Does What It Does 2022-05-16

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Opus the Poet

Does What It Does 2022-05-16

Post by Opus the Poet »

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/does-what-it-does/

As I recall there was an episode several months ago comic time, several year ago our time, where a girl was trapped in one of those anchors.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
FreeFlier

Re: Does What It Does 2022-05-16

Post by FreeFlier »

Having just re-read that arc, yes . . . several alternate-universe Dayllas. . . apparently they survived because they are living metal.

Hmm . . . so magic is FTL?

--Freeflier
Last edited by FreeFlier on Tue May 17, 2022 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave

Post by Dave »

And "safely" might mean something slightly different to someone who can be blown skywards by a nuclear "squib" stream explosion, without becoming more than moderately annoyed.
ziggy78eog

Post by ziggy78eog »

I wanted to see, in the second panel, a couple of pieces fall off, and then watch Bud trying to shrug it off, saying, "those things come off all the time".
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

So, we've established that there are multiple universes, and that some of our characters can (intentionally or not) cross from one to another. And now some characters are going to poke around at a system that interfaces with all that. Are we about to have a "Crisis on Infinite Wapsis" storyline? Or will somebody simply get the math wrong, and usher in the previously threatened zombie plague?
Opus the Poet wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 10:27 pmAs I recall there was an episode several months ago comic time, several year ago our time, where a girl was trapped in one of those anchors.
Perhaps it's one of those "safe so long as used specifically as the instructions state" sort of things. If you don't try to lick the anchor beams, cross the streams, or turn on the system, it's perfectly safe. Mostly.
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

FreeFlier wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 11:21 pm Having just re-read that arc, yes . . . several alternate-universe Dayllass. . . apparently they survived because they are living metal.

Hmm . . . so magic is FTL?

--Freeflier
Dayllass? I never thought to check if she had a shapely rear...
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.