An Accident 2013-01-16

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Atomic

An Accident 2013-01-16

Post by Atomic »

Err -- is Monica that fast, or is Phix that slow?
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Fairportfan

Re: An Accident 2013-01-16

Post by Fairportfan »

Tsillah has her priorities.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Can you still call that a face plant without a face?
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Atomic wrote:Err -- is Monica that fast, or is Phix that slow?
No matter how fast you are, you're not faster than instantaneous.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Also, it appears that Phix either hasn't gotten the word ... or hasn't assimilated it ... about Monica's new abilities.

=============

Tsillah, of course, knows all about it.

==============

Suzi has made a remarkably cogent analysis of her probable future, based on what she knows. Which is incomplete, of course.

==================

And Lily's still out cold on the wheelhouse floor.
Last edited by Fairportfan on Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
=====================
=====================
mike weber
displaced

Post by displaced »

This is going to be fun. Phix didn't see her there. whoops
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

AAAAND YOU'RE GONNA LOOOOOVE IT!!!

Ah, wage slaves to the paranormal elite. Don't worry, Suze, this is just another day in the stacks.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
Stigmartyr762

Post by Stigmartyr762 »

displaced wrote:This is going to be fun. Phix didn't see her there. whoops
WHOOPS! Indeed.

Guess Phix was too fixated on the leeches to realize that Monica "POITED" in the way, in a futile attempt to try and stop her from killing the Dingbats.....at least it was quick...
Phix and Tsillah may be in for one helluvah rude awakening once Monica gets back on her feet.
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

As I said to immortals this kind of violence is punction, or as stated, Chalk it up to an Accident. Kinda shows how indifferent they are to how these action impact each other. Rip your face off and say OOPS. Wait for the recovery and say better luck next time. Monica needs to remember it. I expect this will be fairly traumatic once she reboots, welcome to the big time Monica.

Now the other side of the coin. If Monica totals Phix will she recover? After all sphynix's can die, IE the apo she ate.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Dave

Post by Dave »

OK... not a "train Monica" exercise on Phix's part. Genuine sphinx-rage, directed at vampires; M got in the way and Phix was too geared up to notice in time.

Accident? Sort of... the "sort of" which distinguishes first-degree murder from manslaughter, maybe. Phix wasn't trying to kill Monica but she definitely was trying to kill... and to kill a couple of invited guests, which seems moderately impolite even for a sphinx!

She's definitely going to have some serious apologizing and explaining to do, after Monica finishes her latest bit of exterior and interior redecorating, and should probably sign up for some anger management classes somewhere :?
Stroth

Post by Stroth »

Here's hoping they step away from her body. I'm not sure what astral fire would do to a vampire, but I'd bet that it isn't anything healthy.
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

Yamara wrote:Ah, wage slaves to the paranormal elite. Don't worry, Suze, this is just another day in the stacks.

She hasn't even seen the library spiders yet. Lucky for her that Phix likes to eat bibliodons.
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.
ChattaStarhawk

Post by ChattaStarhawk »

Fairportfan wrote:And Lily's still out cold on the wheelhouse floor.
Agent Pratt had recovered and got up just in time to get splattered with Monica; although she just may be back on the floor in reaction to what she witnessed. Suzi is either stronger in character, or just doesn't faint; she does seem to be stuck in a loop at the moment... (It is strange that the few drops of Monica's blood on her have disappeared from her face, since M hasn't done the flaming rebirth trick yet.)

And I still say Phix owes Monica for the upcoming loss of her clothes (and the custom built bra, which likely cost as much as the rest of the outfit combined).
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

ChattaStarhawk wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:And Lily's still out cold on the wheelhouse floor.
Agent Pratt had recovered and got up just in time to get splattered with Monica; although she just may be back on the floor in reaction to what she witnessed. Suzi is either stronger in character, or just doesn't faint; she does seem to be stuck in a loop at the moment... (It is strange that the few drops of Monica's blood on her have disappeared from her face, since M hasn't done the flaming rebirth trick yet.)

And I still say Phix owes Monica for the upcoming loss of her clothes (and the custom built bra, which likely cost as much as the rest of the outfit combined).
Oh, yeah.

Darn it.

I was hoping someone would respond to that, but not by shooting it down...
=====================
=====================
mike weber
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Well this is answering a thought that I was having about this arc. I think Phix was reacting instinctively to the Vampires in her Library. She smelled them and went on pure instinct without a single thought. So with that I think that Tsillah and probably her sister are trying to train Phix into bypassing her instinct to kill first and ask questions later. And Monica being defaced is just the shock to make her think about making another change in her actions.

(drops some theatrical makeup in the pun jar)
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Fairportfan wrote:Tsillah has her priorities.
No kidding. She just saw the visage of her hero get torn asunder, but nevermind that: Phix was rude to Tsillah's guests.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Even in a physical confrontation, there's no call for being rude.
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Sideromelane

Post by Sideromelane »

Am i the only one who thought Monica got in the way on PURPOSE?

She knew what Phix was going to do to the vamps, she stepped in and took the blow, knowing herself that she wouldn't die from it (having your heart punched out by a golem would, I think, be a pretty solid lesson in immortality), not only to protect the vampires - who she doesn't know but recognizes as either harmless or guests of Tsillah - and perhaps, to give Phix one hells of a scare.

After all, if you just finished reminding someone you are a monster, and they are just getting over it, you're going to be feeling pretty relieved that they don't hate you. Then you rip their face clean off and OMFG the guilt, horror, knowledge you just butchered an innocent, and worse, an innocent who is your FRIEND, no matter how aloof and monstery you try and pretend you are.

Phix has been in monster mode from the moment she ate the Apo. Nudge started to bring her around, but this might be what she needs to remember that she herself was NOT a monster when she was sent to the library.
We might die and be destroyed. But we do not surrender, and we never -- Ever -- Quit.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Sideromelane wrote:Am i the only one who thought Monica got in the way on PURPOSE?
Um, no. That's been suggested several times. :|
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Ohnhai

Post by Ohnhai »

shadowinthelight wrote:Can you still call that a face plant without a face?
At least she fell forward, keeping her brains in the upturned soup bowel that used to serve as her head, till it kissed the tiles..