An Adventure 2013-01-25

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
User avatar
shadowinthelight
Posts: 2563
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:49 pm
Location: Somewhere, TX
Contact:

An Adventure 2013-01-25

Post by shadowinthelight » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:18 am

I swear, the characters of this comic could probably start a nudist colony. :roll:
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!

User avatar
Fairportfan
Posts: 3283
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:14 am
Location: Atlanta (well, Gainesville)
Contact:

Re: An Adventure 2013-01-25

Post by Fairportfan » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:23 am

Be afraid. Be very afraid.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber

User avatar
displaced
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:28 pm

Re: An Adventure 2013-01-25

Post by displaced » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:33 am

talk about changing the subject!

kingklash
Posts: 1105
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:12 pm

Re: An Adventure 2013-01-25

Post by kingklash » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:43 am

And Oscar said, *bloop*

User avatar
displaced
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:28 pm

Re: An Adventure 2013-01-25

Post by displaced » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:50 am

monday, reconstituted monica backhands phix
tuesday, phix gives respect
wednesday, vampires told to get coffee
thursday, tsilla carries out monica?
friday New subject?
WTF?
what happened between wednesday and thursday?

User avatar
Opus the Poet
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:24 am
Location: Surrounded by Hell
Contact:

Re: An Adventure 2013-01-25

Post by Opus the Poet » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:51 am

That's kinda dangerous to say about now, what with M transmographying into the Jaguar Girl and becoming immortal and all that. Not to mention the "new" cast members having a taste for human blood.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.

User avatar
Fairportfan
Posts: 3283
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:14 am
Location: Atlanta (well, Gainesville)
Contact:

Re: An Adventure 2013-01-25

Post by Fairportfan » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:57 am

Remember - an adventure is someone, far away, that you don't know, having a really bad day!
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber

User avatar
DilyV
Posts: 1768
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:03 pm

Re: An Adventure 2013-01-25

Post by DilyV » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:05 am

kingklash wrote:And Oscar said, *bloop*
Maybe hes still a little gassy from the Ice cream Incident.....
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.

User avatar
Wyvern
Posts: 387
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:29 pm
Location: In front of a computer.

Re: An Adventure 2013-01-25

Post by Wyvern » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:09 am

Katherine may need an adventure; it does not necessarily follow that Oscar needs an adventure.
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.

zachariah
Posts: 1470
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:22 am

Re: An Adventure 2013-01-25

Post by zachariah » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:16 am

Nice, but only a filler. Let's get on with the story!!!!
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.

User avatar
Jabberwonky
Posts: 2964
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:11 am
Location: Houston, Texas

Re: An Adventure 2013-01-25

Post by Jabberwonky » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:17 am

How is Kath supposed to go on an adventure without Oscar? Every witch needs her familiar... ;)
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous

Akeche
Posts: 241
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:37 pm

Re: An Adventure 2013-01-25

Post by Akeche » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:27 am

shadowinthelight wrote:I swear, the characters of this comic could probably start a nudist colony. :roll:
Last time I checked, the only one who was a nudist was Katherine xP.

User avatar
Dave
Posts: 6979
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Mountain View, CA, USA

Re: An Adventure 2013-01-25

Post by Dave » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:32 am

zachariah wrote:Nice, but only a filler. Let's get on with the story!!!!
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I swear, I can just hear Pablo quoting directly from a Warner Brothers character as he reads that comment.

He's saying He doesn't know me vewwy well, does he?

zachariah, I bet you 1000 quatloos that this isn't filler, and that Katherine does indeed become enmeshed in an adventure central to the Wapsi storyline by the time the summer solstice rolls around this year.

Paul's a master at subtle foreshadowing... but this looks to me like one of the most deliberately obvious leadins he's ever offered us.

(which could, of course, mean that I'm dead wrong in what I suspect... this is Paul we're talking about here.)

User avatar
Locuran
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:57 am

Re: An Adventure 2013-01-25

Post by Locuran » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:44 am

I for one hope it's more than a filler, and am very happy for I've missed Katherine being around.

User avatar
Boxilar
Posts: 541
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:58 pm

Re: An Adventure 2013-01-25

Post by Boxilar » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:52 am

Dave wrote:
zachariah wrote:Nice, but only a filler. Let's get on with the story!!!!
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I swear, I can just hear Pablo quoting directly from a Warner Brothers character as he reads that comment.

He's saying He doesn't know me vewwy well, does he?

zachariah, I bet you 1000 quatloos that this isn't filler, and that Katherine does indeed become enmeshed in an adventure central to the Wapsi storyline by the time the summer solstice rolls around this year.

Paul's a master at subtle foreshadowing... but this looks to me like one of the most deliberately obvious leadins he's ever offered us.

(which could, of course, mean that I'm dead wrong in what I suspect... this is Paul we're talking about here.)
Seconded. First, several adventures/story arcs have started with similar pinups.

Second, Katherine is just unusual enough in appearance that I'm willing to raise the bet to 2000 quatloos that Kath is more than she appears, even if she isn't aware of it. Between her conversatios with Oscar and her unusual eyes with little or no sclera showing, I think she's more than human. I've postulated before that maybe she has a marine ancestry in her background, and that of all the fish, the ones with mostly black eyes are sharks. Her teeth and lipless mouth have a bit of a shark like look as well.
Locuran wrote:I for one hope it's more than a filler, and am very happy for I've missed Katherine being around.
I don't think it's a coincidence that a week of Katherine was dropped in the middle of the Phix snit drama. She's going to be important soon.

User avatar
KnightDelight
Posts: 521
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:41 pm

Re: An Adventure 2013-01-25

Post by KnightDelight » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:59 am

So perhaps Kath IS going to step into the role of the sweet, and naive character, taking Monica's place in that capacity.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap

User avatar
Jabberwonky
Posts: 2964
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:11 am
Location: Houston, Texas

Re: An Adventure 2013-01-25

Post by Jabberwonky » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:10 am

Boxilar wrote: I've postulated before that maybe she has a marine ancestry in her background, and that of all the fish, the ones with mostly black eyes are sharks. Her teeth and lipless mouth have a bit of a shark like look as well.
Truly traditional mermaids were not very nice. Sharp pointy teeth and stuff....
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous

GreyWolf
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:39 am

Re: An Adventure 2013-01-25

Post by GreyWolf » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:11 am

I read her thinking "I need an adventure" and immediately thought, "no, sweetie, you need a back rub, and I can take care of that for you ..." :D

Nice to see one of my favorites again. Hopefully she isn't in for a shock like when she met Phix for the first time.

GreyWolf
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:39 am

Re: An Adventure 2013-01-25

Post by GreyWolf » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:14 am

zachariah wrote:Nice, but only a filler. Let's get on with the story!!!!
Only a filler? You sure about that? Forgotten past Friday cliffhangers have we? Rest of us will be watching to see how Katherine gets drawn into the recent events, and how she handles one of the few people she very felt comfortable with (Monica) suddenly becoming one of the things that can scare the crap out of her (like Phix).

Patience, bud.

User avatar
NOTDilbert
Posts: 1065
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:39 am
Location: Western Arkansas, USA

Re: An Adventure 2013-01-25

Post by NOTDilbert » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:17 am

Boxilar wrote:
Seconded. First, several adventures/story arcs have started with similar pinups.

Second, Katherine is just unusual enough in appearance that I'm willing to raise the bet to 2000 quatloos that Kath is more than she appears, even if she isn't aware of it. Between her conversatios with Oscar and her unusual eyes with little or no sclera showing, I think she's more than human. I've postulated before that maybe she has a marine ancestry in her background, and that of all the fish, the ones with mostly black eyes are sharks. Her teeth and lipless mouth have a bit of a shark like look as well.
Or Spiders. In mythology, the two stories that come readily to mind are Arachne and Anansi.

Or it might be some other facet of hers Paul focuses on. Maybe she becomes a werewolf and starts chasing squirrels.....
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville

Post Reply