To Those in Confusion Corner

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
zachariah

To Those in Confusion Corner

Post by zachariah »

If you are sitting in the corner lounge don't worry about it. Just keep in mind a few simple rules and all will be well.

1. 99 percent of all predictions made in this forum are wrong in one way or another.
2. Those in the corner are braver than the rest of us. We don't admit when we are confused and just try to BS our way out of it.
3. Since this strip has been running since 2001 there is a wealth of information and details for us to call up and use to support our points. If you don't know about the detail Google it or check the other resources so you can become a wapsi-expert too.
4. Don't be afraid to express an opinion, it can't be any worse that the ones everyone else does.
5. Paul is smarted and trickier than all of us put together. It is fun to try and outguess him but difficult to do.

So sit back and enjoy the show. Read the comments, add your own, and don't sweat it. While you're in the corner don't forget to try the cappuccino.

Anyone else is free to add their own ideas for rules and helpful notes as well.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
jwhouk

Re: To Those in Confusion Corner

Post by jwhouk »

There is a guide to who's who in the comic, in case you can't keep them straight:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/111993944/Wap ... Characters
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

zachariah wrote:If you are sitting in the corner lounge don't worry about it. Just keep in mind a few simple rules and all will be well.

So sit back and enjoy the show. Read the comments, add your own, and don't sweat it. While you're in the corner don't forget to try the cappuccino.

You forgot to mention the great baked goods from Master Baker Becky.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Julie

Post by Julie »

Oh I think that several of us residents of The Corner know it's cool to be confused. If nothing else, at least by taking up residence here we get some pretty sweet perks (as Mark N has pointed out, the baked goods are fantastic)! :P
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Hmmm.... :idea: *gasp* I-DEAAAAA!!!

What if we took up a collection & commisioned Paul to draw the Confusion Corner, complete with visitors/residents?!? How cool would that be??
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

MerchManDan wrote:Hmmm.... :idea: *gasp* I-DEAAAAA!!!

What if we took up a collection & commisioned Paul to draw the Confusion Corner, complete with visitors/residents?!? How cool would that be??
It's already been done by Escher.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

zachariah wrote:

I don't remember any of his work being actually creepy...
:P
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Jabberwonky wrote:
zachariah wrote:

I don't remember any of his work being actually creepy...
:P
I was referring to his print Relativity. It seems to fit the corner perfectly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Esche ... tivity.jpg
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

SOT - I wonder if anyone has made cookie-cutters of Escher tessellations?
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

zachariah wrote:I was referring to his print Relativity. It seems to fit the corner perfectly.

I copied that by hand once just eyeballing it. Then someone spilled paint on it. :(

The idea of including all the forumites takes me back to the Megatokyo forums when someone actually worked everyone's avatars into a fan comic.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Julie

Post by Julie »

zachariah wrote:I was referring to his print Relativity. It seems to fit the corner perfectly.

I disagree. I think that the Confusion Corner is significantly more comfortable and cozy looking than that. :P Besides, his piece doesn't show my couch-bed and mini-fridge...so it's obviously an inaccurate representation. ;)
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

Julie wrote:

I disagree. I think that the Confusion Corner is significantly more comfortable and cozy looking than that. :P Besides, his piece doesn't show my couch-bed and mini-fridge...so it's obviously an inaccurate representation. ;)
Can't you see it in that half-open door? Or maybe it's that other door over there.... Anyway, I know it's beyond a staircase, and a door SOMEwhere.
txmystic

Post by txmystic »

Ahhhh, confusion corner...many delicacies abound over here, and many more are always welcomed...

...and appreciated...

...by me...

cuz, you know, food&drink go very well with outrageous speculation...
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

And if you can't currently find an empty spot on the comfy couches, I've got extra spider-web hammocks to string up among the top shelves. It's really cozy up here on the high corners.
illiad

Post by illiad »

"Can't you see it in that half-open door? Or maybe it's that other door over there...." just to keep you confused, it's most likely both!!! :lol: :lol:
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

illiad wrote:"Can't you see it in that half-open door? Or maybe it's that other door over there...." just to keep you confused, it's most likely both!!! :lol: :lol:
Actually, the problem is more often, like Alice in Wonderland, if you can SEE it, the way to get there is to go the opposite direction . . .