Mapimi Desert 2103-01-29

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Fairportfan

Mapimi Desert 2103-01-29

Post by Fairportfan »

Kachina dolls?

Ruh.

Roh.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
shadowinthelight

Re: Mapimi Desert 2103-01-29

Post by shadowinthelight »

And so it begins. (I don't know what "it" is, I just know it's beginning)
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Ah, and now the worm turns back to The M.I.B. and the New Girls on the block. :roll: I kinda wonder how she will react to vampires and a Jaguar Girl. ;)
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Mark N wrote:Ah, and now the worm turns back to The M.I.B. and the New Girls on the block. :roll: I kinda wonder how she will react to vampires and a Jaguar Girl. ;)
If certain recent suggestions about Katherine are anywhere near on target, the real question may be how the vampires will react to her!

They do have certain things in common which may help them to bond, of course... they've all three been traumatized by exposure to the same rather threatening sphinx-in-pince-nez.
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

Hey, Katherine has the same utility-room decor that we saw in Monica's office! ;) Same floor, other end of the building, as I recall. It looks dark, though; she was supposed to have that ceiling light fixed years ago.
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Think the Museum has enough fundage to send Kat on a field trip to the desert? If not, I bet the MIB's do....
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

NOTDilbert wrote:Think the Museum has enough fundage to send Kat on a field trip to the desert? If not, I bet the MIB's do....
Who do you think is most likely one of the Museums biggest boosters?? :roll:
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

NOTDilbert wrote:Think the Museum has enough fundage to send Kat on a field trip to the desert? If not, I bet the MIB's do....
If she finds anything Kat will probably ask Monica to join her and provide a 'lift'.

Of course, you don't get any passenger miles while 'poiting'.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

This strip is really good at showing the best of Katherine. The first panel shows that she has a relatively nice figure (we're all not happy with something about our figures and that goes for guys too!) and the second panel shows that she has a rather attractive face (ok, I know this is a comic strip, but bear with me) and she has a very nice personality when she is able to work up the courage to alk to people... She obviously knows her stuff on the job. We've been let in on the fact that the thing that freaks people out is her "spider eyes". I don't think I've ever run into anyone who hadtheir entire eye black... but I have seen people with their pupils completely dialated (Mydriasis, which is a condition that causes the pupils to dialate all the way open caused by trauma, medical dialation or drug use). The only other thing I can think of that even closely resembles the "all black eyes" that Katherine has is the alien occupied people in X Files. You know, when the oily black substance gets them, their eyes turn all black? Sound familiar now? Other than that, the only other options I know of are contacts or Eyeball tatooing (owie... just.... owie).

Glad to see Kath defeated the door!
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

DilyV wrote:The only other thing I can think of that even closely resembles the "all black eyes" that Katherine has is the alien occupied people in X Files. You know, when the oily black substance gets them, their eyes turn all black? Sound familiar now? Other than that, the only other options I know of are contacts or Eyeball tatooing (owie... just.... owie).
Same goes for those possessed by demons on Supernatural.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

But those people in the Wapsiverse have silver "ornaments" hanging in their eyes, instead....
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
displaced

Post by displaced »

Fairportfan wrote:Kachina dolls?

Ruh.

Roh.
my exact thoughts on this one .
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Kachinas, eh? I wonder if they'll run in to a Thunderbird? Or maybe the Pahana?
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

Looks like Kat is about to put 'Two and Two' together. Thiiis should be fun. Lets watch, shall we? :)
Julie

Post by Julie »

Yay!! Field trip time!! :D
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
as363

Post by as363 »

Julie wrote:Yay!! Field trip time!! :D

As apposed to tripping in the field ?? (:>))
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

jwhouk wrote:But those people in the Wapsiverse have silver "ornaments" hanging in their eyes, instead....
I think out of all the Wapsiverse characters, Tina is by far my favorite. She's possessed by demons and without a soul, but that doesn't stop her from being a good person. Take the time to read some of he strips that she's in... if you didn't know better, you'd swear she had a soul. She's kind, friendly, helpful, thoughtful, and makes a mean cuppa joe. Tina's will to live transcended her soul's ability to survive. She's amazing!
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Dave

Post by Dave »

DilyV wrote:
jwhouk wrote:But those people in the Wapsiverse have silver "ornaments" hanging in their eyes, instead....
I think out of all the Wapsiverse characters, Tina is by far my favorite. She's possessed by demons and without a soul, but that doesn't stop her from being a good person. Take the time to read some of he strips that she's in... if you didn't know better, you'd swear she had a soul. She's kind, friendly, helpful, thoughtful, and makes a mean cuppa joe. Tina's will to live transcended her soul's ability to survive. She's amazing!
I think you're right - she's several kinds of amazing.

The fact that her demons were (with Nudge's covert help) able to pick up the shattered shards of Tina's existence, "run the ship", and (without access to any of Tina's memories or their own) build a new life for her in such a helpful and supportive role is amazing. As you say, this does seem to suggest that there's something about the original Tina which remains as an influence, beyond both soul and memory, and was "working" within her all along. The new demon-collective "Tina 2" has always been loyal to the memory of the woman who once was (hence the effigy she keeps in her basement) and is trying to honor her by doing right.

The other thing that's amazing is what has been happening lately. If what Phix and Connie and Shelly and Nudge have been discussing is correct (and if I'm interpreting it correctly), Tina 2.1 is evolving into something new and nearly unprecedented. By working together so closely as a collective "coven", by taking on moral dilemmas from the human point of view, by "wearing" the role of a human so closely and faithfully, Tina may be becoming human herself... in a sense "growing" a soul. We've had hints that the human soul may be the "glue" which binds a collection of psychological factors together into a single intelligence and being... that seems to be how Connie was created out of Shelly's demons. Tina may be approaching the same goal from a different angle... by doing the hard work herself.

We've read about Tina 1. We've seen Tina 2.0 and Tina 2.1.

I hope that we'll be fortunate enough to meet Tina 3 someday. I think she's going to be just as amazing as her predecessors. If she does manage to self-ensoul, it could be a soft and subtle change that other people might not immediately notice... but I have a feeling that it could be an event which might shake up the Wapsiverse just as much as the awakening of a new subTitan or a feral Sphinx/Titan hybrid. It could change everything.

You... are The One Who Was. You... are The One Who Is. And you... are The One Who Will Be.
(Zathras, "Babylon 5")
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

as363 wrote:
Julie wrote:Yay!! Field trip time!! :D
As apposed to tripping in the field ?? (:>))
Well, there mat be peyote buttons or Psilocybe mushrooms out there...
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
starkruzr

Post by starkruzr »

So we're all on the same "Kath is stupidly sexy" page, right?

I'm just checking here.