I Can Help 2013-02-04

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Fairportfan

Re: I Can Help 2013-02-04

Post by Fairportfan »

scantrontb wrote:well, yeah, but I'll hazard as guess with a name like "Dave" you aren't a tween female either :D ... I'm sure if he were out there on some rocks replacing the Sirens of old, and the sailors were replaced with tween fems, they'd go crashing into the rocks just the same as the older sailors in our mythology were... have you SEEN some videos of some of his concerts? He's almost as bad as Elvis, and the Beatles were to our generation.
Old joke:

Q: What has a hundred legs and no pubic hair?

A: Front row at a New Kids on the Block concert.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Jabberwonky wrote:
Atomic wrote:Ah.. somebody doesn't want Phix to know something....
Phix has made it known that she's not fond of 'adventurers'.
Heh. I figure she might be just a kid who doesn't want to chance getting banned from the Library until she's eighteen for getting onto the "Adult" stacks...
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

Atomic wrote:
.....Hmmm... What if she's in to Rockabilly? Blues, maybe? Or 1940s Big Band? She could be a musical powerhouse! Of course, she could just be a moocher... you never can tell.

Carefully puts bright pink '54 Caddy ragtop into Pun Jar.
Most Excellent selections,Sir.
Fairportfan wrote: Heh. I figure she might be just a kid who doesn't want to chance getting banned from the Library until she's eighteen for getting onto the "Adult" stacks...
Curses, "Fairportfan", You beat me to it. Really sounds like someone who may get in trouble for being in The Library. Or like Sarah Jane (or Leela) when she snuck on board the TARDIS looking for adventure. ;)
Sphinx-Napped

Post by Sphinx-Napped »

why am i sensing a derpy moment....

/derpy hooves voice: "i just dont know what went wrong"

is all i can think about with the siren saying trust me
Punjar repair man, that recently up graded the pun jar to 2.0 now with self defense and and evil ai that will try to kill you, if you even try to hurt it for doing its job...
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

TlalocW wrote: TlalocW - standing tall and proud in defiance of the pun jar
Be warned standing tall is not a good idea. The pun jar can afford excellent cat-sassins and snipers. Someone will be sure to turn you in. In this case I think that the pun jar will reward whistle blowers. In fact I definitely need to earn some points with it.

Pun Jar: You have been told. Meet me at the 59th street bridge entrance.
Signed- Deep Cleavage. (The other one is over used.)
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

I love the look of abject panic on Atsali's face when Kath says she was going to ask Phix... Things that make you go 'hmmmmm'...
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
sonicthunder

Post by sonicthunder »

Julie wrote:Meh...I recall that Phix actually was nice to/liked Kat when she was there before, and given that she was obviously invited to visit the Library again sans Monica, I doubt that she'd be mishandled by our phavorite sphinx. :) What's more likely IMO, is that Phix would redirect Kat to one of the group who could either deter her or would take over the "adventure" and leave Kat out of the loop (for her own good, of course). Without Phix's involvement, the trip could still be a go, and it would be much more adventurous (and probably dangerous given what we've seen before).
True, but Monica is Phix's favorite humie (sans maybe Shelly now due to relations), and look at all the stuff Phix has done to M. Monica may whine, but she's tough enough (mentally, emotionally, and physically) to endure whatever Phix may dish. Kat not so much (at least yet).
Julie

Post by Julie »

sonicthunder wrote:
Julie wrote:Meh...I recall that Phix actually was nice to/liked Kat when she was there before, and given that she was obviously invited to visit the Library again sans Monica, I doubt that she'd be mishandled by our phavorite sphinx. :) What's more likely IMO, is that Phix would redirect Kat to one of the group who could either deter her or would take over the "adventure" and leave Kat out of the loop (for her own good, of course). Without Phix's involvement, the trip could still be a go, and it would be much more adventurous (and probably dangerous given what we've seen before).
True, but Monica is Phix's favorite humie (sans maybe Shelly now due to relations), and look at all the stuff Phix has done to M. Monica may whine, but she's tough enough (mentally, emotionally, and physically) to endure whatever Phix may dish. Kat not so much (at least yet).
But we have learned that the punchy-killy-death that Phix inflicted on M was accidental. Phix wouldn't have done it if she'd had the chance to react to M's poit...especially since she didn't know that M could regenerate. :) So I think we can overlook (to an extent) what Phix has done to M when considering how she'd treat Kat.
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

shadowinthelight wrote:15 years old. No, she's not a naive schoolgirl at all...
Who said she's in school at all?
sonicthunder

Post by sonicthunder »

Julie wrote:
sonicthunder wrote:
But we have learned that the punchy-killy-death that Phix inflicted on M was accidental. Phix wouldn't have done it if she'd had the chance to react to M's poit...especially since she didn't know that M could regenerate. :) So I think we can overlook (to an extent) what Phix has done to M when considering how she'd treat Kat.
Unless someone else agitated her beforehand. Then there's the chance Monica could walk into the library only to see Phix enjoying another snack.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

bmonk wrote:
She sounds like a British schoolgirl from a school/holiday story.

All Paul would have to do is throw in one "jolly" or "ever so", and that would make it definite.
=====================
=====================
mike weber
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

Fairportfan wrote:
bmonk wrote:
She sounds like a British schoolgirl from a school/holiday story.

All Paul would have to do is throw in one "jolly" or "ever so", and that would make it definite.
My point was like the fellow you accuse of being a grouchy old curmudgeon, and he replies, "That's wrong! I am NOT old!"
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Clarifying: I didn't mean she's actually in school - i meant she sounds like a schoolgirl in a British school novel for girls.
=====================
=====================
mike weber
illiad

Post by illiad »

Fairportfan wrote:Clarifying: I didn't mean she's actually in school - i meant she sounds like a schoolgirl in a British school novel for girls.
surely it would depend on her culture - in UK at least you cannot leave school legally until 16.... :)
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

illiad wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:Clarifying: I didn't mean she's actually in school - i meant she sounds like a schoolgirl in a British school novel for girls.
surely it would depend on her culture - in UK at least you cannot leave school legally until 16.... :)
Yeah - but some schoolgirls never get older than fifteen or so, anyway.

Even when they're forty-three.

(Just to pull a number out of somewhere.)
=====================
=====================
mike weber
illiad

Post by illiad »

well it depends if you have your looks!! :roll: also depending on your Japanese fantasy.... :twisted:

whatever 'earth' age she is really , she is young enough to find an excuse to escape the 'boring old people' (yeah teens think 25 is old!... :/ ) - I am guessing she needs an 'earth' person to get the portal to open.. (damned nanny, stopping me gettin' thru... :x )