Pumpkin 2013-01-17

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
dex drako

Re: Pumpkin 2013-01-17

Post by dex drako »

yeah I'm going with Phix not being let in on M's respawn powers and now for the awkward moment when you're trying to be angery at someone and they're just happy you're alive. lol
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

davids4250 wrote:
If she had a hypodermic in her head, she would be a furry with a syringe on top! That might be a little obscure for some of you youngsters.

Drives a surrey into the pun stable.

Did you have to go all the way to Oklahoma for that one?
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Paul, that was worth the buildup. And talk about a hot Jaguar!!! You have made another look for Monica that will stay with us forever (and the cos-play with it would be stunning)
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

RunningBull wrote:Nice job with all those spots Paul. That looks like it took some time. Looks great.
Actually I bet he just cloned a texture in whatever drawing program he uses and painted it in.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Opus the Poet wrote:
RunningBull wrote:Nice job with all those spots Paul. That looks like it took some time. Looks great.
Actually I bet he just cloned a texture in whatever drawing program he uses and painted it in.
Either way, it looks great.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Mark N wrote:
Opus the Poet wrote:
Either way, it looks great.
I never said Pablo was stupid or lazy or anything like that, cloning a texture (even if he hand drew the initial pattern) would save significant time over doing the whole thing by hand. Paul's smart and working to a deadline.
TlalocW

Post by TlalocW »

On further reflection, I wonder if this could be a continuation of Monica's training, which the other, older super-powered characters seem to be handling via a metaphoric, "throw her in the deep end to teach her to swim," method. First Shelly kind of lets her discover new powers in a baptism by (astral) fire with Bud delivering the temporary knock-out punch. They mentioned how stubborn M could get so they could have talked with the others who then set up the whole, "show her what a bad-ass," she could be with Nudge egging her on (which is what Nudge does best). Give her a breather for a nap on the furry trickster while the next step - getting her to morph fully into Jaguar Girl - is set up with Tsillah, the vamps, and Phix. Maybe Phix's low key mea culpa is because the training went wrong but ultimately no harm done. Maybe they were hoping Monica's actions would have been more on the offense rather than defense, and if Phix can't be harmed in the library, she would be the logical choice for goading Monica into taking a potshot at her. But in the end, they still get Jaguar-Girl.

Or I could be wrong.

TlalocW
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

waldosan wrote:hey paul, would it be okay if i super impose monica in the last panel into that famous uncle sam war bonds poster from world war two?
I think that poster was a recruiting poster from WWI, and there's a ripoff of it in one of the ads on the site as I type this.
TlalocW

Post by TlalocW »

MartinSStoller wrote:And no more "Sylvester thpeeth ithueth"... how about that? :lol:
I've been told (and seen the phenomenon so I believe in it) that when needed, a woman can talk perfectly fine through clenched teeth... And that when she does, it is not a good thing.

TlalocW
rootwalla

Post by rootwalla »

Geeze.. I can practically hear a Jaguar yowl in the third panel... AWESOME! :shock: :!:
(think stock Hollywood jaguar/panther roar sound)
Now hosting a cocktail bar in the confusion corner.
Beware the Jar... Jar... Jar...
If you can read this... you're awesome, also way too close!
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Mark N wrote:
davids4250 wrote:
If she had a hypodermic in her head, she would be a furry with a syringe on top! That might be a little obscure for some of you youngsters.

Of course. But we can now needle him about it. Just thought I would inject a comment.

Drops a #3 into the punjar. I am assuming it is safe for sharps.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Mark N wrote:
davids4250 wrote:

Vampires flee while a sphinx goes kerfuffle,
The Jaguar howls while death does a shuffle,
Clothing gone in a flash on the double,
as the flames
go
pop!
Just another day
for the girl
at the top.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Will Monica drop out of being J Girl when she realizes she is now naked? Full nude scenes for Monica are few and fur between.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

Atomic wrote:]
Vampires flee while a sphinx goes kerfuffle,
The Jaguar howls while death does a shuffle,
Clothing gone in a flash on the double,
as the flames
go
pop!
Just another day
for the girl
at the top.[/i]

High Five!!
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

waldosan wrote:hey paul, would it be okay if i super impose monica in the last panel into that famous uncle sam war bonds poster from world war two?
You mean like this? ;)
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
donoho

Post by donoho »

Fairportfan wrote:She needs a long, thick, satisfyingly lashable tail when she's in her full aspect, though.
Damn :shock:
bdgoodfriend

Post by bdgoodfriend »

$350?! My wife's custom ones cost a third of that.(and the size is NOT 1/3) The library's gonna need a week to auto -repair after this :o
dex drako

Post by dex drako »

TlalocW wrote:On further reflection, I wonder if this could be a continuation of Monica's training, which the other, older super-powered characters seem to be handling via a metaphoric, "throw her in the deep end to teach her to swim," method. First Shelly kind of lets her discover new powers in a baptism by (astral) fire with Bud delivering the temporary knock-out punch. They mentioned how stubborn M could get so they could have talked with the others who then set up the whole, "show her what a bad-ass," she could be with Nudge egging her on (which is what Nudge does best). Give her a breather for a nap on the furry trickster while the next step - getting her to morph fully into Jaguar Girl - is set up with Tsillah, the vamps, and Phix. Maybe Phix's low key mea culpa is because the training went wrong but ultimately no harm done. Maybe they were hoping Monica's actions would have been more on the offense rather than defense, and if Phix can't be harmed in the library, she would be the logical choice for goading Monica into taking a potshot at her. But in the end, they still get Jaguar-Girl.

Or I could be wrong.

TlalocW
if true I for vote for monica to cut as many ties from these people and find some friends that really respect her as an equal. stubborn or not you don't constantly keep treating your friend like that, once is okay, twice pushing it and after that it's a complete sign of disrespect.
The Old Wolf

Post by The Old Wolf »

Naked Jaguar Girl is naked. And angry.
Now that Monica seems to be an immortal, Phix may need to start controlling her anger around our heroine. This strip has certainly taken a new twist!
“Make the world work, for 100% of humanity, in the shortest possible time, through spontaneous cooperation, without ecological offense or the disadvantage of anyone.”
-R. Buckminster Fuller
---------------
Playing in the World Game
illiad

Post by illiad »

bdgoodfriend wrote:$350?! My wife's custom ones cost a third of that.(and the size is NOT 1/3) The library's gonna need a week to auto -repair after this :o
well that bra includes a few very advanced materials, like non-Newtonian elements (normally soft, but hardens on impact) and more :P .. anyone got a ref?? {edit} found it :D
http://wapsisquare.com/comic/what-the-frig-newtonians/
The Old Wolf wrote:Naked Jaguar Girl is naked. And angry.
Now that Monica seems to be an immortal, Phix may need to start controlling her anger around our heroine. This strip has certainly taken a new twist!
whoa!! :) :) and she seems to have grown some, in other areas... :mrgreen: :twisted: :mrgreen:
Last edited by illiad on Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.