Wapsi Square Update 2021-06-28

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Dave

Wapsi Square Update 2021-06-28

Post by Dave »

AnotherFairportfan

Re: Wapsi Square Update 2021-06-28

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

How DARE he?
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Anyone besides me notice the new character tag, "Thistle"?

Since the only one I could recognize was Dale I have zero idea as to which one was Thistle.

Edit: Well it turns out that they are all new except Dale, which was why that was the only one I knew. I could have sworn I had seen the other names before in-comic. :geek:
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Leak

Post by Leak »

Well, if anybody wants something to read in the interim, Stjepan Sejic has been posting hi-res PDFs of one of my favourite comics - his creator-owned fantasy comic Death Vigil - on his DeviantArt account:

Issues 1-4
Issues 5-8

It's been published for quite a while now, and while it didn't sell well enough for him to continue doing single issues (he's sadly never been that great at marketing his own stuff, except maybe Sunstone) he's currently working on volume 2 (among four other comics in parallel) via his Patreon.
AnotherFairportfan

If you are looking for another comic that's as much fun as Wapsi Square, may i recommend Calogrenant, the tale of a newly-made Knight of the Round Table who runs into some ... interesting ... magic in the dark forest. Including a few filler pages, there are 436 pages of it so far, and it updates at least semi-regularly.

Some pages {mostly from the beginning}:
Some time later, as she narrates her amazing tale:
As they set out for Camelot after Calogrenant has dressed in a more seemly manner:

and Oxford, 1902:
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Dave

Post by Dave »

AnotherFairportfan wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:19 am How DARE he?
He draws Monica. Monica can Glyph-control three (at least) golems, two (at least) of whom are capable of turning the whole planet into a finely-divided pile of ash. (Bud would do it directly. Brandi would trick the planet into diving into the Sun.)

He also draws Atsali, who is quite capable of punching a triple-sized bear into a coma.

Not least, he draws Castela, who is apparently capable of squashing our entire space-time continuum into a coma and then turning it into ash.

I think that as far as Wapsi goes, he can do darned well what he likes. It's not so much a question of "dare", it's a question of "Well, are you volunteering to be the person who annoys him with silly demands, to the point at which he draws a strip with you as the cameo human sacrifice?"

Not that i think he would... but he surely could. ;)
AnotherFairportfan

Are the images in my last post visible?
Leak

Post by Leak »

AnotherFairportfan wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:23 pm Are the images in my last post visible?
Yes.

A neat trick to check if pics you linked will show up after making a post is opening the same thread in your browser's private browsing mode - that bypasses the regular cache, and if something can't be downloaded without you being logged in/authenticated at the image's source you'll immediately see it.
AnotherFairportfan

Leak wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:25 pm
AnotherFairportfan wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:23 pm Are the images in my last post visible?
Yes.

A neat trick to check if pics you linked will show up after making a post is opening the same thread in your browser's private browsing mode - that bypasses the regular cache, and if something can't be downloaded without you being logged in/authenticated at the image's source you'll immediately see it.
Hadn't thought of that; i just cleared the cache to check, and it LOOKED okay - but then i happened to drop by here on my phone and it showed me "broken image" tags...
AnotherFairportfan

In the context of Castela sharing her woes with Cthulhu:

Calogrenant goes to her aunt by marriage, Morgan le Fey, for training in magic and in how to be a woman
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

AnotherFairportfan wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:34 pm In the context of Castela sharing her woes with Cthulhu:

Calogrenant goes to her aunt by marriage, Morgan le Fey, for training in magic and in how to be a woman
I just spent the past two days power binging on this 'toon... BLOODY AWSOME!
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
AnotherFairportfan

...and it's all pretty solidly based in Arthurian legend.