Which Way 2013-02-25

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
shadowinthelight

Which Way 2013-02-25

Post by shadowinthelight »

Honestly don't know what Kat is thinking.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Dave

Re: Which Way 2013-02-25

Post by Dave »

She's thinking "A niche in time, saves nine."
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

"Why is there a stairway going nowhere?"
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Just when did Atsi find time to grab the vase???? Must have been a panic action, or plot support. lol.

The alcove is like a doorway. Safest place in an earth quake. Unlikely it will collapse. It probably leads somewhere as well. Why carve steps in a wall unless something else was planned. Could be a hidden entrance or exit.

The hourglass on the spider kinda means black widow you know. So exactly what type of spider god are they thinking about with this?
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
donoho

Post by donoho »

Two panes, with a view of the mysterious vase, with a spider/beetle with an hour glass on its abdomen suggests importance. Otherwise I'll be chillin in patiently confused corner.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Opus the Poet wrote:"Why is there a stairway going nowhere?"
From the angle it could be a optical illusion and you can't see the tunnel, or stairs, leading somewhere. It could just be an air vent of the route. There is noting to say the sloping roof and area behind it is solid after all. It will lead down or level if there is one.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
TheSkulker

Post by TheSkulker »

Where are the rumbles? Ominous silence before the storm or mind worm???
We want to see the unexpected! The strange and terrible!
A dream merely soothes - but our nightmares make us run!
GG 07-15-13
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

The stairway will lead to the cockpit after the transformation.
:P
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

Looks like there are at least two different spiders on the vase. This could get very interesting...and creepy.
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Jabberwonky wrote:The stairway will lead to the cockpit after the transformation.
:P
Or if they climb in and it collapses we'll know it was a stairway to heaven.

*drops some vintage vinyl into the pun jar*
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

It's a representation of one of the jaggedy Black Widow's legs. There may be a larger whole representation after the collapse/transformation. Stepping into the alcove is, symbolically at least, accepting the protection of the jaggedy Black Widow aspect...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

There's a lady who knows how the spiders unfold,
and she's buying a stairway to heaven.
If it works, then she knows if the doors are all closed
that the spell will give her what she came for.

Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh, and she's buying a stairway to heaven.

There's a cove in the wall but she wants to be sure,
'Cause you know sometimes fate gives two choices.
On a rock by the sea, there's a siren who sings;
sometimes all of our thoughts are misgiven.

Ooh, it makes me wonder
Ooh, it makes me wonder
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Given the resemblance between the shape of the alcove & the spider legs, it stands to reason there's some relation. Perhaps the alcove is a small part of a larger picture - an enormous bas-relief depiction of the Spider Spirit. Though why it would be partly concealed by the construction of walls & ceilings is a mystery.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

MerchManDan wrote:Given the resemblance between the shape of the alcove & the spider legs, it stands to reason there's some relation. Perhaps the alcove is a small part of a larger picture - an enormous bas-relief depiction of the Spider Spirit. Though why it would be partly concealed by the construction of walls & ceilings is a mystery.
That is a very interesting observation about the shape. It does resemble one of the legs, or part of a leg. This could be a very large picture that takes up several floors of wall space to show it. The collapsing floors could simply be to reveal the entire picture, kinda like a great big door opening to show the wall behind it. That would put their exit in the center of the spider to be revealed. After everything else falls just climb the leg. The falling parts won't damage it making being in the leg the safest place to be.
Heck the way these things work the entire image may just come alive you know. Then the girls are in for a hairy ride.

Spider, Spider on the wall....

This is going to be one kick Bas spider.

Drops a Bas tub in the pun jar.
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

It may be the stairs continue to go down, that view being obscured by the thin, lighter colored wall in front of the lower step. Why the stairs also go up is a mystery. Maybe they were commissioned by Sarah Winchester.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
sonicthunder

Post by sonicthunder »

Add me to the confused pile. Not over the alcove, but where did that vase come into the picture? Almost like Kat's thinking the same thing in Panel#3.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

sonicthunder wrote:Add me to the confused pile. Not over the alcove, but where did that vase come into the picture? Almost like Kat's thinking the same thing in Panel#3.
It makes sense if Asti is Phix or someone else. The vase was NOT taken into the room with the ladder. Kath told her to follow quickly and she said yes and did. So when was there time to get the thing. The only way was for her to flash back into the other room grab it and run. In a panic situation you don't do things like that because they take thought, not just reacting. To just react you go down the ladder.
Kath's look is probably the realization something else is going on in this game. Whoever is pulling the strings just handily arranged for the vase to be saved. She also spotted the spider leg shape. So her light bulb went off.
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

zachariah wrote:Just when did Atsi find time to grab the vase???? Must have been a panic action, or plot support. lol.
TheSkulker wrote:Where are the rumbles? Ominous silence before the storm or mind worm???
This room is being held still by an as-yet unrevealed force, and the vase appeared in Atsali's arms because she can poit and regenerate just fine. Though she was about to explain all that in panel two, she decided against it, because ADVENTURE.

Now hurry up and buy Kath a car so she can drive home and feed Oscar.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
Lee M

Post by Lee M »

Atsali found a vital clue after taking pot.

Hey, somebody had to say it.
The paper maker is the basest of all creatures. He deprives the beggar of his rags to make white sheets for editors to lie on.
--early 20th century school essay, from Fresh Howlers, ed. H. Cecil Hunt (UK, 1930)
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Lee M wrote:Atsali found a vital clue after taking pot.

Hey, somebody had to say it.
You are right. It was obviously planted there to be found. They didn't leaf it alone either.