Keep Looking 2013-02-21

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Fairportfan

Re: Keep Looking 2013-02-21

Post by Fairportfan »

DinkyInky wrote:I must say, I prefer a good old fashioned Wardrobe.

Now, combine an old wardrobe with the TARDIS, and you might get something near to interesting. Oh, and add Baker's Doctor, because scarves are sexy.
Well, except for the Fourth Doctor...
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Julie

Post by Julie »

That's the problem with bringing along an adventurer who's used to wings...she's not as likely to look down for a way out. :)
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
wwf

Post by wwf »

Reminds me of when I was at Atsali's age.
Picture a group of rowdy teenagers in a large station wagon with someone's mom driving.
The mom is backing out of a blind driveway.
The mom inches out the car.
Mom (to son): Are there any cars coming?
Son: No.
Mom pushes on the gas and lurches out into the street. HONK! SCREECH!
Mom (to son): I thought you said there were no cars coming!
Son: It was a truck.
Heh-Heh Thats Funny, Johny. But T'aint the way I hear'd it. One feller says to another as hes backin' out arethere cars comin'? the other feller says "Nope just a dog" after the crash the first feller says "I thought you said a dog/" and the second feller said "Yup, a GREYHOUND!" :lol:
I didn't think it was funny. I was in the back of the station wagon at that time.
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

"Ye find yeself in yon dungeon. Ye see a SCROLL. Behind ye scroll is a FLASK. Obvious exits are NORTH, SOUTH and DENNIS."

Beware the load-bearing FLASK!
sheik

Post by sheik »

IMHO the rumbling is going on way too long.
There's something else afoot, and it's not some dinky structural collapse.
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

TheSkulker wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:Is Katherine having problems with her leg?
Don't think so but she is dizzy and disoriented. See the stars (uh, asteroids), circling her head?
Her head cuts and bleeding indicate she must have taken a pretty good blow to her head.
Let's hope she doesn't have a concussion or worse, internal bleeding.
Funny how a few days ago some of the forum was complaining about "unrealistic cartoon physics" and lack of injury. ;)
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

as363 wrote:. And they could provide a sling for the injured arm immediately - as well as a bandage for Kat's head. Girl Power par excellence !!
i don't know, i think the doctor is still cleaning up her office after Sydney destroyed the ceiling during her Noodle Incident... I'm not sure if any one else on the team knows first aid...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

Dave wrote:
Wyvern wrote:Katherine, wounded and shaken or not, is realizing that she's going to have to do all the heavy thinking in this adventure.

Today's exchange is completely plausible to anyone who's ever worked tech support.
You're saying that Atsali couldn't find the "any" key?
There are more terrifying tech support stories than that :shock:

http://www.snopes.com/humor/business/wordperfect.asp

Which, while listed as False, is actually true up until the line that includes, "Do you still have the boxes and manuals and packing stuff your computer came in?". From there it is what the tech support wanted to say.

I first saw a photocopy of a photocopy of a photocopy of that story pinned to the wall of a computer shop many years ago now, and having helped friends of friends in the past with computers I knew it to be a true story long before I saw it on Snopes.
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

This whole bit is a scene from West Slide Story. They're singing, Gonna be a rumble tonight, in the background. Then Kath breaks out into the song, There's a place for us. The spider plays Tony. After all guys often appear to have eight arms at times.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

sheik wrote:IMHO the rumbling is going on way too long. There's something else afoot, and it's not some dinky structural collapse.
First they have to get out of the small collapsing rooms. Only then do they see the giant rolling stone ball.
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

TheSkulker wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:Is Katherine having problems with her leg?
Don't think so but she is dizzy and disoriented. See the stars (uh, asteroids), circling her head?
Her head cuts and bleeding indicate she must have taken a pretty good blow to her head.
Let's hope she doesn't have a concussion or worse, internal bleeding.
Pssssst... totally NOT asteroids... SPIDER EGGS!!!

Muwahahahahahahahahahaaaa!!!
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Looking at that last panel, I can almost hear Kath think "...are you freakin' serious??" :lol:
Julie wrote:That's the problem with bringing along an adventurer who's used to wings...she's not as likely to look down for a way out. :)
"Remember: The enemy's gate is DOWN."

Context: I just finished reading Ender's Game, so of course that phrase is the first thing to come to mind whenever I see the word "down" now.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

sheik wrote:IMHO the rumbling is going on way too long.
There's something else afoot, and it's not some dinky structural collapse.
Dinky's having a structural collapse? Doesn't she know to buy bras from Lydia? :shock:
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous