2013-02-03 LOST DOLLS

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Julie

Re: 2013-02-03 LOST DOLLS

Post by Julie »

MerchManDan wrote:As it happens, I viewed this update just before bed last night; guess what I dreamed of? Sadly, not Kath. Here's the story, if anyone's interested:
EDITED: Creepy Dream
*whimper* Yep...definitely sleeping in the guest rooom with the lights on tonight...

Also, I liked Kat a lot more before she was associated with the brown recluse. While I'm not specifically upset by brown recluses, I cannot handle spiders in general. I'm seriously hoping that we don't get up to our elbows in them in the comic. :cry:

That said, Kat does look quite smashing as that pin-up (as long as I kind of blur my vision enough not to see the creepy-crawlies everywhere around her).
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Opus the Poet wrote:I just realized I recognized 2 of the "dolls" shown in the picture, the two closest to Katherine on our left (her right). The one with the bees is Bee Woman (rough translation, also called Honey woman) and the next one over is (one of many) variation on the Hopi Eagle Woman doll. Have you ever had that gnawing at you (I know this, what is it and where do I know it from)?
Horribly often. Generally over a snatch of music or a "that reminds me of a movie i can't quite name..." moment.

It goes with what Kate calls my "magpie mind" that holds on to all sorts of scraps of trivia.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Opus the Poet wrote:I just realized I recognized 2 of the "dolls" shown in the picture, the two closest to Katherine on our left (her right). The one with the bees is Bee Woman (rough translation, also called Honey woman) and the next one over is (one of many) variation on the Hopi Eagle Woman doll. Have you ever had that gnawing at you (I know this, what is it and where do I know it from)?
Noooo... I can't say I've ever been gnawed on by a Hopi Eagle Woman doll... I imagine its quite painful though... :lol: *tosses a brass military unit challenge coin blindly over my shoulder as I walk out, hearing it bounce off the bar, against the wall and into the pun jar with a resounding thunk... nothing but ne... er... jar... hehe
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

Well, I guess Paul really wants to do a proper web comic.