Wapsaholics anonymous rides again...

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Opus the Poet

Re: Wapsaholics anonymous rides again...

Post by Opus the Poet »

Opus the Poet wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:05 pm So, I'm assuming most of you have seen the latest bikini picture over on Patreon?
Nevermind Pablo posted the censored versions to the page today.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Opus the Poet wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:59 am

Anything left for carnivores on the lunch cart? :twisted:
Ask Miss Annie- she's handling the galley. Doubtless there's plenty of dead animal parts awaiting your order.
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Sgt. Howard wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:41 pm
Opus the Poet wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:59 am

Anything left for carnivores on the lunch cart? :twisted:
Ask Miss Annie- she's handling the galley. Doubtless there's plenty of dead animal parts awaiting your order.
Now I'm hankering for some ribs...
(Where's a salivating emoji, when you need one...)
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Ribs are a little outside the capabilities of my current dentition, but if there is any brisket left I would appreciate a sandwich. Also need hydration and caffeination, so if someone could hustle me up another French press Kona? Sil' vous plait?
Last edited by Opus the Poet on Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

I got a large pot of hot tea, and some pastries to tide me over, thanks to the person who rustled that up for me. It's rough when your metabolism runs on caffeine and complex carbs and supplies get cut off for one reason or another.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Opus the Poet wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:22 pm Ribs are a little outside my current dentition,
What a coincidence... Me too! My ribs are about 6 to 14 inches down from my dentition... :mrgreen:

But yeah... Brisket, as well as pulled pork, that all sounds good to me.

I really need a salivating emoji, right now...

And found! 🤤
Dave

Post by Dave »

lake_wrangler wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:37 pm But yeah... Brisket, as well as pulled pork, that all sounds good to me.
I have about three pounds of pork shoulder marinating in the fridge right now, preparing for a long slow roasting and pulling tomorrow.

Orange juice, lemon juice, lime juice and lime zest, onions, garlic, oregano, fresh-ground cumin and kalonji, black pepper, olive oil, juice from some mushrooms I roasted... hoping to equal or better some very tasty citrus-marinated pork I brought home and Gwen fell in love with.

Today's dinner was a curried-red-lentils-and-coconut-milk shakshuka with eggs- an experiment which worked out quite nicely.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Yeah, citrus marinade and slow cooking results in very tender and easy-to-digest pork (and I presume beef, goat, and chicken). The tang of the citrus gets lost in the cooking but the tenderness remains.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Making another run to the Oort cloud this week, they have more diamond dust they want me to haul off if I bring them some DVDs and a couple of carbonaceous asteroids. So, a Best Buy run then a trip to the asteroid belt with nav direction from the Oort dwellers so I get the right asteroids.
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

Opus the Poet wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:01 am Making another run to the Oort cloud this week, they have more diamond dust they want me to haul off if I bring them some DVDs and a couple of carbonaceous asteroids. So, a Best Buy run then a trip to the asteroid belt with nav direction from the Oort dwellers so I get the right asteroids.
Opus, mate -

If you happen by a liquor store would you pick me up a box of Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster mix? The Beeblebroxes are coming in to visit over Yule and I like to keep it in the house. I can pre-credit your account if you wish, or catch me when you get back and I portal in to pick the stuff up.
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

And I'm back from the Oort Cloud with another 20 tons of high-grade diamond dust, and a 5 liter jug of Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster Concentrate for Al. Just add 50 liters of ethyl alcohol to the mix to make it real PGGBs. I need some coffee and a pass at the snack tray. They have what they claim is Earth seed coffee that is grown out there in the cloud, but hydroponic coffee ain't the same as Columbian no matter what they say. I'll stick with what I know. But they do have decent BBQ if you don't mind not having the smoky taste of real fire. Their cookers use radiant heat instead of fire to slow-cook their meats, so they don't overload the air scrubbers. It's still fall off the bone tender because slow cooking with radiant heat is most of the cooking in a BBQ pit, the people out in the Oort just use what I think is electric or some other clean energy source that doesn't make smoke.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Opus the Poet wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:26 am I need some coffee and a pass at the snack tray. They have what they claim is Earth seed coffee that is grown out there in the cloud, but hydroponic coffee ain't the same as Columbian no matter what they say. I'll stick with what I know.
I've heard good things about their Jamaica Blue Asteroid coffee - it's claimed that the microclimate on that particular asteroid makes all the difference.

Hard to get it, though - production is limited and the locals tend to keep the beans for themselves.
But they do have decent BBQ if you don't mind not having the smoky taste of real fire. Their cookers use radiant heat instead of fire to slow-cook their meats, so they don't overload the air scrubbers. It's still fall off the bone tender because slow cooking with radiant heat is most of the cooking in a BBQ pit, the people out in the Oort just use what I think is electric or some other clean energy source that doesn't make smoke.
Given the immense number of carbonaceous chondrites they have to work with, I'd think that they would have worked out some means of charcoal grilling by now. :?
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Lack of things to burn isn't the issue, as I said it's overloading the air scrubbers with CO2. The have actual wood from the 'ponics tanks used to grow fruit that they could use to smoke the meat, if they wanted to.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

I really want to just pack up my family into the shuttle and emigrate to the Oort Cloud settlements, but they have placed an embargo against immigrants from Earth until after the pandemic is over. They don't have access to the vaccines, so their best defense is keep the plague rats on Earth and out of their environment. I have to wear a spacesuit when I visit and if you thought a mask was annoying try humping a closed environment with you everywhere you go.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Getting literally back to Earth here, anyone heard from Pablo? He usually communicates better than this about what's going on during a hiatus.
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

Pablo is still semi-active on instergramm, posts there occasionally. He's dropped hints that he's working on something that will potentially be revealed soon-ish, or at least that's what I read between the lines. He's not dropped a sketch on eee-beigh lately.

Meanwhile, here're a couple of airplanes. :D

DSC_7399.jpeg
DSC_7399.jpeg (109.35 KiB) Viewed 8471 times
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Late Mark Spitfire (you can tell B/c cannons in wing instead of MG) and Hurricane, must be a Battle of Britain flyover. I don't read Instagram.
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

OPUS!

Opus, mate - let's talk about grit. Diamond grit, specifically.

What kind of grit ranges are you getting on average? I need a kilo or so of 1000-grit - my last supplier has dried up on me and going back to carborundum is just not on for the tumbler and hand fitting.

Talk to me, mate....
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

Opus the Poet wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:15 pm Late Mark Spitfire (you can tell B/c cannons in wing instead of MG) and Hurricane, must be a Battle of Britain flyover. I don't read Instagram.

Oops. Meant to say Twitter instead of Instagram. And then there's Patreon, he also puts stuff there.

The aircraft flew in the Wings Over Houston airshow this last October. And yes, it was a BoB tribute.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Just Old Al wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:52 pm OPUS!

Opus, mate - let's talk about grit. Diamond grit, specifically.

What kind of grit ranges are you getting on average? I need a kilo or so of 1000-grit - my last supplier has dried up on me and going back to carborundum is just not on for the tumbler and hand fitting.

Talk to me, mate....
IRL or in my fanfic? Because that space station in the Oort Cloud is fictional.