The Cool Aunt 2021-01-18

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
AnotherFairportfan

Re: The Cool Aunt 2021-01-18

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

FreeFlier wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:52 pm I think the name has been changed from BLVE to BLEVE . . . not sure why.
It's been "BLEVE" as long as i've known about it and that's more than thirty years.

"Boiling Liquid Expanding Vapour"

It's the expanding vapour that sudden;y cracks the container and blows out into a huge fuel-air cloud almost instantaneously.

If you're ever around a burning container of flammable liquid and you see the flame "necking down" ... it's too late to run - get under or behind something Very Sturdy
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

AnotherFairportfan wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:38 pm
FreeFlier wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:52 pm I think the name has been changed from BLVE to BLEVE . . . not sure why.
It's been "BLEVE" as long as i've known about it and that's more than thirty years.

"Boiling Liquid Expanding Vapour"
Also because you better bleve that it's a serious explosion risk...
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Something from the film 'the Princess Bride' is floating around my remembrance...
Leak

Post by Leak »

On the topic of 'splosions - does this count?

lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

TazManiac wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:17 am Something from the film 'the Princess Bride' is floating around my remembrance...
I was thinking the same, as well. And since you mentioned it, I went to the IMDB page for the Princess Bride movie, looking for Miracle Max quotes, but can't find the one I was looking for.

Something like...

Miracle Max pushes air into Wesley's lungs, and pushes on his chest.
Wesley: True love
Inigo Montoya: See? He said "True Love". What can be more noble than this?
Miracle Max: True, nothing is nobler than true love... but that's not what he said: he clearly said "to bleve"... And to bleve means to bluff... You see, he must have been playing poker...

Or something to that effect...

To get it more accurate, I would have to look for my copy of the movie, and check out the scene in question, which is something I don't have time for, currently...
Dave

Post by Dave »

And then, of course, there is the Fire Swamp, and the fireproof Holocaust Cloak.

And Radishes Of Unusual Size (in the Director's Vegan Recut version, at least)
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

{Not dignifying that by a response}
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Leak wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:53 pm On the topic of 'splosions - does this count?

Love that channel, umm those channels. Hydraulic Press channel and Beyond The Press channel :ugeek:
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Opus the Poet wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:22 pm
Leak wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:53 pm On the topic of 'splosions - does this count?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4JUQaLHriU
Love that channel, umm those channels. Hydraulic Press channel and Beyond The Press channel :ugeek:
While I'm not subscribed to them, I have watched a number of their videos in the past, and they are indeed quite entertaining.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Yep, Wrangler is dead on the mark.