Grouchy Pants 2013-01-23

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Fairportfan

Re: Grouchy Pants 2013-01-23

Post by Fairportfan »

Dave wrote:She reminds me more than slightly of Little Frieda, in this respect and others.
No cigars.

So, does that make Lily or Suzi the Madonna?
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Tsillah has offered to get coffee, but no one has offered to drop by Mon's place for a change of clothes, or even a bathrobe....Not that I'M complaining, mind you - ;)
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

jeffepp wrote:
zachariah wrote:
Wyvern wrote:Tsillah's strength is shadows, not math. But never mind. Going out to get coffee is a good idea - and there's only one important coffee shop in Wapsi Square!
True but Tina is definetly NOT going to deliver to the Library. THe Vamps get to become gophers.
Actually, she has the Library franchise... http://wapsisquare.com/comic/a-game-of-chess/

That's a great piece; it's used a lot on the wiki, for all three characters in it. But I'm not sure we've seen Tina in the Bibliothiki in any canon strips since Phix performed her Nudge-ectomy. What with one thing and another Tina has her reasons not to drop in. She does know about the Stevens Square annex, but hasn't been shown to go over there.
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

Having experienced what they just have, I doubt either Lily or Suzi will willingly go back into the Library with coffee, even if ordered by their boss (Tsillah). Escaping once with their un-lives would be enough, they're not gonna want to take another chance!
Remember, we have seen Lily carrying what was (apparently) coffee before, when she was going to Suzi's apartment and met Brandi. She could be a regular at Mucho Mocha and we just haven't seen her.
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

BTW: does Monica's shed blood evaporate when she flames on and regenerates?

Otherwise, what happened to the splatter on Lily and Suzi's faces?
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

What do you do when you have chocolate smeared on your face?
:P
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Jabberwonky wrote:What do you do when you have chocolate smeared on your face?
Depends - Am I with a date, or by myself.....? :oops:
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

See if you can get the marshmallow and graham crackers to stick?
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

shadowinthelight wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote:What do you do when you have chocolate smeared on your face? :P
See if you can get the marshmallow and graham crackers to stick?
Nudge would do this!
Tulkinghorn

Post by Tulkinghorn »

A couple things can be deduced or confirmed by Tsillah's declaration:

-Shelley is definitely a titan, not some sort of sub-titan;

-Tsillah and Nudge are more than one million years old;

-which makes them much older than some titans, including Bia, who was a titan-child a mere 12,000 years ago. And Epimetheus, Kulkulkan, and so on?

If I understand this correctly, the titans and the gods are much more recent arrivals to the scene, not just in power but in terms of birth, than, at the least, Charon and his daughters. What other sub-titans do we know about?
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

They'd have to have longer tongues than Monica.
=====================
=====================
mike weber
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

Tulkinghorn wrote:A couple things can be deduced or confirmed by Tsillah's declaration:

-which makes them much older than some titans, including Bia, who was a titan-child a mere 12,000 years ago. And Epimetheus, Kulkulkan, and so on?

If I understand this correctly, the titans and the gods are much more recent arrivals to the scene, not just in power but in terms of birth, than, at the least, Charon and his daughters. What other sub-titans do we know about?
I'm thinking Tsillah is blowing smoke here; a million years is a long time, and pushes the timeline rather farther back than is plausible. For one thing it predates the evolution of the Neanderthal; we're before modern humans here, not that that really matters to Tsillah - but what would they be doing all that time? Titans don't seem to predate modern humans, given that they look perfectly human. Bia might be a shapeshifter but Epimethius isn't, certainly not consciously.

Although I don't see anything here suggesting that Tsillah would be old enough to remember the last time this happened.
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

As I thought. Both Vamps plopped down on the floor. Hoping they can hold on to their "lunch" :lol:

By the by, a bit OT, but the link to the Wapsi Wiki got me to do some google-street-tourism. You know what? I found Tsillah's home. It's SO her.. :P

check "18 Maple Place, Minneapolis" with streetview, turn around 180 degrees, and be surprised (or aghast, depending on one's color-sensibilities)
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
illiad

Post by illiad »

Dave wrote:
donoho wrote:Can't wait to see Tina's take on current events.
She may have seen it coming or at least seen potential hints of it? "Sunshine" is probably glowing like a whole sun, on the aura level that Tina can see!
hey lemme try.... :P

"hey sunshine!!! you are looking *really* feline today!! {sarcastic smile} " :D :D
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

Jay-Em wrote:By the by, a bit OT, but the link to the Wapsi Wiki got me to do some google-street-tourism. You know what? I found Tsillah's home. It's SO her.. :P Check "18 Maple Place, Minneapolis" with streetview, turn around 180 degrees, and be surprised (or aghast, depending on one's color-sensibilities)
Ah, my eyes! If anything that might be too tasteful - there are only two or three colors. Very much Tsillah's palette, though, and near the right neighborhood!

Years back there was a house like that in my own neighborhood; the owners worked at a paint store, so they'd get a gallon or two of random colors as leftovers any time they needed to paint anything. Fine quality paint, but the colors were whatever was surplus at work. The house was amazing to look at. Alas, someone with more conventional tastes bought it and now it looks like all the other houses.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Wyvern wrote:
Jay-Em wrote:By the by, a bit OT, but the link to the Wapsi Wiki got me to do some google-street-tourism. You know what? I found Tsillah's home. It's SO her.. :P Check "18 Maple Place, Minneapolis" with streetview, turn around 180 degrees, and be surprised (or aghast, depending on one's color-sensibilities)
Ah, my eyes! If anything that might be too tasteful - there are only two or three colors. Very much Tsillah's palette, though, and near the right neighborhood!

Years back there was a house like that in my own neighborhood; the owners worked at a paint store, so they'd get a gallon or two of random colors as leftovers any time they needed to paint anything. Fine quality paint, but the colors were whatever was surplus at work. The house was amazing to look at. Alas, someone with more conventional tastes bought it and now it looks like all the other houses.
Well I went looking for a house that I used to pass all the time going to and from work. I couldn't find it through Google Maps (Moople?) but it was a modest middle-aged home with a sort of spindle and bead 'gingerbread'. And it was painted six or seven different pastel colors. I thought it was wonderful, but apparently the owners took a lot of crap from the neighborhood over it. (It was on the fringes of a hoity-toity area) If I find it later I'll post it somwheres.
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

NOTDilbert wrote:Tsillah has offered to get coffee, but no one has offered to drop by Mon's place for a change of clothes, or even a bathrobe....Not that I'M complaining, mind you - ;)
Curses, NOTDilbert you have beaten me to the punch.....line.
I can see it coming down the line: "Monica you are such a Jag." Monica: "How did you know!?!" :lol:
Wapsi
Site Admin

Post by Wapsi »

Wyvern wrote:
Tulkinghorn wrote:A couple things can be deduced or confirmed by Tsillah's declaration:

I'm thinking Tsillah is blowing smoke here; a million years is a long time, and pushes the timeline rather farther back than is plausible. For one thing it predates the evolution of the Neanderthal; we're before modern humans here, not that that really matters to Tsillah - but what would they be doing all that time? Titans don't seem to predate modern humans, given that they look perfectly human. Bia might be a shapeshifter but Epimethius isn't, certainly not consciously.

Although I don't see anything here suggesting that Tsillah would be old enough to remember the last time this happened.
I should've had Tsillah say "a bajillion years" or some other made up word. She pulling a number out of her butt to just mean "a really long time".
Skywatcher68

Post by Skywatcher68 »

Opus the Poet wrote:I notice that Pratt has regained consciousness. And those who voted in favor of P and McB hiding in the stacks get a no-prize. Excelsior!
Not stacks but, given Tsillah's angle in the second panel, they've backed up under a table and she's on top.
Julie

Post by Julie »

Wyvern wrote:
jeffepp wrote:
zachariah wrote:True but Tina is definetly NOT going to deliver to the Library. The Vamps get to become gophers.
Actually, she has the Library franchise... http://wapsisquare.com/comic/a-game-of-chess/
That's a great piece; it's used a lot on the wiki, for all three characters in it. But I'm not sure we've seen Tina in the Bibliothiki in any canon strips since Phix performed her Nudge-ectomy. What with one thing and another Tina has her reasons not to drop in. She does know about the Stevens Square annex, but hasn't been shown to go over there.
Didn't Phix say something a while back about how not everyone can get to the Library through the annex? I know that was before Nudge was punched out, but I'd be willing to bet that the not-so-subtle hint that Tina would have to be taken there by M in order to be welcome still holds true.
NOTDilbert wrote:
Depends - Am I with a date, or by myself.....? :oops:
Alone...lick it off yourself. With a date...ask them to lick it off for you. Either way the chocolate (or in this case, blood) gets licked off, right? :)
Wyvern wrote:

Who's to say that all of the Titans or other classes of beings had to be hanging out on Earth? We already know there are other inhabited "places," be they the Demon Realm or some of the other places M can go now via the Library. :) Where do you think the Titans and other "gods" have been spending their time since the V-Cells were put in place to protect Earth? :) As for Tsillah being old enough to remember the last time a sub-Titan was created...well, she may have read about it in the Library...or learned about it at school (since she mentioned to Shelly that she was in school). :)

All in all, I'm really enjoying this. :) Now, if you'll excuse me...I hear my tea kettle whistling in Confusion Corner. :P
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."