Too Mikki 2022-04-26

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Dave

Too Mikki 2022-04-26

Post by Dave »

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/too-mikki/

Ok. much is explained... but I can't help but think that this is still a metastable situation which could go FOOM in all sorts of interesting ways.
FreeFlier

Re: Too Mikki 2022-04-26

Post by FreeFlier »

Dave wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:36 pm . . . Ok. much is explained... but I can't help but think that this is still a metastable situation which could go FOOM in all sorts of interesting ways.
High school is a metastable environment.

Probably because of all the teenagers.

Didn't expect that twist, though I should have.

--FreeFlier
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

But wouldn't Hiroshi know his sister was his tutor when Mindy started talking about her?
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Opus the Poet wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:31 am But wouldn't Hiroshi know his sister was his tutor when Mindy started talking about her?
Hard to see how he wouldn't, even if he's not the brightest floodlight above the stage. He immediately knew whom to text to cancel the session.

it'll be interesting to learn what he thought, at the time. I can see at least three possibilities as to what he might have thought:

(1) That his sister is actually crazy enough to try something like that (and to believe she might succeed, and that the consequences wouldn't be horrendous). Kinda hard to believe, even for a Fae... that would be one really messed-up family!!

(2) That Mindy was making the whole thing up, as a way of trying to get his attention. If so, it's odd that he would immediately make a point of assuring her that he believed her and trusted her and saw no reason she'd lie about it.

(3) That Mindy heard what she said she heard, but that his sister couldn't really have meant it and must be playing some sort of game, and that he should play along with it and see what was up.

I'm guessing (3)... even if he's not usually a bright bulb, his instincts were good in this case. His immediate and low-key "Gee, what a psycho" fits this pretty well... "Gee, what sort of crazy stunt is Kellie pulling now?"

It makes one wonder whether she has a noodle incident or two in her past.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Opus the Poet wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:31 am But wouldn't Hiroshi know his sister was his tutor when Mindy started talking about her?
It's been shown that fae have rather warped minds, so Hiroshi might be used to his sister doing weird stunts like this and can just roll with them. Of course, if Mindy does eventually figure things out, it will be obvious that Hiroshi must have known something was up and she might not take too well to his playing along.

What I'm wondering is why, according to Kellie, he wasn't wanting to ask Mindy out. Simple shyness, or some other reasons?
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

BTW: What IS Mikki?
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

AnotherFairportfan wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:43 amBTW: What IS Mikki?
Presumably a paranormal of some kind, since she attends Gryphon, but who (besides Paul) knows which kind?

She appears to at least pretend to be "carnivorous" . . . "Watch out boy, she'll chew you up . . ." - Hall and Oates

--FreeFlier
Dave

Post by Dave »

FreeFlier wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:13 am Presumably a paranormal of some kind, since she attends Gryphon, but who (besides Paul) knows which kind?
Not only that... she's drawn with fangs, which has been Paul's characteristic way of showing a character's para nature.
FreeFlier wrote: She appears to at least pretend to be "carnivorous" . . . "Watch out boy, she'll chew you up . . ." - Hall and Oates
Presumably a pred... and apparently of a sort bad-ass-enough to be a credible risk for a half-Fae (or so Kellie pretends).

Mikki the Preying Mantis?
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Wolfen?
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Weremouse.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

better than the legendary Sabre-Toothed Mouse . . .

--FreeFlier
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

jwhouk wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:38 pmWolfen?
There mouse.

There mousehole.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Obligatory Mouse commercial.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff