Crushed To Death 2013-02-26

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
illiad

Re: Crushed To Death 2013-02-26

Post by illiad »

well I think the main point it to put your head and body in, to survive... major bruising or even breaking of extremities may happen, but at least you will stay alive, until you manage to dig yourself out.... tomorrow either something magic will happen, or there will be more moaning, groaning and digging,
" how the hell did you keep that jar safe??? :evil: :evil: " until Friday, the last frame being a 'surprised shout' for a good cliff hanger... :P :) :lol:
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

zachariah wrote:
donoho wrote:Katherine? :cry:
She loved spiders so she died like a spider. Squish with a swatter, newspaper, etc. Gotta be a build up to how she survived for tomorrow.

Unless Paul is planning a week and a half of guest strips just to drive us even more insane. Stay tuned to see if we find out, or we all have ourselves committed.
Oh, now you done it. Now Paul's going to shift the story to how Monica, Lilly and Suze come in on it...
Thanks a lot, Zach.

;)
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Julie

Post by Julie »

:shock: Yeah...kind of had to remind myself I couldn't hold my breath until the next page since it won't be available until tomorrow...This one's a doozy of a knucklebiter though!!
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

Oh, man! I hate when that happens!
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Jabberwonky wrote:
zachariah wrote: Unless Paul is planning a week and a half of guest strips just to drive us even more insane. Stay tuned to see if we find out, or we all have ourselves committed.
Oh, now you done it. Now Paul's going to shift the story to how Monica, Lilly and Suze come in on it...
Thanks a lot, Zach.

;)
If it's done it is already done. Paul writes these ahead you know. If he didn't he would be racing the clock every day to get it drawn, finished, inked, and posted. He still needs time to plot it out. So what happens is already decided, drawn, and ready to appear tomorrow. So I didn't put this evil little thought into his mind, it was already there. Is he now waiting to look at the forum tomorrow and chuckle gleefully as he sees our anguished cries as we are left in the dark for awhile? Or is he waiting for the sound of our chins hitting the floor as he surprises us once again with the unexpected twist.

Stay tuned fellow watchers. Same bat time, same bat channel.

That works. Kath as the dark crusader, Atsi as Robin the bird brain.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

zachariah wrote:That works. Kath as the dark crusader, Atsi as Robin the bird brain.
Must... resist.... fanart.... urge.......

Well, maybe not!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

I know of two girls who crawled into a spider.
The pueblo wiggled, and jiggled, and collapsed all outsider her.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

The page is fixed.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Opus the Poet wrote:The page is fixed.
What was wrong with it?
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Lee M

Post by Lee M »

Oh, no, the author's just killed off the heroine of the current arc in its first act! Hmm... yeah...
The paper maker is the basest of all creatures. He deprives the beggar of his rags to make white sheets for editors to lie on.
--early 20th century school essay, from Fresh Howlers, ed. H. Cecil Hunt (UK, 1930)
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

I'm reluctant to outright say "Paul wouldn't kill off Kath like that! He just wouldn't!!" but that's the gamer in me, trying not to metagame. Here in the forum, though, I'll say it: Paul WOULDN'T do that. He...he just CAN'T. I mean...he CAN, but MUST NOT. It's not...it...rrrgh...asdfjkl; exclamation point.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Dave

Post by Dave »

MerchManDan wrote:I'm reluctant to outright say "Paul wouldn't kill off Kath like that! He just wouldn't!!" but that's the gamer in me, trying not to metagame. Here in the forum, though, I'll say it: Paul WOULDN'T do that. He...he just CAN'T. I mean...he CAN, but MUST NOT. It's not...it...rrrgh...asdfjkl; exclamation point.
Possibly she'll be killed, but subject to resurrection somehow? Since this storyline is set in a desert motif, Atsali or Brandi or some other player might be able to invoke a desert spirit who could intervene. Hmmmm... and there's a vessel in the storyline, possibly sealed, possibly containing something...?

Nah. It couldn't be. There's no chance that some day soon, we'll see one of the characters we know standing in front of a now-opened vase, looking at a hazy swirling vortex of desert power, and saying "She's dead, djinn!"
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

I don't think Mr. McEldowney was planning on a crossover at this juncture.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

Anyone wanna bet about Wednesday's strip?

I think we're going to be back in Minneapolis, where no-one has any idea that Kath is in a predicament. This will, of course, cause all of us to run around screaming until the nice Mr. Taylor decides to have mercy on us.
But that won't be for a few days.
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Fairportfan wrote:
What was wrong with it?
It was stuck with the previous day's trip showing after the new strip had been uploaded (as was proven when someone entered the URL for the strip by hand). You could also reach the strip by going to the home page then clicking the "previous" button, then clicking the "next" button twice. But clicking "home" from the last comic got you back to the previous day's strip, as did doing "previous" and "last". But all is well now.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Opus the Poet wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:
What was wrong with it?
It was stuck with the previous day's trip showing after the new strip had been uploaded (as was proven when someone entered the URL for the strip by hand). You could also reach the strip by going to the home page then clicking the "previous" button, then clicking the "next" button twice. But clicking "home" from the last comic got you back to the previous day's strip, as did doing "previous" and "last". But all is well now.
Oh, okay. I ran across that early, but it was fixed fairly early, i thought.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Dave wrote:There's no chance that some day soon, we'll see one of the characters we know standing in front of a now-opened vase, looking at a hazy swirling vortex of desert power, and saying "She's dead, djinn!"
Perhaps not, but if a character were to transform into a Large fire elemental, that would be no small efreet.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)