Pumpkin 2013-01-17

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
rootwalla

Re: Pumpkin 2013-01-17

Post by rootwalla »

Heh.. I wonder how Kevin will react if Mon ever goes furry on him? :lol: :D 8-)

:lol: I just remembered! http://wapsisquare.com/comic/11072001/ Good foreshadowing :P
Now hosting a cocktail bar in the confusion corner.
Beware the Jar... Jar... Jar...
If you can read this... you're awesome, also way too close!
Cyrus McDugan

Post by Cyrus McDugan »

(o.O) 350$? Wow.

At least she doesn't lisp anymore. Okay, Sphix had removed great parts of her 'old' face, so this is plausible.
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

I think Monica bursting into flame has left Phix seeing spots, assuming that she is the viewer in the last panel, which, since Mon is pointing and speaking right at her is a good assumption.

As for Monica growing in other areas, someone somewhere already pointed out an apparent connection between her use of her powers and the growth of her, uh, "attributes".

And I don't think this was her superbra. That one cost her over $800 if I recall. Her usual bras were already in the multi-hundred dollar range.
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
illiad

Post by illiad »

Cyrus McDugan wrote:(o.O) 350$? Wow.

At least she doesn't lisp anymore. Okay, Sphix had removed great parts of her 'old' face, so this is plausible.
see link in my last post... 8-)

I would guess the library environment has got her to 'full' jaguar girl, including ability to use her teeth and tongue properly.... :mrgreen:

davids4250: you posted while I was doing the above.. :/ even bigger wow... Hope she gets paid enough!!! :)
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

TELL ME I AM DOING SOMETHING IMPORTANT.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
sonicthunder

Post by sonicthunder »

dex drako wrote:if true I for vote for monica to cut as many ties from these people and find some friends that really respect her as an equal. stubborn or not you don't constantly keep treating your friend like that, once is okay, twice pushing it and after that it's a complete sign of disrespect.
Queue a return for the strip's mortal characters (Amanda, Katherine, Kevin, possibly even the elusive Jacqui or seemingly retired Owen and Daren)?

You know, I do find it a bit funny how much Monica resents Tepoz (Tepoz's apology didn't really seem to mend relations much), yet considering what he did versus what all of her other supernatural "friends" (sans Tina & Nudge) have done to her at this point... there's a double standard at work here. Maybe it's because he's the one supernatural of which Monica's not at all secretly/openly afraid. It would be nice to see M get a bit of a confidence boost from her newest power-upgrade and jerk others around for a change.
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

Wow! Awesome Jaguar girls in all their spotted Glory is awesome! Nose spots and everything.

Love the animalistic way she made her re-appearance. Jaggy attitude comes to the fore. "Sweetie my ass! You owe me money ... and a piece of your rank hide, bitch!" Phix sways back a bit, then leans forward, grins and snarls; "Bring it! ... Pumpkin!" And a good laugh is had by all.

I suspect there may be even more to the full transformation, however, since she started to run on all fours a few comics back. That would tend to indicate more of an animal shaping to the rear legs (a la Phix's and Shelly's hindquarters) yet to come for Monica. Maybe even the ability to fully morph into the animal like the GGs. Tail and all.

Still, I'll miss the old sweet Monica. We need one of the other characters to step up and become the cute innocent one in the series. The one everyone wants to protect. Monica doesn't even need the GGs for protection anymore. Amanda's too jaded. Maybe Katherine since she's already in the know. Though she's not entirely innocent what with her squirrel eating ways.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
CraigR

Post by CraigR »

Haven't read thread yet, just wanted to point out a couple of things:

1) Well, it looks like Phix really was unaware of Monica's shiny new immortality.

2) Nice uber-freckles Mon developed, there. I guess each regen brings out more of the Jaguar Girl aspect.

3) Or is that pattern fur?
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Did I not read something, or has there been no comment about the "carving a pumpkin face" pun Paul's been making up to now? How did we even miss that for the last 48 hours?

More seriously, she seems to have come back directly as the Jaguar. . . instead of her human form at the time of Calendar Ritual.

Since her form is restored to the point of the sacrifice, it would suggest that Limbo, where the Library is located, is the Jaguar Aspect's natural habitat, and where it might be trapped, if Monica were not a doorway.

The Ritual installed a Key to that doorway. It can't be removed "without killing her"; killing her doesn't seem like such a big wumpus anymore.

But a Key is not doorstop. A Key can turn.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
Kaibyo

Post by Kaibyo »

davids4250 wrote:[If she had a hypodermic in her head, she would be a furry with a syringe on top! That might be a little obscure for some of you youngsters.]

OOOOOOOW!-klahoma!! Not SO very obscure. Great pun , tho'.
"Our scientific power has out run our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men" - Martin Luther King Jr.

"As a woman I have no country. As a woman my country is the whole world." - Virginia Woolf
Kaibyo

Post by Kaibyo »

And I don't blame her for her major complaint being that of the destruction of her bra! Finding one that fits us really full-figured girls well, looks cute and is comfy (HANG the price!!) is not an easy task. I'm no Jaguar Girl/Phoenix, but if someone did that to one of mine.................there wouldn't be enuf DNA left to convict me!
"Our scientific power has out run our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men" - Martin Luther King Jr.

"As a woman I have no country. As a woman my country is the whole world." - Virginia Woolf
Fatuncle

Post by Fatuncle »

sigh

Can anyone remember a time when any of my speculations turned out right? I can't.
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

Fatuncle wrote:sigh

Can anyone remember a time when any of my speculations turned out right? I can't.
Well, join the club.

To the right of You it's the confusion-corner, to Your left is the "Mischlungenen Nostradamus"-corner (Failed Nostradamus)

I'll be going back and forth between those for, like, years.
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
eee

Post by eee »

So much focus on jauger-girl Monica. So little on Phix. Phix, who apparently didn't know about Monica's Phoenix aspect and was so stunned by what she'd done to her protegee / surrogate daughter she was going into denial and shock before Monica flamed back. Poor Phix.

Pratt is probably in the fetal position whimpering she wants to go home now... :(
Wapsi
Site Admin

Post by Wapsi »

Opus the Poet wrote:
RunningBull wrote:Nice job with all those spots Paul. That looks like it took some time. Looks great.
Actually I bet he just cloned a texture in whatever drawing program he uses and painted it in.
Nope, that was all drawn by hand and is on the original art. You'll see it when I put it up on Ebay. =)
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

donoho wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:She needs a long, thick, satisfyingly lashable tail when she's in her full aspect, though.
Damn :shock:
But then we'd be calling her "Pirta" and the comic would be known as "The Whiteboard".
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Wapsi wrote:
Opus the Poet wrote:
RunningBull wrote:Nice job with all those spots Paul. That looks like it took some time. Looks great.
Actually I bet he just cloned a texture in whatever drawing program he uses and painted it in.
Nope, that was all drawn by hand and is on the original art. You'll see it when I put it up on Ebay. =)

Oh wow.

The hardest workin' man... (thinks about the OTHER Tayler, then amends that) SECOND HARDEST workin' man in webcomics.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Just glad that her Jaguar aspect is the big cat, and not the car.
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

If I interpret what happened of the last several strips correctly, I don't think this was another test,or a "knocking Monica out of her denial" incident. Tsilla brought Lily and Suzie to the library to introduce them to M, Phix attacked them as an affront to her and the Bibliothiki. (Phix really doesn't like vampires.) And Monica interposed herself between Phix and her prey on purpose, when she could have easily POITED away. Either Phix had the red rage thing going on and didn't notice Monica move into her path, or one of M's new powers are super fast reflexes and a personal time dilation effect. I suspect it's both. Either way, she could have moved, and chose not to.

From Phix's reaction it's pretty clear that she didn't know about Monica's regenerative ability. Just before M flames up, Phix is is in the process of having an emotional break down. She thought she killed her for real.

I think if anyone was getting schooled here, it was Phix by Monica, possibly instigated by Tsilla at the direction of Brandi. I was just thinking about Brandi's
comment about Phix being in a hell of her own making. Maybe Brandi is trying to rectify that.
Last edited by Boxilar on Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

kingklash wrote:Just glad that her Jaguar aspect is the big cat, and not the car.
Yeah. She'd be just as beautiful, but she'd only start half the time and have a faulty electrical system.

( Damn you, Lucas Electric!)