Their Dignity 2013-01-24

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
nerf-dweller

Their Dignity 2013-01-24

Post by nerf-dweller »

Um Tsilla...about that dignity thing. I don't think that's how its done.
HospitalDrone

Re: Their Dignity 2013-01-24

Post by HospitalDrone »

Huh, maybe Monica should do the whole boneless cat thing so she can't be picked up like that. That is one of the things she can do now right?
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Now that is not how to treat a sub-titan with respect. I do notice that Monica may have just realize her clothes are gone. I imagine eventually Monica will become a casual nudist. Especially if she keeps flaming her clothes away. But that is one heck of a battlefield distract for her. The villian shoots her dead. Flash of flame and nude Monica stands before him. By the time his eyes have stopped bugging out he's toast.
Last edited by zachariah on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

zachariah wrote:Now that is not how to treat a sub-titan with respect. I do notice that Monica may have just realize her clothes are gone. I imagine eventually Monica will become a casual nudist. Especially if she keeps flaming her clothes away. But that is one heck of a battlefield distract for her. The villian shoots her dead. Flash of flame and nude Monica stands before him. By the time his eyes have stopped bugging out he's toast.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

I think Mon should poit herself home while Tsillah and the ladies go get some coffee.
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Did Tsillah's left hand get bigger when she draped it across M's backside?
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Opus the Poet wrote:Did Tsillah's left hand get bigger when she draped it across M's backside?
Hopefully. I think the Jaguar Girl would appreciate not having her kitty on display.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

At the risk of borking the next six months of plot line:

Monica - This is all very nice, Phix, but I demand to know what is going on!

Phix - Of course dear, but it will make more sense coming from Brandi.

Brandi - Remember when you said you wanted to help Jin?

M - Yes...

B - And I told you about how people became pawns to me?

M - Go on...

B - For all the cycles Jin had to sort out the Calendar Machine, I've had enough time, piecemeal, to sort out what would become of you afterwards. When Mayhuel taught you Glyph, in the form of your late grandmother, she was working to prepare you for dealing with the three of us, and so set up a chance to repair the Calendar Machine, and possibly free herself in the process. And, as you know, it worked!

M - Yay team. Keep talking.

B - But the blade in your skull also imbued you with access to the source of it's power -- the forces which allowed the Calendar Machine to be overcome. Like it or not, those forces are a part of you. But then, what about Jin? What to do?

M - Ok - what?

B - The knowledge of Glyph gained you access to survive and manipulate the forces associated with the blade. I anticipated Jin's condition as consequence of resolving the Calendar problem, and also sought a way to deal with it. You are it! But to help Jin, you need to be able to walk among the dead. And so, I maneuvered you into the emotional state and trauma needed to bring forth and focus those powers you have inherited. You have become the Jaguar Girl, sub-Titan, and functionally immortal. Moreover, the Library recognizes you, and you have scholarly access to the whole of the universe. Your potential is unlimited.

M - Sheesh. But how can I help Jin? Research? What? Where?

B - For starters, practice. Jin's recovery lies among the dead, and you can discover it. But you need to learn how to walk there - Tsillah will be your guide! And, you need someone dead to practice with. Agents Pratt and McBride here, just happen to have someone who could benefit from your services.

P & McB - Ermm ... hello!

And then.......
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

What truly scares me Atomic is that your script makes a lot of sense. Maybe it is time for another fan story?? ;)

But I have to admit that I think that Jin is fully cured now. She is sane (well what is sanity anyway??) and now mortal. When she dies of old age she will be happy to end over 80,000 years of life. Of course after that she will still be able to be visited by Monica after all.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

I thought Maya already fixed Jin?
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWERS!

Still no idea what's really going on.

Just go along for the ride, Moni. You might get free clothes out of it.
donoho

Post by donoho »

Is Susie looking at Lily, or fixated on Phix?
ChattaStarhawk

Post by ChattaStarhawk »

It seems Mon is suffering from brain lock due to Phix's last statements (may need a hard reboot to restore normal operations). I note that she is still partly in sub-titan mode although much of her markings and coloration have faded at this point.

And wasn't she heading in to work when Nudge sidetracked her? How much time has passed since then? MIB doing a cover story with her boss so her job doesn't go up in smoke, perhaps? Or will she have to show up wearing sackcloth and ashes to make up for her tardiness? (Tosses a couple of blocks of frankincense into the pun jar.)

As a side note: what's happening with Jin nowadays? Is she doing anything in the background... or has she gone on vacation?
Dave

Post by Dave »

And the looks going back and forth between the two vampires agree, in conveying the same basic message: "I simply have no words adequate to describe how completely and surreally out of our depths we are!"
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

I'd say the USS Dignity has already left port at this point. JG's rep may have also fallen a few points on the fan worship scale with the sanguine sisters as well. Ass in your face nudity will tend to do that.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Dave wrote:And the looks going back and forth between the two vampires agree, in conveying the same basic message: "I simply have no words adequate to describe how completely and surreally out of our depths we are!"
Tsillah, meanwhile, has that just-another-day face, which (for me) totally makes this comic.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

nerf-dweller wrote:Um Tsilla...about that dignity thing. I don't think that's how its done.
That's about as much dignity as you're going to get with Tsillah. Or with Nudge, for that matter.
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

From Monica's expression, I'd say she's still bouncing back and forth between the larger ramifications of being a Sub-Titan and how it's going to affect her on a more personal level. The first words out of her mouth in full Jaguar Girl fury after dying and being ressurected for a second time were "that bra cost $300!" Her primary concern after learning she had grown fangs was that she was talking funny. I think the shock we're seeing now is mostly of the "Did I really just Pimp slap Phix? What the hell was I thinking?!" veriety. That, more than anything, is driving home how much more powerful she is now, and I think her brain is locked up dealing with the implications. Otherwise she would have poited in clothes for herself from home by now.
Wyvern wrote:
nerf-dweller wrote:Um Tsilla...about that dignity thing. I don't think that's how its done.
That's about as much dignity as you're going to get with Tsillah. Or with Nudge, for that matter.
Part of Brandi's plan, i'd wager. Hard to get too full of yourself when these two are around tho keep you from getting a swelled head. It seems to be Nudge's primary reason for being, to comfort those in need and cut those who need it down to size by pointing out thier stupidity.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Boxilar wrote:Part of Brandi's plan, i'd wager. Hard to get too full of yourself when these two are around tho keep you from getting a swelled head. It seems to be Nudge's primary reason for being, to comfort those in need and cut those who need it down to size by pointing out thier stupidity.
Or their absurdity.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Fairportfan wrote:
Boxilar wrote:Part of Brandi's plan, i'd wager. Hard to get too full of yourself when these two are around tho keep you from getting a swelled head. It seems to be Nudge's primary reason for being, to comfort those in need and cut those who need it down to size by pointing out thier stupidity.
Or their absurdity.
I really doubt this is one of Brandi's plans. ALmost all of her plans ended when the calander was fixed. Everything after that is unknown so how could she plan for it. Since then she has not had enough time to set anything like this up. She uses very subtle manipulation, not a sledgehammer.