More Animal 2013-01-18

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
jeffepp

Re: More Animal 2013-01-18

Post by jeffepp »

Well, the good news is, that old bra wouldn't fit now, anyway.
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

Dave wrote:Now, that's weird. After Paul announced it, I went back in the archives to March 30 2012, saw the comments on my iPad, went to my laptop, saw the comments in the archive there, saved the whole day's archive page with comments as a PDF... and now when I look, they're gone from the archive page... no comments at all.

I guess I must have caught the site in a halfway state somehow?

Double-checking this, I am also unable to see any comments on 30 March 2012. If they were there briefly, that's a great sign - I'd love to see our old comments and I'm happy to hear they still exist somewhere. But they're apparently not up on the net at the moment.
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

And to think: if I hadn't had some slight computer problems last night, I would have made a point of going on record to say that I wasn't quite convinced that Phix was unaware of Monica's regenerating ability.

Boy, would I have egg on my face, right now... :roll:

OH. Wait... I just said it, didn't I...

Boy, do I have egg on my face or what... :oops:
:P
illiad

Post by illiad »

Fairportfan wrote:
Wapsi wrote:Just a heads-up, folks. The comments are back on the Wapsi site, they are run through Facebook. =)
Well, it's very unlikely i'll be using them unless everything dries up here.
seconded, I'm not a fan of that... :)
GreyWolf

Post by GreyWolf »

Wapsi wrote:Just a heads-up, folks. The comments are back on the Wapsi site, they are run through Facebook. =)
Heh, figures. My workplace blocks any links/references to youtube, ebay or facebook ... too many idiot reps browsing while they are on the phone. Bad reps, bad! Only do that BETWEEN calls, you dummies!

Ah, well.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

GreyWolf wrote:
Heh, figures. My workplace blocks any links/references to youtube, ebay or facebook ... too many idiot reps browsing while they are on the phone. Bad reps, bad! Only do that BETWEEN calls, you dummies!

Ah, well.
Same thing here, only no sales reps. Just plain ol' dummies.
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Does anyone get the feeling our heroine may be headed for a change of hair color?
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
eee

Post by eee »

Phix seems a bit... distracted... right now. Monica may have to repeat herself. Or grab Phix by the scruff of her neck and give her a shake - size differential not withstanding - to get her to start paying attention to what the Jaguar Girl is saying.

What's the glowing thing to Monica's right? A fireball or random flame, or is something else happening?

Pratt and McBride are probably cowering back in the stacks, with no idea what's going on or if they'll live through it...
Julie

Post by Julie »

And for that reason I'll be sticking to the forum. I'll read the comments, but I won't post there. I don't really want my Facebook to show activity on a comic site when I'm at work. :oops:
My2Cents wrote:Also hope Monica can come up with a good excuse to get Lydia to build her some astral fireproof bras.
Well, given that Lydia has had secretive buyers in the past, I'd be willing to bet that the MiB could come to an arrangement with her. :)

Also, I'm looking forward to learning what the "hard to concentrate" bit means considering M didn't have this much trouble with Shelly and Bud. Though Yamara may have a point about the brain regeneration being the key...I'll just wait at my little cozy nook in the Confusion Corner. :)
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Julie wrote:
My2Cents wrote:Also hope Monica can come up with a good excuse to get Lydia to build her some astral fireproof bras.
Well, given that Lydia has had secretive buyers in the past, I'd be willing to bet that the MiB could come to an arrangement with her. :)

Also, I'm looking forward to learning what the "hard to concentrate" bit means considering M didn't have this much trouble with Shelly and Bud. Though Yamara may have a point about the brain regeneration being the key...I'll just wait at my little cozy nook in the Confusion Corner. :)
I' ll bring the tea and scones. Any preference of tea, fruit or cheese? I just got a lovely wedge of Wensleydale, and some vibrant Earl Grey.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
Wapsi
Site Admin

Post by Wapsi »

Wyvern wrote:
Wapsi wrote:It was one way to bring the archived comments back, but still give me control to remove trolls from the Wapsi site. Don't worry, the forum won't go anywhere. =)

Wait, are the old comments back or not? A quick spot check shows me the ability to comment on old strips, but not the comments made in the past. (I see it's a little trickier to navigate by date, but that's okay.) It could be I've just gotten unlucky, but it looks as if the comment history is lost.

Which is okay, but I admit it would be nice to still have the old commentary.
You can comment again, but the old comments don't show up. I misspoke. Sorry for the confusion.
Julie

Post by Julie »

DinkyInky wrote:
Julie wrote:I'll just wait at my little cozy nook in the Confusion Corner. :)
I' ll bring the tea and scones. Any preference of tea, fruit or cheese? I just got a lovely wedge of Wensleydale, and some vibrant Earl Grey.
Ooo...you have fantastic taste! I may be content to start with what you have. :) That said, I'm feeling like I may transition to a fruity flavor after one cup...I could go for some of Celstial Seasoning's Moroccan Pomegranate Red Rooibos Tea. :)
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Wdot

Post by Wdot »

The hearts! Phix really cares for Monica and is overjoyed she didn't kill her permanently. I bet Phix has an a account at Lydia's and will more than gladly replace the bra--- an excuse to go shopping with M?

I wonder what that splashed blood from Monica will do to Pratt and McBride?
Make the wrong things difficult, and the right things easy. Notice the smallest change and the slightest try and reward him.
----Ray Hunt
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

I still have my suspicions that Phix and M are related.

And this "form" of Monica may be her version of Shelly's Sphinx aspect. Boy, are they gonna have fun at Halloween this year.
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
alj_ws

Post by alj_ws »

illiad wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:
thirded, there is no company i'm less likely to use products than them.

Paul, using a system which allows to use facebook credentials as one option to log in order to comment is one thing which is perfectly fine, requiring fb is definitely not. A great global system is disqus one
Not a biggie, i can comment here, but still
Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
Oscar Wilde
donoho

Post by donoho »

shadowinthelight wrote:
waldosan wrote:come on i wanna see monica pile drive phix!
No nead to pile drive, Monica would easily win the fight with some creative poiting. Can you say instant declawing?
And I just had a flash of Street FIghter: Wapsi Square. Wow.
KnightDelight wrote:So now there are 3 places to comment about the same comic? Here, The main Wapsi page, and Paul's facebook page? And it looks like different groups of people are posting in each place. I'm sorry, but I don't quite see the big picture in all this?
I think, the big picture is Paul opening more doors and making Wapsi Square more accessible. Different people run in different circles (though some run in all :P ), but everyone gets to enjoy the Wapsiverse from the comfort of their own... whatever they use.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

More places to comment = more readers = more website hits = more merch being sold = happy & fat cartoonist. :)
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Wapsi wrote:
Akeche wrote:
I really couldn't be any less of a fan of that being the case. Why the change?
It was one way to bring the archived comments back, but still give me control to remove trolls from the Wapsi site. Don't worry, the forum won't go anywhere. =)
Groovy! But the new comment set-up is kind of re-aligning things for my computer. I though there wasn't a strip up for today, until I scrolled down a bit further.
dadman

Post by dadman »

Fairportfan wrote:
Glad to see comments back, though now I'll have two fora to find the time to read through on work days. Like Jay-em and my daughter, I'm convinced FB is de debbil.

Back on-topic: Glad that Phix has snapped (is snapping) out of it. Go Monica!

Now I'll wander over to Confusion Corner to see if there's any of that Wensleydale left, and if the pot of Earl Grey is still warm. Maybe Julie and I can strike up a conversation about Celestial Seasonings... :geek:
Yo soy un papa.
Leak

Post by Leak »

illiad wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:
Yeah, I'm not ever going to touch Farcebook, not even with a ten-foot pole - nothing can be worth that invasion of privacy... :roll:

Good thing AdBlock Plus for Firefox makes it easy to wipe Facebook and similar crap off my browser but still keep the Project Wonderful ads which have lead me to quite a few other webcomics... :D

np: Scott Matthew - Black Bird (Gallantry's Favorite Son)