Speaking Of 2021-03-23

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
lake_wrangler

Speaking Of 2021-03-23

Post by lake_wrangler »

Has Katherine been moving up the ranks of MIB? She seems to be quite the take-charge lady, there, with some interesting solutions...

Her assistant seems to be quite on top of things, when it comes to paranormal phenomenon (tuh tuh, tuh tuh tuh...)
Atomic

Re: Speaking Of 2021-03-23

Post by Atomic »

Open portal and jump through without a fingerprint. In other words, Earth is now open to surprise invasion from unknown sources who leave no trace.

Whoopsie!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Atomic wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:31 pm Open portal and jump through without a fingerprint. In other words, Earth is now open to surprise invasion from unknown sources who leave no trace.

Whoopsie!
Well, one.

Do you really think that any eldritch horror would risk bumping heads ... errr ... appendages Castela ,,, with Aunts Bud and Monica for backup, too?
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Atomic wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:31 pm Open portal and jump through without a fingerprint. In other words, Earth is now open to surprise invasion from unknown sources who leave no trace.

Whoopsie!
Reminds me a bit of the situation in Diane Duane's "High Wizardry" when newly-inducted wizard Dairine snuck off (on what amounted to the start of her Ordeal) by opening a portal from a stall in a museum's rest room.

Her sister Nita and Nita's partner Kit had to shut down the portal afterwards. As Kit told their Advisors,

"Dairine went to Mars. And, she left the door open."
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

AnotherFairportfan wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:37 pm

Whoopsie!
Well, one.

Do you really think that any eldritch horror would risk bumping heads ... errr ... appendages Castela ,,, with Aunts Bud and Monica for backup, too?
Why assume they know what they're getting in to? Ooooh - an open portal? Let's see what's there!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Does Pablo draw Pickle with the stamen eyes when there are a lot of girls who look similar to her human form because of his drawing style, or when Castela is slightly flummoxed by what's going on, or some of column A, some of slot B?
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Opus the Poet wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:47 amDoes Pablo draw Pickle with the stamen eyes when there are a lot of girls who look similar to her human form because of his drawing style, or when Castela is slightly flummoxed by what's going on, or some of column A, some of slot B?
I think it's mostly when she's letting her human disguise slip a bit . . . frequently because she's flummoxed or discombobulated.

--FreeFlier
Dave

Post by Dave »

FreeFlier wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:56 am I think it's mostly when she's letting her human disguise slip a bit . . . frequently because she's flummoxed or discomboobulated.
Fixed that for you.

One who's only slightly more evil than I am, would agree that you have anthered the question correctly. Castela's eyes revert to their true form when the situation has her feeling pistil-whipped and without enough stamena to deal with it in human form. She's getting better at keeping up human form under stress, though... bractice makes perfect.

(Dave puts some goldenrod into the Pun Jar)
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

* ahem * ahem *

♪♫ mi mi mi ♫♪

hsssssss
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Dave wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:07 am
FreeFlier wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:56 amI think it's mostly when she's letting her human disguise slip a bit . . . frequently because she's flummoxed or discomboobulated.
Fixed that for you.
True, she is . . . and so is Nadette, since Atsali went away to college.
Dave wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:07 amOne who's only slightly more evil than I am, would agree that you have anthered the question correctly. Castela's eyes revert to their true form when the situation has her feeling pistil-whipped and without enough stamena to deal with it in human form. She's getting better at keeping up human form under stress, though... bractice makes perfect.

(Dave puts some goldenrod into the Pun Jar)
/flrrd holding nose/

--FreeFlier