Wapsaholics anonymous rides again...

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Just Old Al

Re: Wapsaholics anonymous rides again...

Post by Just Old Al »

Opus the Poet wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:16 am
IRL or in my fanfic? Because that space station in the Oort Cloud is fictional.
[/quote]

Only if I use the PGGB mix as a slurry liquid would this be real... :)
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

OK then, I have 3 grades, 600 is the coarsest, 1000 is the middle, and then there is the 1500 grit that you really should be wearing a respirator when you use it, because it just hangs in the air like cake flour and breathing it causes silicosis. Another reason to use the space suit while I'm at the station loading up. :o
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Opus the Poet wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:16 am IRL or in my fanfic? Because that space station in the Oort Cloud is fictional.
NO! Really? Say it ain't so! I was so excited on finally having proof of life out there (proof, as in, someone who's actually met them and deals with them, not just rumors or uncorroborated stories of kidnapping)...

I am SO disappointed, now...
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

lake_wrangler wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:12 am
Opus the Poet wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:16 am IRL or in my fanfic? Because that space station in the Oort Cloud is fictional.
NO! Really? Say it ain't so! I was so excited on finally having proof of life out there (proof, as in, someone who's actually met them and deals with them, not just rumors or uncorroborated stories of kidnapping)...

Yeah, me too. I write what I want to be real. Especially the sex-starved women in low-G environments.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Just Old Al wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:04 pm
Opus the Poet wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:16 am
IRL or in my fanfic? Because that space station in the Oort Cloud is fictional.
Only if I use the PGGB mix as a slurry liquid would this be real... :)
If you need a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster with Earth-sourced ingredients I suggest for a recipe.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Opus the Poet wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:45 pm
lake_wrangler wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:12 am
Opus the Poet wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:16 amIRL or in my fanfic? Because that space station in the Oort Cloud is fictional.

Yeah, me too. I write what I want to be real. Especially the sex-starved women in low-G environments.
Reminds me of "that timeless classic", Bimbos of the Death Sun.

--FreeFlier
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Yeah, well the universe I'm pulling this from has the people I'm trading with as genetically -engineered descendants of cavemen who were kidnapped from Earth sometime between the Ice Age and the mutation that let us digest lactose past infancy (because the only people who can consume dairy are hybrids with recent humans), and part of the engineering was booby-trapping their males to be fragile to the radiation from their FTL drive as in unless kept in suspended animation inside a shielded environment, their junk either quits working or falls off if left exposed long enough. This has the effect of creating an about 6:1 female:male ratio, and lots of bisexuals, and frustrated females who aren't bi or homosexual. This is another writer's universe, I'm just taking advantage of his worldbuilding. (https://www.tmi-comic.com/)

The story I'm writing has me wrangling a shuttle from one of the women trying to buy beer of a certain brand that they can't get because the person they buy beer from is in Australia and Shiner doesn't export to Oz and their buyer can't get to Texas, so I agree to fill the shuttle full of Shiner if I get to keep the shuttle, which for some reason is agreed to, because this was a shuttle that was within a few weeks of getting decommissioned which is why it was sent on a beer run. And possibly because I used to sell United Planets shuttlepilot licenses back in the 90s, had made an example for myself so they think I can fly one. Anywho, second chapter is another beer run, this time for a limited-run seasonal beer from the same brewery, that I have to sweet-talk into selling what is basically a semi-trailer load of beer that they aren't supposed to sell more than a case of from the brewery to non-licensed distributors. I have a spaceship that I can't use to do anything except make beer runs to their outpost in Terran space (and sell CDs and DVDs to as a small part of the run, because I have to buy from retail stores at full price because I'm not a retailer who can buy in bulk), and wacky hijinks ensue when I file VFR to orbit for the trips.

As you might have been able to tell I spend a lot of time on the details of this story...