense. A metaphorical sense would mean she's capable of standing upright without support.
You wouldn't happen to have a good reference for the proper distinction of literal/metaphorical/actual on you anywhere would you?
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

sonicthunder wrote:*Kat pulls herself up onto solid ground, panting and exhausted.*

Atsali: "Why are you sitting there resting when we're so near the end? Let's go!"
Hey, now. Atsali may be a teenager, but she's not THAT callous. You've seen how she's been reacting to this situation over the last couple of days, haven't you?
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

sheik wrote:
Fairportfan wrote: No, a literal sense. A metaphorical sense would mean she's capable of standing upright without support.
You wouldn't happen to have a good reference for the proper distinction of literal/metaphorical/actual on you anywhere would you?
She's standing against the wall, so she's literally vertical, by definition.

Using it to mean "alive, able to stand up unaided" is a metaphor.
=====================
=====================
mike weber
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

Maybe we will need earplugs after all?

Today on MythosBusters, we find out just how loud a siren can scream

I am half expecting the next page to be Phix and somebody talking in the library, then they stop look off panel and say "did you hear somebody scream?" :P
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
ChattaStarhawk

Post by ChattaStarhawk »

kingklash wrote:Anyone got a Senzu Bean handy?
That depends on whether Karin has had a crop of them ready; he never grew that large a crop of beans at any one time. Didn't have much room for it at the Lookout. Of course, you would need Goku to deliver them...