Kinda Important 2021-03-02

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
lake_wrangler

Kinda Important 2021-03-02

Post by lake_wrangler »

Um, guys? I... think Castela is trying to get your attention...
FreeFlier

Re: Kinda Important 2021-03-02

Post by FreeFlier »

A little stressed/irritated there, Cass?

--FreeFlier
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Fully-human-form Daylla is cute,
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

I think one of three things are going to happen, in regards to that eldritch horror walking around in the distance in the last panel.

1. Castela is going to fry it.
2. It's going to actually not be a threat. (Probably ask for $3.50, even if it isn't the Loch Ness Monster).
3. The gate will be closed before it can get through.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
AnotherFairportfan

I noticed that.

Thought it looked like a tree, but i wondered why its roots were bare if it was.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
ziggy78eog

Post by ziggy78eog »

Oh! This, this is not good. Opening a portal, unintentionally mind you, to Lovecraftian horrors, is not good at all. Principal Anderson is going to have a hard enough time explaining this to the School Board, let alone MIB. Cass just bypassed all the safety measures, to prevent this kind of thing from occurring.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Well, what's the worst that's likely to happen? The gateway tears wide-open, the World Grid shorts out, all the Lovecraftian horrors of a billion hell-dimensions come oozing through, and every living entity is condemned to spend eternity sipping Nescafé while sitting through an endless series of presentations encouraging them to invest in timeshare vacation homes in R'lyeh.

Yeah, this could be bad. If there's one thing that 4000 years of civilization have taught us, it's that timeshare contracts are very difficult to get out of with your soul intact.

Castela is definitely going to get detention for this little stunt.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

This must be a new power Cass just got from "talking" with her Blackthorn "roots" (might actually be her roots, probably isn't). I say that because we have never seen that particular pattern manifesting outside of those time Cass couldn't pull herself together, particularly that time she fell down the stairs. This looks similar, except for that Earth-shaking Kathonk.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
AnotherFairportfan

First thing i thought when i got to the final panel was that Castela had somerhow transported them to Pepper & Carrot's universe:
tree.jpg
tree.jpg (56.53 KiB) Viewed 9036 times
MaynardGKrebs

Post by MaynardGKrebs »

Note to self: Do not ignore or EVER perturb Cass!
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Dave wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:16 am Well, what's the worst that's likely to happen? The gateway tears wide-open, the World Grid shorts out, all the Lovecraftian horrors of a billion hell-dimensions come oozing through, and every living entity is condemned to spend eternity sipping Nescafé while sitting through an endless series of presentations encouraging them to invest in timeshare vacation homes in R'lyeh.

Yeah, this could be bad. If there's one thing that 4000 years of civilization have taught us, it's that timeshare contracts are very difficult to get out of with your soul intact. . . .
Unless you're Owen Z. Pitt, combat accountant . . . the man who lived the american dream: he threw his boss out a 13th floor window and then threw the boss's desk on top of him.

--FreeFlier
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Which is the real reason tall buildings never have a 13th floor.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Alkarii wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:37 am Which is the real reason tall buildings never have a 13th floor.
It was too expensive to hire one combat accountant per building?
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Okay, it was the fourteenth story . . . I couldn't remember, and the 13th just sounded better.

It's a good series. . . . but once you've saved the world, what do you do for an encore?

--FreeFlier