More Animal 2013-01-18

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Mark N

Re: More Animal 2013-01-18

Post by Mark N »

Jay-Em wrote:Facebook hmm?

Well, It's nothing personal, but I refuse to use that bit of detritus.

I will keep at the (by now) "true" comment-page/forum. Thank You very much.

Buut, having said that. In the light of Troll-infesting yeah, understandable choice.

The important thing here is that all of the old comments are back to be enjoyed again. There were some real good ones in the old comments after all. :D Thank you Paul.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

*SNORT* *SNARL* *SNORT*

That doesn't sound good. Like Monica has got some more behavioral side effects of her new status coming out. And the flames are rising again. Definitely not a good sign.

Hope the library has good a good fire suppression.

Also hope Monica can come up with a good excuse to get Lydia to build her some astral fireproof bras.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
HospitalDrone

Post by HospitalDrone »

Sphinxy hugs. Are they as devastating as the ones a certain medusa gives? If so they will both calm down at least a little bit. Hard to stay upset when giving or getting a hug that big.

Hmmmm, I wonder what she will find when she calms down enough to look up Jaguar Girl. Are there others? Will it give her any hints on how to control all the aspects of her new powers? Or is there going to be a book with a giant question mark in it?
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Occam's Razor, people:

Phix didn't know about Monica becoming Jaguar Girl because it never happened before in previous iterations of the calendar loops.

Shelly probably knows about it because she found out from the maker of the blade that turned M into Jaguar Girl what exactly it is... and Bud helped fill in the pieces.

Et voila!
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Wapsi wrote:Just a heads-up, folks. The comments are back on the Wapsi site, they are run through Facebook. =)
Hm. Would it be in poor taste to comment on the site AND in here?
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

Dave wrote:
Wapsi wrote:Just a heads-up, folks. The comments are back on the Wapsi site, they are run through Facebook. =)
And this includes the archived ones! Thank you very much indeed! :!: :!:
It does? How do you see the archived comments?
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
displaced

Post by displaced »

So she did see phix as more animal, but that changes the way she will deal with phix. she also took being killed in stride. it didn't bother her near as much as the first time. she did go all the way spots this time and the upgrade to her was made while phix was NOT there so phix doesn't know about that. go back and check, it was only a few minutes ago. i'm not sure how phix didn't know about her regenerative powers, considering that she did this once a few days(?) ago. I'm also not sure on the time line here. So how does she deal with the fact that phix is basically immortal and so is she. She doesn't seem to be so angry that she could kill but she doesn't look really happy either.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

No, it only means the old ones are up - on FB.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

Wapsi wrote:It was one way to bring the archived comments back, but still give me control to remove trolls from the Wapsi site. Don't worry, the forum won't go anywhere. =)

Wait, are the old comments back or not? A quick spot check shows me the ability to comment on old strips, but not the comments made in the past. (I see it's a little trickier to navigate by date, but that's okay.) It could be I've just gotten unlucky, but it looks as if the comment history is lost.

Which is okay, but I admit it would be nice to still have the old commentary.
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.
Dave

Post by Dave »

TlalocW wrote:Ooooh... Monica is not only the Jaguar Girl, but she has to deal with a Hulk-complex where she is more rage-filled and has trouble mentally concentrating.

But some questions have been answered about Phix and what she knew (or didn't) and when.

TlalocW
I'd guess that it'll depend on how much she's being Jaguar at any particular moment. There's a delicious toothsome irony in the way that Monica is chewing out Phix for being so animalistic, while snorting and snarling and gaarghing at Phix and apparently having trouble restraining herself from a rather animalistic scream-and-leap-for-the-throat.
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

jwhouk wrote:Occam's Razor, people: Phix didn't know about Monica becoming Jaguar Girl because it never happened before in previous iterations of the calendar loops.

Quite possibly! Or, on the other hand, Phix just hasn't had to think about it for 1450(N) years, where N => 1. If she last dealt with a regenerating Monica five or ten time loops back, there's no reason she'd have it at the front of her mind now...
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.
displaced

Post by displaced »

I don't think the loop would have anything to do with it. the loop was created by the clock. The clock had never been destroyed before so anything that happens after the clock was stopped hasn't happened before. The clock was the loop start and end. This is new to phix and everyone else who was caught in the loop.
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

displaced wrote:I don't think the loop would have anything to do with it. the loop was created by the clock. The clock had never been destroyed before so anything that happens after the clock was stopped hasn't happened before. The clock was the loop start and end. This is new to phix and everyone else who was caught in the loop.
That and Monica was only spiked this one time so she was never made immortal before. She may have been born a Jaguar Girl, but the regeneration of the Phoenix comes from Bia's blade in her head so Phix only knows about the Jaguar.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Dave

Post by Dave »

KnightDelight wrote:
Dave wrote:
Now, that's weird. After Paul announced it, I went back in the archives to March 30 2012, saw the comments on my iPad, went to my laptop, saw the comments in the archive there, saved the whole day's archive page with comments as a PDF... and now when I look, they're gone from the archive page... no comments at all.

I guess I must have caught the site in a halfway state somehow?
themadkansan

Post by themadkansan »

KnightDelight wrote:
Dave wrote:
If you're using a scriptblocker like NoScript, you will have to unblock facebook.com/facebook.net/fbcdn.com to see the comments now.
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

Dave wrote:
TlalocW wrote:Ooooh... Monica is not only the Jaguar Girl, but she has to deal with a Hulk-complex where she is more rage-filled and has trouble mentally concentrating.

But some questions have been answered about Phix and what she knew (or didn't) and when.

TlalocW
I'd guess that it'll depend on how much she's being Jaguar at any particular moment. There's a delicious toothsome irony in the way that Monica is chewing out Phix for being so animalistic, while snorting and snarling and gaarghing at Phix and apparently having trouble restraining herself from a rather animalistic scream-and-leap-for-the-throat.
I think it is important that Monica is controling herself. The rude lesson she learned via Nudge, Eyrale and Tsilla has stuck. She's controlling the base impulses of the Jaguar Girl while using her powers to read Phix. She is also in the unique position of being able to confront Phix over behavior she herself engaged in only a day ago.

Also, Phix pretty obviously didn't know that Monica would ressurect when killed and it's just as obvious that the head librarian is overjoyed that M is alive.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Jay-Em wrote:Facebook hmm?

Well, It's nothing personal, but I refuse to use that bit of detritus.

I will keep at the (by now) "true" comment-page/forum. Thank You very much.

Buut, having said that. In the light of Troll-infesting yeah, understandable choice.
Agreement on both points.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

So now there are 3 places to comment about the same comic? Here, The main Wapsi page, and Paul's facebook page? And it looks like different groups of people are posting in each place. I'm sorry, but I don't quite see the big picture in all this?
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Yeah, I'm jumping through random dates in the archives and I see the Facebook plugin load up but none of the old comments.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
themadkansan

Post by themadkansan »

KnightDelight wrote:So now there are 3 places to comment about the same comic? Here, The main Wapsi page, and Paul's facebook page? And it looks like different groups of people are posting in each place. I'm sorry, but I don't quite see the big picture in all this?
...Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks... :)