Follow you Anywhere 2022-06-27

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Drakkenmensch

Follow you Anywhere 2022-06-27

Post by Drakkenmensch »

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/follow-you-anywhere/

Wait wait wait.

WAIT.

Mordor is real in the wapsiverse?!?
FreeFlier

Re: Follow you Anywhere 2022-06-27

Post by FreeFlier »

Mordor doesn't have to be real to be a useful comparison.

OTOH, there's a theory that all fiction is written by dreamwalkers, and is thus real in another dimension . . .

--FreeFlier
Dave

Post by Dave »

Mixed messages... Cass says "it's not a real place", then goes on to talk about it and the parasprites as if they're real.

I suppose she and Shawna could just be funnin' about that, though... doing a spontaneous fan-fiction LOTR/MLP mash-up, as a way of talking through Shawna's insecurity issues.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

There's real, and then there's discussing something within its universe. This is an example of the second.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Opus the Poet wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:19 pm There's real, and then there's discussing something within its universe. This is an example of the second.
And we are engaged in a discussion of the second type right here, one level of recursion above them.

This then begs the question... just who or what is discussing us, one level further up the stack?
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

Dave wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:20 am
Opus the Poet wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:19 pm There's real, and then there's discussing something within its universe. This is an example of the second.
And we are engaged in a discussion of the second type right here, one level of recursion above them.

This then begs the question... just who or what is discussing us, one level further up the stack?
Hey, I wrote that story!

Scientists have found a way to peer into other universes. One of the scientists notices that a universe they're looking into has eerie similarities to some comics that his kid and a friend drew, so he calls them in. They find that they can draw a picture of a scene in the other universe, find the scene through the viewer, then alter their drawing and the other universe changes to match.

Then the entire room subtly changes color and everyone wonders what's going on.

<DELETE>

Another version, starting almost identically, where the attempt to look into other universes is unsuccessful in a way that indicates success is not possible.

Then switch to italics for some thoughts from the author about why the change... and the author notices that his room is subtly changing color...

(story stops there - another layer would be redundant.)
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Of course, Castela can follow Shawna anywhere ... she's the ultimate badass in the Wapsiverse ...

Chuck Norris steps off the sidewalk when he sees Castela coming.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

So Castela can travel to any place, but I wonder how well she can home in on a particular person or object? Can she actually sense where everybody and everything is at any given time? If so, then at least she'll never misplace her keys or mobile phone.
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

Catawampus wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:23 pm So Castela can travel to any place, but I wonder how well she can home in on a particular person or object? Can she actually sense where everybody and everything is at any given time? If so, then at least she'll never misplace her keys or mobile phone.
Well, she also has this special ability to communicate with her friends. So, when she wants to and if they're willing, she can know where her friends are pretty easily.

This special ability is called "a telephone".