Find Your Exit Buddy 2013-01-11

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Grantwhy

Re: Find Your Exit Buddy 2013-01-11

Post by Grantwhy »

Yamara wrote: Who can save Pratt & McBride now?

(It looks like them vamp girls are in a heap o' trouble... COMMERCIAL BREAK)
so, that makes Phix who?

Coltrane?

So that mean the next scene is Phix is going to drive straight at ... sorry, dive straight for Pratt & McBride and then .... and then ..... something happens?

damn, I am just going to have to read on Monday to find out what happens :)
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Aleister Crow wrote:
scantrontb wrote:
The Old Wolf wrote:Uh oh. Phix has an issue with vampires, and swooning is taking place!
all I'm seeing is a repeat of when Monica brought Katherine to the Library for the first time...
And the next week's worth of strips after that threw a bunch of Jaguar Girl foreshadowing at us. I never even noticed... :shock:
...particularly Phix in this one...
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

scantrontb wrote:
The Old Wolf wrote:Uh oh. Phix has an issue with vampires, and swooning is taking place!
all I'm seeing is a repeat of when Monica brought Katherine to the Library for the first time...
Fairportfan wrote:
Aleister Crow wrote: And the next week's worth of strips after that threw a bunch of Jaguar Girl foreshadowing at us. I never even noticed... :shock:
...particularly Phix in this one...
Heh heh. I haven't been able to forget that business.

Back when there were comments, I mentioned something about how Katherine, having a doctorate, would appreciate Monica's insight that nothing being written on a subject can be an indicator that discoveries await. A doctoral candidate was traditionally expected to bring new knowledge to mankind. Monica may still be learning stuff others know, but she is certainly in a unique position to discover truths few others ever could.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Yamara wrote:A doctoral candidate was traditionally expected to bring new knowledge to mankind.
From somewhere, I remember being told that Masters exhume old graves and move them to new graveyards. The Doctorates discover new graveyards!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Stormsong

Post by Stormsong »

...and she did the only sensible thing that she could think of... she fainted... :lol:
Stormsong

Let me be on parched earth a cool jug of water.
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Atomic wrote:
Yamara wrote:A doctoral candidate was traditionally expected to bring new knowledge to mankind.
From somewhere, I remember being told that Masters exhume old graves and move them to new graveyards. The Doctorates discover new graveyards!
Started to LOL, but then I...

...realized that's been the Story So Far.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Yamara wrote:
Atomic wrote:
Started to LOL, but then I...

...realized that's been the Story So Far.
Sometimes, Reality is it's own Satire.

To be fair, there's a lot to said for Masters' grave digging. One bunch found an error in Millikan's oil drop experiments on electrons, due to a publishing error in a reference book he used. Another took a different look and found indications of Quarks -- Millikan simply hadn't done enough tests to separate the Quark signal from the typos and math errors. In astronomy, a group responded to the discovery of Charon, moon of Pluto, by searching the Mt Wilson and Palomar archives for Pluto imagery. Their work improved the orbital baseline for Charon (and so the mass calculations for both) by over 50 years.

And of course, the Doctors (MD types) who actually tried to treat ulcers by dealing with the pesky bacteria that always seemed to be around, instead of the old eat-bland-food cure. There's a lot to be said for shuffling bones around.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

I think that in a few hours we will find out if a vampire poops blood sausages.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Mark N wrote:I think that in a few hours we will find out if a vampire poops blood sausages.
Not unless they swallow the skins first. (And do you know what blood-eaters' poop looks like? Tar. Look up vampire bats in Wikipedia.)
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Opus the Poet wrote:
Mark N wrote:I think that in a few hours we will find out if a vampire poops blood sausages.
Not unless they swallow the skins first. (And do you know what blood-eaters' poop looks like? Tar. Look up vampire bats in Wikipedia.)
Ah, but what are natural sausage skins made of?
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Dave

Post by Dave »

Fairportfan wrote:
Opus the Poet wrote:
Failed legislation 8-)
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Fairportfan wrote:
Opus the Poet wrote:
...snips and snails and puppy dog tails?
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

MerchManDan wrote: ...snips and snails and puppy dog tails?
Close enough. :D
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

I figured that would be more likely than "sugar and spice and everything nice." :lol:
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

MerchManDan wrote:I figured that would be more likely than "sugar and spice and everything nice." :lol:
More like "Claws and pain and jugular veins."
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap