Magical Trail 2021-02-11

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Dave

Magical Trail 2021-02-11

Post by Dave »

Somehow she reminds me of the imaginative very young Atsali. "It's a dragon!"

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/magical-trail/
Sgt. Howard

Re: Magical Trail 2021-02-11

Post by Sgt. Howard »

I'm wondering if this isn't the same minotaur that Atsali and Katherine encountered in the library before their great adventure...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Or maybe Murphy?
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Drakkenmensch

Post by Drakkenmensch »

Considering the wapsi universe, there probably really was a young minotaur boy selling lemonade to raise money for a bicycle.
ziggy78eog

Post by ziggy78eog »

This timeline is starting to get muddled. When did Owen and Lakshmi have a kid? And if she is in her mid 20’s, how big of a time skip are we looking at? When we were following the Gilchrist girls, we figured a few years here and there, with Cass going from Elementary, to Junior High, to Highschool, but this throws everything off. Looking at the age difference, Roxanne had to have been born, years before Katherine adopted Atsali and This needs to be cleaned up.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Check yesterday's comments on the bottom of the strip's page, Paul 'splain'd it...
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

This being Wapsi, and boundaries between the realms being rather porous, the maze and young minotaur might have been real and Roxanne might have been in the Library.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Is is just me, or does Lakshmi look an awful lot like Berdine, in that profile shot in the second panel?
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Time problem: If Roxanne is 23, then Monica is somewhere near fifty.

I don't know if Monica has a PhD, but she certainly has a Master's.

That makes her mid-twenties at least when the comic begins,. and it's sometime after that that Owen meets Lakshmi.

Then add twenty-four years or so, and Monica is AT LEAST in her late forties.

Of course, she can reset to 29 whenever she wants to...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

lake_wrangler wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:58 pm Is is just me, or does Lakshmi look an awful lot like Berdine, in that profile shot in the second panel?
Yes, I was looking at the profile and thought "I've seen this before..." while trying to visualize how Lakshmi would look after Mr. Taylor's changes in drawing style.
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

Sgt. Howard wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:29 am I'm wondering if this isn't the same minotaur that Atsali and Katherine encountered in the library before their great adventure...
Heck, it could have been the minotaur that Antimony and Katherine met in Gunnerkrigg Court.