An Accident 2013-01-16

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
RunningBull

Re: An Accident 2013-01-16

Post by RunningBull »

Yamara wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote:
MrFireDragon wrote:Bad Phix! Bad Phix! Stay!! Staaaaaay!!!
But where are you going to find a rolled up newspaper big enough to make that stick? :P
Ah.

Is that how Nudge got Oedipus to attack Phix with a scroll.
LOL, he realizes it is not big enough to swat with and throws it instead. I can see it!!

:lol:
"You're not going crazy! You're going sane in a crazy world!"
- The Tick
Lee M

Post by Lee M »

Geezer wrote:At least Monica hasn't "lost face" by doing the heroic thing... :lol:

Let me drag this bag o'coins over to the PunJar deposit chute...
Ahem. I know it was a late post yesterday, but I claim precedence on this one.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=621&start=60#p11229
The paper maker is the basest of all creatures. He deprives the beggar of his rags to make white sheets for editors to lie on.
--early 20th century school essay, from Fresh Howlers, ed. H. Cecil Hunt (UK, 1930)
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Sideromelane wrote:Am i the only one who thought Monica got in the way on PURPOSE?
Nope. I suggested it and backed it up with what compelling (well, I think it's compelling) logic, yesterday.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
sheik

Post by sheik »

Well, at least this episode will allow Monica to speak normally for a while, but she does need to get a grip on the fangs development.
Perhaps her oversize tongue was only a precursor to growing an equally oversize muzzle as well as the carnivorous canines.
I wonder how she looks in fur and spots?
Dr. Otter

Post by Dr. Otter »

Lee M wrote:
Geezer wrote:At least Monica hasn't "lost face" by doing the heroic thing... :lol:

Harumph! I beg to differ. ;)
Dr. Otter wrote:How embarrassing! Phix needs to remember that people hate to suffer loss of face in front of the hired help.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=621&start=40#p11197 \
Be the role model she'll always remember. Be a Girl Scout volunteer today!
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

sheik wrote:I wonder how she looks in fur and spots?
Well, if Pablo ever dares to take Monica that far, I hope he consults a page like this to tell the difference between jaguar, leopard, and cheetah spots.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
XMinusOne

Post by XMinusOne »

"Annnd it's the start of another Library Hockey Season with a face off between Phix and Monica ... Look at that puck go ... wait a minute, that's Monica's face ... and the ref calls a timeout ... " :o
Lee M

Post by Lee M »

Dr. Otter wrote:
Lee M wrote:

Harumph! I beg to differ. ;)
Dr. Otter wrote:How embarrassing! Phix needs to remember that people hate to suffer loss of face in front of the hired help.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=621&start=40#p11197 \
Another case of great minds thinking alike. Or too many puns spoiling the broth.
The paper maker is the basest of all creatures. He deprives the beggar of his rags to make white sheets for editors to lie on.
--early 20th century school essay, from Fresh Howlers, ed. H. Cecil Hunt (UK, 1930)
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

ChattaStarhawk wrote:And I still say Phix owes Monica for the upcoming loss of her clothes (and the custom built bra, which likely cost as much as the rest of the outfit combined).

If it was one of her "ordinary" bra's that she wears everyday then the funds shouldn't be a real issue they're more expensive than an off-the-rack bra, true... but not THAT expensive (i think... i'm a guy and i don't buy bras). BUT... what if she was wearing her SPORTS Bra today... Aha!... THEN the funds needed may be considerable indeed as Monica's price was $900 for that initial one... but what about that "unnamed agency" that bought enough of them at full cost in order to be ABLE to drop the price that M paid, to "ONLY" $900... i would not be surprised AT ALL to find out that the MIB were the ones that bought them up... waiting for this exact day, and obviously a few more as well... be those deaths from training accidents, or accidental "punctuation" (similar to today, etc), or just plain, being in the wrong place at the wrong time, whatever... they are prepared for the eventual disintegration of quite a few sports bra's!
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Judging from the fact that she's not being propped up, I'm guessing that wasn't one of her sports bras... Remember, she tipped forward and was held up off the floor by the bra... Not so in this instance... major boob squishage...
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Yamara wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote:
But where are you going to find a rolled up newspaper big enough to make that stick? :P
Ah.

:lol: :lol:
"No, really. Just smack her on the nose with it and she'll let you walk on by."

(as a side note, walking to the MWR for comp time, the lines of your siggy came out of my iPoot and looking at the screen I discovered I had that song)
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

Mark N wrote:
donoho wrote:
Also, poor Susie. What's the vampire equivalent of pooping your pants? (Since vampires don't poop...)
We don't know that. Paul has not let us know all the particulars on vamps in the Wapsiverse.
Well, since Suzi eats the flesh of her victims, she probably eats other flesh/meat as well. That would lead me to think she drops the occasional stinky logs.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
Julie

Post by Julie »

scantrontb wrote:
ChattaStarhawk wrote:And I still say Phix owes Monica for the upcoming loss of her clothes (and the custom built bra, which likely cost as much as the rest of the outfit combined).

If it was one of her "ordinary" bra's that she wears everyday then the funds shouldn't be a real issue they're more expensive than an off-the-rack bra, true... but not THAT expensive (i think... i'm a guy and i don't buy bras).
I'm glad you admit that your knowledge is limited due to lack of experience. :) In this case (in spite of me already seeing the price tag on M's bra from the updated page) I'd disagree. My "off-the-rack" bras normally cost $70-$75 (and while very endowed, I'm no Monica)...which is already painfully pricey for a piece of clothing that is absolutely necessary daily wear. M shops at a specialty store where she frequently gets custom built bras. Not just the sports bra is custom. If you have to make an appointment to see the lady who runs the shop, and the lady also has a degree in architectural engineering (I don't have time to do an archive crawl to find the strip where Shelly goes shopping with M, but that's where we learn about Lydia's educational background), it's a safe bet that you're not buying any "off-the-rack" undergarments. :)

For custom built pieces, I'd venture that the starting price is double what I've shown I pay for off-the-rack. That means the cheapest bra she's likely to wear would be about $150. Unless she shops for designer clothes, the rest of her outfit would probably total around $100-$150...so if she's wearing something that isn't the bottom-rung on the custom scale...well... :) Yay expensive boobies!
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Jabberwonky wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote:
Yamara wrote: Ah.

:lol: :lol:
"No, really. Just smack her on the nose with it and she'll let you walk on by."
It ultimately writes itself, doesn't it?
Jabberwonky wrote: (as a side note, walking to the MWR for comp time, the lines of your siggy came out of my iPoot and looking at the screen I discovered I had that song)*
*"Mrs. Potter's Lullaby" (in case my sig ever changes). Counting Crows is not everyone's favorite brew, but I've found that one to be particularly Wapsiesque.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

Jabberwonky wrote:
It's the Bibliotheke--they should have some scrolls that would do. ;)